|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Nadal clinches a comprehensive victory over Davydenko, winning through in straight sets with consummate ease and serving out in convicing fashion. Next up for the second seed will be a third-round match with either compatriot Verdasco or Falla as he stretches his record to 11-0 on clay this year. Drawsheet
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! The world number two is thriving in this second set as he breaks again to move to within a game of sealing victory! Surely it is over for Davydenko now.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - Nadal moves unerring towards a comfortable victory as he pounds two emphatic forehand winners down the line. Davydenko fails to make any real impact.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 - Davydenko battles through another solid game as he holds serve after deuce, and there are no easy points for the Russian as he struggles to remain just a break down in this second set.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-1 - Nadal has few problems in restoring his cushion in this second set as he bludgeons a forehand down the line to back up a fine serve, and Davydenko is trying everything to no avail.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 - Davydenko manages to hold serve at the second time of asking as he slams a forehand down the line and clenches his fist in relief to get on the board after another gruelling game on his delivery.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-0 - It's easy going for Nadal as he obliterates a poor mid-court return from Davydenko, drilling it down the line for a clean winner. The Russian is struggling to match his opponent's intensity, and this could be very convincing.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! What a start for Nadal in this second set as he breaks serve immediately with a barrage of powerful groundstrokes, and Davydenko cannot resist his opponent after an extended deuce.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! What a way to close out the opening set: Nadal fires a blistering ace down the T to beat Davydenko all ends up! The Spaniard takes the opening set with consummate ease, and two breaks of serve ensure a comfortable result.
- - NADAL 5-2 - Davydenko deserves real credit as he battles through a tough game to hold serve, and he at least ensures that Nadal has to serve out for this opening set on Manolo Santana.
- - NADAL 5-1 - Nadal is forced to deuce once more as Davydenko outlasts his opponent on two lengthy rallies, but the world number two shows his class with a fierce forehand winner, and a first serve down the T.
- - NADAL 4-1 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic now as Nadal breaks for the second successive game, and the home favourite is thrilling the crowd with a series of breathtaking groundstrokes. Davydenko is being comprehensively outclassed.
- - NADAL 3-1 - Nadal consolidates his break of serve as he stretches his lead in this opening set, and the world number two is cruising now. Davydenko needs to find a response.
- - NADAL 2-1 - BREAK! Nadal stamps his authority on proceedings with a stunning backhand winner down the line, and the Spaniard is thriving now! Davydenko is furious with himself for letting it slip.
- - NADAL 1-1 - Nadal slams a forehand down the line at deuce, and he holds serve to level at 1-1 as Davydenko goes long with a backhand down the line. It's slow going, and each game is taking seven to eight minutes so far.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Davydenko gets on the board from the outset, but it's a very tough hold for the Russian as he is forced to come through deuce with Nadal applying real pressure. Davydenko eventually holds with the relief palpable.
- - But former world number three Davydenko has been one of his toughest opponents over the years, the Russian leading their head-to-head, 6-4, and winning their last four meetings. He is one of only two players ever to beat Nadal four times in a row, alongside Novak Djokovic.
- - Nadal is a perfect 10-0 on clay this year (and 20-0 in sets) and if you look back since leaving Madrid last year, he is 21-0 on clay (and 53-4 in sets).
- - The next match up on the Manolo Santana court sees world number two and clay court king Rafael Nadal - the home favourite - take on Nikolay Davydenko.
|Date of Birth||02/06/1981|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|