No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - VENUS 2-6 3-6 - VENUS WILLIAMS IS OUT! What a performance from Radwanska, who wins through comfortably to secure her place in the third round, and the Pole in jubilant while Venus trudges off. Radwanska will next face Svetlana Kuznetsova. Is this the end for Venus? There is growing speculation that she may well call it a day. Drawsheet
- - VENUS 2-6 3-5 - BREAK! Venus breaks serve and further reduces the deficit, and surely she can't force her way back into this match, can she? Radwanska looks nervy all of a sudden.
- - VENUS 2-6 2-5 - Venus shows good application and determination to hold serve under pressure from her opponent, and now Radwanska can serve out for the match...
- - VENUS 2-6 1-5 - Radwanska is unwavering on her serve, and Williams cannot make any impact as she holds serve once more and moves to within a game of the match!
- - VENUS 2-6 1-4 - Venus holds serve, but the American still has an awful lot of work to do to simply get back on terms in this second set.
- - VENUS 2-6 0-4 - Radwanska again consolidates with a composed and comfortable service hold, and the Pole is utterly dominant in this match.
- - VENUS 2-6 0-3 - BREAK! Radwanska breaks for a second successive game, and she looks to be romping to victory in this match! Williams is simply not competitive from the back of the court today.
- - VENUS 2-6 0-2 - Radwanska consolidates her break of serve, and the Pole is cruising through this second set very comfortably. Venus needs to find a response and quickly.
- - VENUS 2-6 0-1 - BREAK! Radwanska gets off to a very solid start with a string of fine groundstrokes, and she assumes control with a break of serve at the start of the set!
- - VENUS 2-6 - SET! Radwanska takes the opening set in clinical fashion, and the Pole is cruising at this stage with Williams unable to compete with her opponent. Can she raise her intensity in the second set?
- - VENUS 2-5 - Venus gets on the board once more to reduce the deficit, but it's an unconvincing hold and she has to improve and quickly!
- - VENUS 1-5 - Williams is really struggling here and Radwanska is utterly ruthless and clinical as she moves to within a game of the opening set with a fine hold.
- - VENUS 1-4 - BREAK! Venus is committing a vast number of unforced errors, and that's 15 already as she plants a forehand wide of her opponent's backhand wing. She's really struggling.
- - VENUS 1-3 - Radwanska is unerring on her own serve and finds three big first deliveries, two of which leave Venus to plant her return into the net.
- - VENUS 1-2 - Williams gets on the board belatedly with a service hold, and the American is beginning to find a decent rhythm on her first delivery, with confidence that she will take into the next game.
- - VENUS 0-2 - Radwanska consolidates her break of serve with three first deliveries and she manages to keep Venus from responding immediately to falling a break down.
- - VENUS 0-1 - BREAK! Radwanska breaks serve from the outset, slamming two fierce forehand winners down the line to stun Williams, who starts the match extremely sluggishly!
- - The next match on Philippe Chatrier sees third seed Agnieszka Radwanksa take on Venus Williams - this should be an absolute cracker!
|Date of Birth||06/03/1989|
|Date of Birth||17/06/1980|