|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SIMON 6-7 3-3 - Tipsarevic holds to 15 in the sxith. That's now 18 games to service in this match.
- - SIMON 6-7 3-2 - Almost a breakthrough for Tipsarevic, but his break point is cut out by the forehand of Simon, who goes onto take the deuce battle from the next advantage point.
- SIMON 6-7 2-2 - Tipsarevic serves to 15 to keep this last-16 contest extremely tight.
- - SIMON 6-7 2-1 - The Frenchman is made to work in game three, but he holds to 30 as we still await the first break game of the match.
- - SIMON 6-7 1-1 - Tipsarevic bounces back with his own squeaky-clean service game.
- - SIMON 6-7 1-0 - Simon takes the first game of the second set without reply, much as he had for the majority of his serve in the opening set.
- - After Janko gets his leg taped up and the umpire oversees some work on the clay court, we are finally back underway.
- - Going to be delayed before the start of the second set as Tipsarevic takes a medical break and receives some treatment on his right leg.
- - SIMON 6-7 - SET! - Tipsarevic races into a four-point advantage and doesn't look back, eventually taking the tie-break 7-3. Simon understandably looks incredibly frustrated after serving so well throughout the set.
- - SIMON 6-6 - Simon holds off a mini-revival by Tipsarevic, who claws back to 40-30 with some solid forehand returns, to send us to a tie-break.
- - SIMON 5-6 - A protracted back-and-forth battle from deuce sees Tipsarevic eventually hold his serve.
- - SIMON 5-5 - The first point for Tipsarevic against serve finally comes, but it doesn't prevent him from going down game-15 as we remain dead set after ten.
- - SIMON 4-5 - Tipsarevic replies with his third hold to love in five, and though it hasn't looked likely at all thus far, a break in the next game will put the Serb in the driver's seat with the first set to his name.
- - SIMON 4-4 -Simon's run of service points runs to 16 from 16 as he takes his fourth love service game.
- - SIMON 3-4 - Tipsarevic again has to dig deep to hold serve, but he does so from 30-30.
- - SIMON 3-3 - The 9th seed continues his own spotless record in serve with his third love hold in three.
- - SIMON 2-3 - The trend is halted by Simon, who takes two points off Tipsarevic only to succumb to a pair of aces as the Serb holds to 30.
- - SIMON 2-2 - Make that four games. Not for the want of trying, however - Tipsarevic unleashed some great forehands only for Simon to reply in kind, wrapping it up with an ace.
- - SIMON 1-2 - Three games in, and not a single point against serve. Tipsarevic again exploits the conditions to hold and hold well.
- - SIMON 1-1 - Good stuff from Simon to respond with love-service of his own, but the previous matches here on this court combined with early evidence in the opening two games suggest breaking serve will not be easy in these conditions.
- - SIMON 0-1 - The Frenchman skids and slides over the controversial court as Tipsarevic utilises his serve perfectly, holding to love.
- - And Simon/Tipsarevic get their contest started.
- - Our final third round contest to get underway, between Gilles Simon and Janko Tipsarevic, will be off and running shortly. Both players are now out on court for the coin toss.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|