No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 6-0 6-0 - MATCH! Two bagels for Gasquet round off that incredible performance to seal his movement into the last 16. Two amazing sets by the Frenchman, who next faces Andy Murray, who will hope he is not as classy as he was today. Men's draw.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 6-0 5-0 - BREAK! Sigh. If Gasquet can play like this for a whole match, let alone a tournament, he'd be a top-five player. Is it in his head, his fragile body, or both? Anyway, he's rinsing the German now and should be done by 6pm local time.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 3-0 - Gasquet has a break point again but he somehow loses a rally that is won by a crisp winner down the line by a very wide Haas. Nice shot.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 6-0 2-0 - BREAK! Gasquet is very much in charge now as he holds, breaks and takes the first two points on serve...
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 6-0 - SET! Wow, a bagel set that he takes with a Haas double-fault at two set points down. This is what Gasquet can do when focused and fit.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 4-0 - BREAK! Gasquet continues to impress by taking the break point with a lovely backhand down the line that he did well to even make. This is cracking stuff now from the Frenchman, who gets an ovation.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! Gasquet continues his resurgent form with a break to follow his initial hold as Haas backhand slices to net.
- - GASQUET 6-7 6-3 - SET! Gasquet has a break point thanks to a cute backhand, a break point that is also a set point. He loses that but earns another in similar circumstances. Back to deuce though as he fluffs his return, kicking air in frustration. But a double fault and it's set point again! First serve is wide and the second too! Double fault and the set to Gasquet!
- - GASQUET 6-7 4-2 - BREAK! Gasquet delights the home crowd by finally breaking Haas.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) - SET! Gasquet eats one of the set points back but Haas is now on serve and he eases to it with a fine serve! The 34-year-old takes the opening set on a tie-break.
- - GASQUET 6-6 (2-5) - Haas has some fun with Gasquet's forehand and the Frenchman duly obliges with some nervy shots - then a double fault and it's four set points!!
- - GASQUET 6-6 This set goes to a tiebreak. We'll check in when set point is raised.
- - GASQUET 3-2 – BREAK! Gasquet breaks back though before holding and it's even-stevens again.
- - GASQUET 1-2 – BREAK! Haas has broken Gasquet surprisingly and to the home fans’ collective chagrin.
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|