No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KERBER 6-3 6-5 – BREAK! A double fault from Martic to go 15-30 down but she levels with a smash following a tasty serve. And now break point as the Croat goes long – and as she approaches the net following a baseline duel, Martic flicks it wide of the line and a vital break! Kerber serving for the match!
- - KERBER 6-3 5-5 - Martic's backhand helps her to deuce off Kerber's serve as she looks to break to win the second set and take it to a decider. But she pings a clever but overhit crosscourt forehand just wide and the German holds.
- - KERBER 6-3 4-4 - Martic shows great spirit and determination at the baseline as she bullies Kerber into a series of errors, and she breaks back.
- - KERBER 6-3 4-3 - Kerber is doing a decent job of defending that hold, pushed hard by Martic who has her at deuce at one point. She then applauds a fantastic shot from Martic, a clipped lob on the run that drops off the line. 30-30 on the Martic serve and she holds now.
- - KERBER 6-3 2-1 - Then a tight game which is brought to 30-30 by a superb rally that sees Martic dig out a fine volley after it had clipped the net; the Croat holds in the end but is a break down.
- - KERBER 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! The German has broken again after harrying the Croat off deuce. Great movement from deep. A swift hold to follow.
- - KERBER 6-3 - SET! The German holds comfortably to close out the first set in around 40 minutes.
- - KERBER 5-3 - BREAK! Kerber breaks to follow a comfortable hold and now she is serving for the first set. A sudden change in momentum.
- - KERBER 3-3 - A tense game now as Kerber earns break point after another double fault, some racquet abuse too from the Croat! She brings it back to deuce with a fine approach shot, but another super return gives Kerber break point! Saved with a cool crosscourt forehand from Martic. Ach but an unforced error, slicing into the net with Kerber scrambling, and it's break point no. 3. Fine serve though, Kerber netting for deuce. Finally she holds as Kerber fires long.
- - KERBER 2-2 - BREAK! Aggressive and determined retreiving play from Martic to pound her way 40-15 up and she has broken back at the first time of asking as Kerber goes long. Martin then holds and it's level again.
- - KERBER 2-0 - BREAK! An early boost for the German, who breaks off deuce as Martic shows inconsistency on her first serve.
- - KERBER 1-0 - The match between the 10th-seeded Kerber and Martic of Croatia is underway on Court Suzanne Lenglen, with the German starting with a hold.
|Date of Birth||18/01/1988|
|Date of Birth||19/01/1991|