No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 6-0 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Nadal fires a backhand smash down the line to leave Istomin stretching rather painfully, and two fine first serves enable him to move serenely to 40-0. A huge serve outwide seals the win for a rampant Nadal! Next up for the six-time champion will be a third-round clash with either Eduardo Schwank or Florian Mayer. Drawsheet
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 5-0 - BREAK! Nadal will serve out for the match now as he seals his third successive break of serve and ensures that Istomin cannot force his way back into the set.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 4-0 - Nadal again consolidates his latest break of serve, and the Spaniard is managing to simply reel off game after game. Istomin, understandably, wants this match to be over.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! Nadal opens up a three-game lead at the start of this third set, and the world number two continues to romp away with this match. Istomin has a few fleeting chances, but Nadal is dominant.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 2-0 - Nadal consolidates his break of serve with a solid hold, and this match looks to be running away from Istomin very rapidly indeed.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic on Suzanne Lenglen as Nadal produces a brilliant onslaught from the back of the court, and poor Istomin is being comprehensively outplayed.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 - SET! This is incredible from Nadal, who is simply sweeping aside his opponent with consummate ease! Istomin is unable to get a foothold at all as he sees the second set taken away from him in convincing fashion.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! Nadal moves to within a game of the second set with another stunning break of serve, and poor Istomin is really struggling to get any kind of a foothold in this match.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - Nadal consolidates his break of serve with a very fine hold, and the Spaniard is running away with this second set now as Istomin struggles to get into it at all.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 - BREAK! Nadal stamps his authority on the match once more as he breaks serve, and the number two seed is really thriving now as Istomin is unable to live with his intensity. He wins one incredible rally and clenches his fist in delight!
- - NADAL 6-2 2-2 - Nadal is in irrepressible form as he slams a forehand down the line in emphatic fashion, and he follows it up with a series of fine first serves.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-2 - Istomin again manages to hold under enormous pressure from Nadal, and he finds the line with two fine serves on his way towards taking the game.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-1 - Nadal levels with ease, and the Spaniard is able to keep Istomin very subdued with three big serves. The second seed has a very good rhythm on serve.
- - NADAL 6-2 0-1 - Istomin holds at the start of the second set, and he will need to really raise his intensity now after a tough opening set against the incredibly focused Nadal.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! It's very comfortable for Nadal, who takes the opening set with ease to seize control of the match! Istomin is really struggling to exert any authority, and Nadal is coasting early on.
- - NADAL 5-2 - BREAK! Nadal is managing to destroy the Istomin serve now after gaining a sighter early on, and the Spaniard breaks again to move to within a game of the opening set!
- - NADAL 4-2 - Nadal restores his cushion in the opening set as he holds to 15, and Istomin manages to frustrate his opponent with a series of fine groundstrokes but the champion holds firm to hold.
- - NADAL 3-2 - Nadal takes his opponent to 30-30 with two crushing winners down the line on his forehand side, but Istomin holds after a big serve down the T and Nadal goes long with a forehand pass.
- - NADAL 3-1 - Nadal consolidates his break of serve with a composed hold, and the second seed is able to pin Istomin back behind the baseline with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes.
- - Don't forget, this match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521). You can also watch it on the Eurosport Player!
- - NADAL 2-1 - BREAK! Rafael Nadal breaks serve to stamp his authority on the match, and Istomin goes wide with a rather tame backhand down the line as the Spaniard takes control!
- - NADAL 1-1 - Nadal has no problems holding himself to get going, and the Spaniard purposefully strides over to take his position ready for the next game, eager to press on.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Istomin holds with real composure at the start of this match, and he finds three precise first serves to establish himself.
- - Second seed and six-time champion Rafael Nadal takes on Denis Istomin on Suzanne Lenglen and there is a real buzz of anticipation.
|Date of Birth||07/09/1986|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|