|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Tomic seals it with a love service game! On the final point Querrey's rather tame return floats out and Rod Laver rises to acclaim its newest favourite son! Tomic marches on and he will now play Dolgopolov in the third round! Full men's draw
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) 5-3 - BREAK - Oh dear, Querrey's fading fast here. A poor service game gives Tomic a break at a crucial moment and the Aussie will now serve for the match!
- - Justin Gimelstob: "Tomic doesn't use a tennis racket he yields a scalpel! He's a surgeon on court. Sam is bringing heat and Tomic's absorbing it like a sponge!"
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) - SET - Tomic's apparent expertise in tie-breaks is there for all to see as the Aussie wins it for the loss of just three points! He really seems to be growing quickly as a player. How far can he go this year?
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 6-6 - TIE BREAK - Tomic does enough to send the third set to a tie-break. And Tomic has a great record on the tour and in Grand Slams in these situations...
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 4-4 - Speaking of which, it's all level at 4-4 in the third on Rod Laver. We'll turn our attentions to that one in due course.
- - TOMIC 3-6 6-3 - SET - Tomic is back on level terms over on Rod Laver! The Aussie responds exactly when he needs to, much to the delight of the home crowd!
- - TOMIC 3-6 3-2 - BREAK - Tomic's run is brought to a halt as Querrey breaks back. This is the American's sixth straight Aussie Open and 20th appearance at a major.
- - TOMIC 3-6 2-0 - BREAK - The 19-year-old Aussie carries on where he left off in that last game and he breaks Querrey early in the second. Coming from behind is nothing new for Tomic, of course, after he found himself two sets down against Fernando Verdasco in the first round.
- - TOMIC 3-6 1-0 - Tomic delivers the best possible response to going a set down - he holds serve to love in the opening game of the second set.
- - TOMIC 3-6 - SET - Querrey seals the first set with an ace - his seventh - and there's a real air of disappointment inside Rod Laver Arena. The American has done brilliantly to silence what could have been a raucous crowd tonight. Of course, it's far from over yet...
- - TOMIC 2-4 - BREAK - Tomic lands awkwardly on break point, falling to the floor and allowing Querrey to finish the point off! Querrey gets the first breakthrough on Rod Laver where you could almost hear a pin drop.
- - TOMIC 1-2 - Not much to report from Rod Laver Arena, other than Tomic is showing why he's so highly rated. He's already mixing up his shot selection, although Querrey's sticking with him.
|Date of Birth||07/10/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/10/1992|