|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Tipsarevic will be Lu Yen-Hsun. Full men's drawsheet
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 7-6(2) - GAME, SET & MATCH - The first goes begging after a slip in concentration from the Serb sees him put a regulation forehand into the net. But he quickly makes amends and wraps up the match at the second attempt to book his place in the third round
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 6-6(6-1) - TIE-BREAK - A completely mis-hit forehand from Sweeting sails long to hand Tipsarevic five match points ...
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 6-6(5-1) - TIE-BREAK - A great start to the breaker from Tipso as he races out to a 3-0 lead before Sweeting gets on the board with a cracking sliced backhand that the Serb can only send wide across court in return. A low forehand into the net from Sweeting on the next point though sees Tipso extend his lead before grabbing another point when Sweeting hits a retreating forehand into the net
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 6-6 - Sure enough Tipsarevic does hold with ease to force the breaker, Sweeting sending a forehand long and wide as the Serb takes the game to 15
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 5-6 - A double fault does not help Sweeting's cause but a wicked side-slice on forehand volley, which Tipsarevic mis-judges, sees him set up a game point before he holds with a forehand winner across court. Tipso will have to serve to stay in this set for a second time. Can he force the tie-break?
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 5-5 - Tipso rattles a backhand passing shot down the line with plenty of margin for error to earn himself two game points before holding at the first attempt with a forehand winner down the line
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 4-5 - A forehand into the net followed by a forehand just marginally long from Tipso helps Sweeting set up two game points. Tipsarevic denies him on the first with a forehand down the line that Sweeting can only volley wide. But Sweeting does hold at the second when Tipso fires an off-forehand wide across court. The Serb will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 4-4 - Tipsarevic slaps down a double fault and then fails to move his feet on the baseline as he sends a cross court backhand wide to hand Sweeting two break points. He saves the first with an ace and the second goes begging when the American hits wide. And Tipso goes on to hold with another ace and level up, much to the disgust of Sweeting when throws his racquet to to floor
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 3-4 - Sweeting gets his feet in a tangle and sends what should be a regulation backhand into the top of the net to allow Tipsarevic a chance at 15-30. An ace slams the door shut before a change-of-direction forehand down the line goes wide from the Serb to gift Sweeting a game point. And the American goes on to hold, albeit not at the first attempt, to move out in front once again
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 3-3 - A comfortable hold to 30 from Tipsarevic as he works his way up the court to a shorter ball to dispatch an inside-out forehand winner across court
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 2-3 - A third ace from Sweeting sees the American hold to 15 to sneak out in front in this second set once again. He's certainly doing a better job of taking his chances in this set although it has also coincided with a slight dip in form from Tipsarevic
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 2-2 - Tipseravic levels up once again, sealing a love service hold with an unreturnable serve out wide
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 1-2 - Sweeting squanders a first game point with a forehand well long of the baseline before Tipsarevic denies him on the second with a forehand passing shot winner down the line. But Sweeting earns himself a second third game point and goes on to hold when Tipsarevic slips on the baseline
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 1-1 - Sweeting earns himself a break point but cannot take advantage of it as he slaps a forehand into the net and Tipsarevic goes on to hold with a forehand winner. This is now the final singles match of the day, since that Nalbandian-Bemelmans clash ended, although there are still quite a number of doubles matches taking place
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 0-1 - A love game from Sweeting to open the second set, the American battering down an ace to seal it. He has started the second game a lot better than he did the first
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-1 - SET - No problems from Tipsarevic as he eases through a love service hold to seal the first set in less than 30 minutes. After a slow opening couple of games, this match is racing by!
- - TIPSAREVIC 5-1 - A big cheer from the crowd as well as a raised fist from Sweeting as he holds to love for his first game of the match when Tipso fails to put his return in play. Tipso will serve for the opening set next though
- - TIPSAREVIC 5-0 - An ace out wide from Tipsarevic brings up two game points. He squanders the first with a super-casual forehand volley, which drops short into the net, but does cement the double break when Sweeting sends a return flying long. There's just 22 minutes on the clock and the American will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - TIPSAREVIC 4-0 - BREAK - Sweeting fails to take advantage of a game point as Tipso levels at deuce before the Serb goes on to earn himself another break point with a fantastic running backhand passing shot winner down the line, picking the ball up off his shoelaces. His cross court forehand goes wide but he gets a second chance and this time he does secure the double break when Sweeting hits into the net
- - TIPSAREVIC 3-0 - Tipso is just too good for Sweeting so far this evening as the American fails to find the court with another return, helping his opponent post a solid enough hold to 30 to consolidate his early break
- - TIPSAREVIC 2-0 - BREAK - It takes a while but Tipsarevic breaks in just the second game of the match, Sweeting sending a rushed shot sailing into the hoardings at the back of the court. Just two games completed in this match and we are already 10 minutes in, compared to the six games that had been completed inside 15 minutes between Roddick and Roger-Vasselin earlier today!
- - TIPSAREVIC 1-0 - A solid start from Tipso as he holds with ease, having been put in to serve after Sweeting won the toss and opted to receive first
- - Tipsarevic and Sweeting have faced each other twice before with the Serb coming out on top in both of those clashes. Sweeting took a set of Tipso the first time they played, back at the US Open in 2007, but the Serb then won in straight sets in Memphis last year
- - Coming up next on the main court is the last of the singles matches - between Serbian third seed Janko Tipsarevic and American lucky loser Ryan Sweeting
|Date of Birth||14/07/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|