|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Novak Djokovic seals a convincing victory over Andreas Seppi as he sets up a clash with Alexandr Dolgopolov - the 16th seed from Ukraine - in the last 16. It's a superb performance from Djokovic, and a comfortable win at the start of his campaign. Full drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-4 - Seppi forces Djokovic to serve out for the match as he holds serve again, and this time to love! Djokovic almost finds a brilliant forehand winner, but it goes agonisingly long. He will now have the chance to serve out...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-3 - The world number one moves unerringly towards victory and a place in the third round as he holds serve without too many problems. Seppi continues to battle on valiantly, chasing down everything possible but still lacking the class to compete closely.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-3 - Again, Seppi erodes his opponent's lead with a gutsy hold, and the Italian clenches his fist in delight as he fires a forehand winner down the line. Djokovic is not being handed this set, by any means.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-2 - Despite Seppi battling away furiously to post two games on the board on his own serve, he is not able to make any real impact on his opponent's delivery. Djokovic holds to restore his two-game cushion as he moves towards victory.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-2 - Huge credit must go to Seppi who, despite the scoreline, battles on tirelessly and forces his way back into the set, reducing the deficit once more. Djokovic applauds one forehand from his opponent and will not be allowed to coast.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-1 - Djokovic consolidates his break of serve with a crunching forehand down the line as Seppi drops a forehand short in mid-court, and the Serb ensures that he has complete control in this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Djokovic does not have to wait long to secure the advantage in this second set as he breaks Seppi's serve at the second opportunity! The Italian falters at 30-30 with a poor second serve, and Djokovic eventually breaks after deuce to establish control.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-1 - Djokovic is given all sorts of problems by Seppi, who appears rejuvenated and purposeful in this second set after losing the first. The Serb comes through with a belligerent forehand down the line giving him the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 0-1 - What a hold from Seppi! Djokovic throws absolutely everything at his opponent with unrelenting pressure, but the Italian comes through after deuce to hold serve with two intelligently crafted points.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! The top seed closes out the opening set in clinical fashion, taking it 6-1 with a real flourish: two forehands to beat a tireless Seppi have to be perfect and are. The Serb takes the opening set, and in convincing fashion.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Seppi finally gets on the board in this opening set, but not before a long deuce in which Djokovic finds two brilliant winners but is still not able to secure the bagel and a third successive break of serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-0 - It's an arduous game for Djokovic to withstand as Seppi applies real pressure and takes his opponent to deuce with two very fine cross-court winners. But Djokovic comes through an extended deuce with a big first serve moving him to within a game of the opening set.
- - Djokovic holds a 6-0 lifetime record over Seppi (though they haven’t played each other in almost three years).
- - DJOKOVIC 4-0 - BREAK! This is all incredibly easy for Djokovic, who breaks much more comfortably this time to establish a commanding 4-0 lead in this opening set! Seppi is simply not allowed to settle on serve, and the top seed steps in court to bludgeon destructive groundstrokes.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - The top seed comfortably consolidates his break of serve with a crisp half-volley down the line after moving in court to keep the rally going, and he finds a big first delivery to close it out. Seppi must settle now on serve with a big deficit emerging.
- - Djokovic did not play Monte Carlo last year but did play here the five years before that, reaching one final (2009) and two semi-finals (2008 and 2010).
- - Djokovic may not have had the perfect start to the year he had in 2011, but he has still compiled a sparkling 20-2 record so far in 2012, defending his Australian Open and Miami titles and falling in the semi-finals of title defenses at Dubai and Indian Wells.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Seppi begins his service game confidently but Djokovic wears him down with a series of gruelling points as the game goes to deuce. The Serb eventually breaks serve as Seppi loses his composure, and he has the early advantage!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The world number one gets off to a typically confident, assured start as he finds two huge forehands to leave Seppi lunging around at the back of the court. He holds comfortably. Can Seppi get off to a solid start now?
- - Right, we're about to get underway in this second-round match on Court Central, and Djokovic will serve after winning the toss.
- - Very shortly on Court Central, world number one Novak Djokovic will make his entrance. The local resident will want to make a big impact on the clay in this tournament - do you think he can win it? Seven-time champion Rafael Nadal is the man to beat, however. What do you think? Get in touch...
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|