|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 6-4 - MATCH - Djokovic returns to his comfortable serving best to finally see off the Swiss player, only dropping the one point to a deft forehand at 40-15 before wrapping up the straight sets win in Madrid.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 5-4 - And after another game heads to deuce, Wawrinka evades two match points to move within one in the second set. Djokovic will serve a second time for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 5-3 - BREAK! - Wawrinka is kicking and flailing after all. He breaks the Serb's serve finally from deuce and we're not over just yet. Remember that Nadal was 5-2 up earlier in his third set...
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 5-2 - BREAK! - It looks like the Swiss number two's reserve is finally fading. He's broken again by Djokovic, who will now serve for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 4-2 - But it's business as usual for Djokovic with another love service game - his third in a row - to remain ahead in the second set, a set Wawrinka needs to win.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 3-2 - Wawrinka stops the rot en route to a game-15.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 3-1 - Another love-service and that is twelve points for Djok without reply as he starts to turn the screw.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 2-1 - BREAK! And the first break game of the contest finally comes, and it's a clean sweep at that. After seven failed efforts at a break point, Novak makes the first of a triple break point count.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 1-1 - The top seed replies with a love-service performance. Some excellent forehand responses had Wawrinka chasing shadows there.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 0-1 - Novak takes a tumble en route to dropping the first game of the second set, but looks to be okay to continue.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6 - SET! - And as the set passes the hour mark, Djokovic finally claims the first set after a dramatic tie-break. Even at 3-3 as they switched sides, Wawrinka battled to 5-5 before Novak finally found an advantage at the perfect time for a 7-5 tie-break win.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 - Tie-break beckons as Wawrinka again stretches Djokovic to deuce before claiming his first advantage.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-5 - Wawrinka is creating openings from rallies here, but though it earns him two points in the 11th game Novak is nonetheless able to hold his serve to 30. Once again, he can break for the set - though with five chances the last time he was still unable to seal the deal.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-5 - That should have been the set for Novak, but a triple set point is recovered by a resilient Wawrinka before he then survives two additional set points from deuce and takes his own second advantage for 5-5. Gripping stuff.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Djok holds to 30 and could be one game away from taking the opening set, but will need to find a way through Wawrinka's powerful serve for the first time to do so.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - Stanislas continues to carry his end in service and holds to 15. Will he be able to break serve before the reigning champion does, is the big question he faces.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Despite netting his first of three game points, Novak soon wraps up another hold of serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Wawrinka wins an opening rally en route to a love-service in the sixth.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - The Serb makes his third ace en route to taking his third game as he holds serve once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - More of the Novak returns we've come to know in the fourth game, but Wawrinka holds once more with the first advantage from deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Another confident hold from Djokovic and another love-service for 2-1.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Wawrinka settles into serve himself with game-15, cooking up deliveries which for the most part are too strong for Novak to return.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The top seed wastes little time in his first service game, holding to love.
- - And the defending champion is underway in his third round encounter with Wawrinka.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|