|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
14:25 - It's Nadal on court next, and he's up against Stanislas Wawrinka. Come here to follow the match
- - Djokovic 6-4 6-2 - MATCH! Haase volleys a winner from near the back of the court! That looked like it was probably going out, but no matter. The Dutchman next chases down a lob and hits the ball through his legs, but Djokovic drop volleys with ease. A brilliant return and it's another match point…into the net from Haase and that's that.
- - Djokovic 6-4 5-2 - BREAK!…an error and all of a sudden it's break point. An inch perfect one-two from Djokovic brings it back to deuce, but an excellent return into the feet of his opponent and it's another break point…another stinging return and that's his fourth break of the match.
- - Djokovic 6-4 5-1 - An inside-out forehand winner from Djokovic, but Haase replies with a gentle pass up the line. A good pick-up from the Dutchman as the ball clips the baseline forces Djok to volley wide. Novak's drop shot is too good and he follows it up with an ace down the tee. Match point…not yet as Haase this time does get to the drop shot...
- - Djokovic 6-4 5-1 - BREAK! A just bizarre time to choose a drop shot from Novak and Haase gets there with hours to spare. This is shaping up to be a re-run of the first set as Haase works a 40-30 lead. He claws it back to deuce though, then Haase loops one well long for break point…an exchange of volleys at the net is unsurprisingly won by Novak and he just has to serve out for the match.
- - Djokovic 6-4 4-1 - BREAK! Good coming forward from Haase as Djokovic again takes his foot off the gas and concedes three break points…Haase only needs on as Djokovic hits wide. What a strange performance this has been from the world number one.
- - Djokovic 6-4 4-0 - Haase gets too much air on the drop shot and Djokovic drops it just over the net himself for the winner. Novak slams a backhand into the corner that Haase can only put long and he only needs one of the three break points to go into an unassailable lead.
- - Djokovic 6-4 3-0 - Novak pounds a winner crosscourt at a ridiculous angle and he has two game point…Haase slices wide and he has only won two points so far in this second set.
- - Djokovic 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! The world number one might just run away with this now. He batters a forehand into the corner to set up two break points…he only needs one of them as his overhead is hit accurately up the line.
- - Djokovic 6-4 1-0 - Djokovic wins an astonishing point as he's completely on the defensive. He finally gets back to a lob and on the turn sweeps a passing shot past Haase. It's a hold to love as Haase's squash shot fails to make it over the net.
- - Djokovic 6-4 - SET! Haase does well to control the smash away from the reach of Djokovic. The Dutchman slices a volley centimetres wide and suddenly it's two set points for the world number one…the first is saved, but not the second as Djokovic needs two bites at the net to put it away.
- - Djokovic 5-4 - What's going on here? Two more errors from Djokovic put Haase 0-30 up. Big serves get him back level, but yet another forehand goes well wide for break point…Djokovic slams the foerhand winner up the line. Haase does well to get back some heavy Novak hitting, but he can't live with the power and that's the game.
- - Djokovic 4-4 - More mistakes from Djok, but he's interspersing them winners. A single break point for the world number one, but he fails to take it. More errors spray off Novak's racket and Haase has made an excellent recovery from 4-1 down to level.
- - Djokovic 4-3 - BREAK! Haase outmanoeuvres Djokovic at the net, then the Serbian follows it with an atrocious backhand low into the net. Wow, three break back points for Haase as he forces the error from Djokovic…another awful shot from Djokovic as he again hits low into the net.
- - Djokovic 4-2 - A terrific drop shot from the Dutchman as Djokovic gets to the ball, but fails to flip it over the net. Haase has the chance to hold, but Djokovic puts a return down at his feet and he can't keep it in play. Haase hits his second winner of the day to save a break point…saves another…concedes another…saves another. Really wasteful from Djokovic so far as he gifts Haase the game with a terrible drop shot.
- - Djokovic 4-1 - Djokovic isn't giving Haase a sniff as the Serb moves into a sizeable lead. He takes the game to 15 with no trouble at all and Haase can't prevent errors sneaking into his game.
- - Djokovic 3-1 - BREAK! The divide in class is already showing. Djokovic executes the drop shot from the back of the court and he has three break points…an even better drop shot follows and that's a break to love.
- - Djokovic 2-1 - Haase continues to hit shot after shot long of the baseline as Novak races into a 40-0 lead. Neither player's really got going here though and Djokovic now hits into the net, then wide. An error strewn game comes to a fitting end as Haase backhands wide.
- - Djokovic 1-1 - BREAK! That didn't last long. Novak breaks back with ease to level the scores early in this match.
- - Djokovic 0-1 - BREAK! Haase starts really strongly and forces the error at 30-30 and it's break point…Djokovic does enough as Haase hits well long. Another opportunity for Haase though and he takes full advantage!
12:55 - Djokovic struggled to victory in the previous round against Dolgopolov after the sad news that his grandfather had passed away. Haase on the other hand swept to an easy victory against Bellucci in straight sets.
12:50 - Hello and welcome to Eurosport UK's live game-by-game coverage of Novak Djokovic vs Robin Haase at the Monte-Carlo Masters. Players should be on court soon and play will begin shortly after the hour.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||06/04/1987|