|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||1||4||-||-||-|
- - Thanks for joining us today to see yet another title go the way of Roger Federer. The Swiss wins his second Rotterdam title.
- - GAME SET AND MATCH! FEDERER 6-1 6-4 DEL POTRO: Two match points for Federer - he squanders the first one with a forehand into the net, but there is no mistake with the second one - he pushes Del potro wide to the left, then volleys into the open court.
- - It feels like Federer has dominated this match, but in fact both players have won 31 points in this set. It is only Federer's break point conversion rate (3/5 to Del Potro's 0/7) that is setting him apart today.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-4 DEL POTRO: Match point Federer at 15-40 after Del Potro whips a forehand wide. But Del Potro responds with two thunderous serves - deuce. And he goes on to hold sevre - a gutsy effort, but Federer will now attempt to finish this match off.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-3 DEL POTRO: Danger for Federer as he quickly falls 15-40 behind. He saves the first break point with a deft cross-court volley, then reaches deuce when a long rally culminates in Del Potro pulling a backhand wide. One game from victory now...
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-3 DEL POTRO: Good response from the Argentine, who holds to 15 to keep this set close. When he lands his first serve he has only lost one point in the set. Alos, he has had three break points to Federer's one - but you have to make them count.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-2 DEL POTRO: Del Potro earns himself a break-back point, and is dominating the rally but pushes a two-fisted backhand just a shade too long and he squanders the opportunity! Federer then hits long to bring up another break point... then he saves it with a scorching cross-court forehand! Fed goes on to hold, and that could very well be a decisive moment in this match.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-2 DEL POTRO: Break! Federer makes the breakthrough, capitalising on some poor shotmaking from Del Potro. First the Argentine nets a simple backhand volley, then he falls victim to Federer's slice return off the second serve. A huge challenge here for Del Potro.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-2 DEL POTRO: Masterful shot from the Swiss, who completely wrong-foots Del Potro with a forehand slap down the line - but a Federer error brings up break point for Del Potro. However, a couple of big first serves bring the number one seed back on terms in this set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-2 DEL POTRO: More decent stuff from the Argentine - hitting some big first serves and holding to 15. He has not lost a point on his first serve this set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-1 DEL POTRO: Great defence by Federer, who chases back and hits a perfect lob over Del Potro's head - the Argentine attempts to respond with a 'hot dog' but finds the net. Federer goes on to hold to 15, but the rallies are lasting longer and Del Potro is very much in this match.
- - FEDERER 6-1 0-1 DEL POTRO: The Argentine needed that - a service hold to open the second set. He slams down a 192km/h serve down the middle and now he must put some pressure on the Federer serve.
- - FEDERER 6-1 DEL POTRO: SET! A spot of bother for Federer as he falls 15-30 behind with another loose shot. A service winner gets things back on track, then brings up a set point. Del Potro saves it, coming forward to meet a net cord and doing enough to force Federer to net. A cross-court backhand winner takes the first set for Federer!
- - FEDERER 5-1 DEL POTRO: A rare unforced error from Federer prevents him going 0-30 ahead, as he dumps a routine forehand into the net. Del Potro follows up with an ace, and gets a huge cheer. He then wins the best point of the match, which features some brutal hitting from both players and a remarkable recovery shot from Federer, who nevertheless nets on the next shot to lose the rally. Federer then hits long and Del Potro is in the match!
- - FEDERER 5-0 DEL POTRO: Well, this is blink-and-you'll-miss-it stuff. A love hold for Federer, who is one game away from dishing out a bagel to the beleaguered Del Potro.
- - FEDERER 4-0 DEL POTRO: Break! This is turning into a rout! Federer breaks to 15, and it's all too easy for the Swiss at the moment. He completes the break by drawing Del Potro to the net, and wrongfooting him with a pass down the right line.
- - FEDERER 3-0 DEL POTRO: The Swiss consolidates the break with ease, and after a sticky opening service game he has really hit his straps. He is striking the ball well and playing his usual imaginative array of shots.
- - FEDERER 2-0 DEL POTRO: Break! Federer approaches the net and has a great chance to pass his opponent for 15-40... but he nets a seemingly simple shot. It doesn't matter, though, as he wins the next two points, and secures the break with a drop shot that Del Potro can only scoop high in the air, and Federer puts away the smash.
- - FEDERER 1-0 DEL POTRO: Chances in the opening game for Del Potro, who squanders two break points. Federer has certainly not hit his stride, but eventually holds after thumping an ace down the middle, and a successful serve-volley.
- - FEDERER 0-0 DEL POTRO: FEDERER to serve first - play!
- - Del Potro beat Michael Llodra in three sets, Karol Beck and Victor Troicki in two, and also overcame Tomas Berdych in straight sets yesterday. Federer leads the head-to-head between these two 8-2.
- - Federer's route to the final has taken in straight-sets wins against Nicolas Mahut and Jarkko Nieminen, while Nikolay Davydenko took him to three sets in yesterday's semi-final. Mikhail Youzhny abandoned.
- - The players are out on court, just getting ready to knock up. The lights are off around the stadium, as is often the way with modern tennis.
- - Welcome to LIVE coverage of the final of the ATP Rotterdam tournament between Roger Federer and Juan Martin Del Potro!
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|