No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 6-0 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What an impressive victory for David Ferrer, who wins through to the quarter-finals of the French Open with a straight-sets win over compatriot Marcel Granollers, and he bagels his opponent in the final set! Next up for the sixth seed will be a clash with either Richard Gasquet or Andy Murray. Drawsheet
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 5-0 - BREAK! Ferrer breaks serve once more as he moves to within a game of victory, and the Spaniard is absolutely thriving with Granollers unable to find any response.
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 4-0 - Ferrer moves further ahead as Granollers struggles to even find a decent return as his opponent serves with consistency and power. This is one-way traffic now.
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! Ferrer is romping through this third set now as Granollers struggles to get any kind of rhythm on serve, and two unforced errors gift his compatriot the game.
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 2-0 - Ferrer again consolidates his break of serve, and the sixth seed is playing superbly now as he cruises towards a probable victory - can Granollers do anything in response?
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! David Ferrer takes control of the third set with a quite brilliant break of serve, and Granollers quickly falls behind as he is unable to hold serve!
- - FERRER 6-3 6-2 - SET! Ferrer closes out the second set in efficient fashion, and the sixth seed is in irrepressible form now as he takes complete control of this match. Granollers looks very despondent.
- - FERRER 6-3 5-2 - Granollers holds serve in determined fashion as he slams a backhand winner down the line, and he manages to whip a forehand cross court to close out the game.
- - FERRER 6-3 5-1 - Ferrer moves to within a game of the second set, and the Spaniard is really taking control now as he dominates from his forehand side. Can Granollers at least hold now?
- - FERRER 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! Granollers is really slipping away in this second set now and Ferrer is dominant as he drives a forehand down the line and clenches his fist after securing a second break!
- - FERRER 6-3 3-1 - Ferrer slams a forehand cross court and whips another past Granollers as he moves in court to attack the ball. The sixth seed holds once more.
- - FERRER 6-3 2-1 - Granollers gets on the board belatedly as he drills a forehand down the line to beat Ferrer's defences and he is desperate to get back into this set.
- - FERRER 6-3 2-0 - Ferrer consolidates his break of serve, and the sixth seed is battling extremely hard to confine Granollers to speculative shots behind the baseline as he controls the majority of ralies.
- - FERRER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Ferrer produces three brilliant points as he outwits Granollers with real precision and guile, and he breaks serve in clinical fashion to take control in the second set!
- - FERRER 6-3 - SET! Ferrer holds serve with consummate ease to close out the opening set, and he takes it 6-3 to ensure that he is able to stamp his mark on the match and assume the ascendancy. Granollers has done little wrong, but has been outclassed at times.
- - FERRER 5-3 - Granollers races to 40-15 with two stunning serves and a big forehand cross court, but Ferrer responds with a brilliant return and forehand down the line. The game goes to deuce, but the world number 23 pulls through to hold.
- - FERRER 5-2 - Ferrer consolidates his break of serve with a string of big serves, and Granollers is confined to a speculative forehand winner as he fails to respond.
- - FERRER 4-2 - BREAK! Ferrer stamps his authority on proceedings with a ruthless break, and the Spaniard takes the game to deuce with a series of fine returns before slamming a forehand down the line to break!
- - FERRER 3-2 - Ferrer is dominant on serve as he finds four precise deliveries to keep Granollers stretching back behind the baseline. It's tough going for the 20th seed.
- - FERRER 2-2 - Granollers looks very composed as he holds serve with a series of fine groundstrokes to back up a consistent serve. It's very finely poised.
- - FERRER 2-1 - Ferrer moves in front once more with a firm volley down the line, and the Spaniard is thriving as he looks to pile the pressure back on Granollers.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Granollers levels at 1-1 after a seemingly interminable deuce, and this pair are engaging in very extended rallies - it's gruelling stuff early on.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Ferrer gets off to a solid start in this opening set, and the Spaniard finds three fine first serves to pull through from 40-15.
- - Ferrer holds a formidable 3-0 head-to-head record over Granollers, with wins at Miami, Valencia and Barcelona.
- - Welcome to LIVE coverage of the French Open at Roland Garros as sixth seed David Ferrer takes on Marcel Granollers in the fourth round of the French Open with Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray in action later.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||12/04/1986|