No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 7-5 6-4 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Benneteau was a break up late in this set but fell apart and Tipsy blasts his way to three match points with a power ace. Taken with a beautiful pass down the line, and the Serb next faces Nicolas Almagro. Men's draw.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 7-5 5-4 - BREAK! After holding Tipsy has another break as the host lets a lead slip on serve, blundering his way to a situation that sees the Serb serving for the match. The crowd silenced.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 7-5 3-4 - BREAK BACK! Tipsy has held so 2-4. The first point on Benneteau’s serve has to be replayed after a line error. Then he strikes one wide, although Tipsy repays the compliment. Now the Serb has two break points as the Frenchman underhits his smash, allowing Tipsy to drill a fine pass beyond him. We have a rally next and it’s cagey until both men elect to spread it and Benneteau nets! Unforced error and a break back!
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 7-5 1-4 - Ach but the Frenchman collapses on serve, double-faulting to break point.. but he aces to deuce. Bravo. And he holds, extending his lead and delighting the home fans.
- - TIPSAREVIC - 6-3 7-5 1-3 - BREAK!! Ooh la la, Benneteau finally gets the home fans excited as he earns two break points - almost taking them with a lovely cross-courter off the line! Called out but he challenges... correct! Le break!
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 7-5- SET! That was a vital break in the end as Tipsy serves out the second set with ease. Let's see if Benneteau can offer any resistance in the third.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 6-5 - BREAK! Some wonderful points from both men but Tipsy shows great class and pace to met a drop shot and a lob before smashing it away. He now has three break points but the first is lost after a fine serve; then he goes long, poor from Tipsy, and it's down to one break point. But the Serb takes the last one with a fine passed drive down the right and the break is his! Serving for the second set.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 4-4 - Benneteau is really pushing the Tipsy serve this time although the Serb hasn't helped himself with a cluster of unforced errors; he does manage to hold though with a pair of strong serves, the last of which sees the Frenchman make contact but net.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 3-3 - Three break points for Benneteau! Where has this come from? But a short serve from Tipsy, clever that was, catches him out and in a jiffy it’s deuce. Tipsy then wins one at the net but it’s advantage Benneteau again as he attacks a second serve with vigour. Another super return and Tipsy nets but no! It was called out! Ooh that was close. They trade off deuce for a couple of minute, all very scrappy, and eventually Tipsy holds having saved five break points.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-3 - SET! A powerful love hold with a couple of unreturnable serves chucked in and, with a fine pass wide, Tipsy has the first set.
- - TIPSAREVIC 4-2 - BREAK! Break point to Tipsy, can he take this chance? No, saved by a cute drop volley at net from Benneteau. Nice hands. But another break point as the Frenchman gets his angles wrong. And then he hits one wide and it’s the first break for Tipsy!
- - TIPSAREVIC 2-2 - Stayed with serve so far, although Benneteau has been made to work hard off his on a few occasions. This match is on Eurosport 2 by the way. And the Player. Sign up here!
- - TIPSAREVIC 1-0 This match starts off with a hold for the Serb, although there is a favourable challenge inspired by the French crowd oddly. Good sportsmanship from Benneteau too.
- - It's Tipsy time as everyone's second-favourite slightly mad Serb men's tennis star takes on Frenchman Julien Benneteau, a home favourite but up against a popular, crazy guy. They are warming up now.
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|
|Date of Birth||20/12/1981|