|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WATSON 6-2 6-1 - WATSON WINS THROUGH! What a victory for Heather Watson, who wins through to the second round in very impressive fashion, and the Centre Court stand to salute the Brit as she disposes of Benesova with a quite brilliant display! She will next face either Jamie Hampton or Daniela Hantuchova in the second round. Drawsheet
- - WATSON 6-2 5-1 - BREAK! Watson breaks serve with her ninth break point after 12 deuces, and it's a truly epic game as the Brit comes through to move to within a game of victory! The crowd are loving this on Centre Court, and Watson is thriving! Can she serve out now?
- - WATSON 6-2 4-1 - Watson is a bundle of energy as she sprints from her chair to her position, before holding serve to restore her three-game cushion in this second set. Can Benesova now hold once more?
- - WATSON 6-2 3-1 - Benesova belatedly gets on the board in this second set as Watson puts her under tremendous pressure again, but this time cannot quite force the break. Watson is playing some inspired tennis.
- - WATSON 6-2 3-0 - Watson has no problem consolidating her break of serve, and she is the model of composure out on Centre Court as she leaves Benesova with no chance of hitting back.
- - WATSON 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! This is brilliant play from Watson, who is managing to keep Benesova pegged firmly back behind the baseline, and she breaks serve to seize control at the start of this second set!
- - WATSON 6-2 1-0 - Watson gets off to a fine start in this second set, holding serve with the utmost ease and ensuring that he establishes himself. The Brit is thriving on Centre Court.
- - WATSON 6-2 - SET! What a set from Watson, who assumes control of the match with a very fine display from the back of the court. The Brit is really thriving as she breaks for a second time, and she is brimming with confidence now!
- - WATSON 5-2 - Watson moves to within a game of the opening set as she thunders a forehand down the line to back up her consistent serve, and she has found a very good rhythm on her first delivery.
- - WATSON 4-2 - Benesova reduces the deficit with a ferocious forehand down the line, and the Czech is attempting to force her way back into this match with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes.
- - WATSON 4-1 - Watson consolidates her break of serve as she moves towards taking this opening set, and the onus is now firmly on Benesova to produce a swift response.
- - WATSON 3-1 - BREAK! What a tremendous start for Watson as she hammers a backhand winner down the line and beats Benesova's defences with two more big groundstrokes to break serve!
- - WATSON 2-1 - Watson keeps her nose in front at the start of this first set as she slams a forehand down the line and drills two big serves outwide. She is battling very hard indeed.
- - WATSON 1-1 - Benesova gets on the board with a determined hold, and the Czech finds two big forehands to close out the hold very comfortably with Watson left behind the baseline.
- - WATSON 1-0 - Watson starts very confidently as she holds to 15, and the Brit is bouncing around very excitedly on court as she battles through her first service game.
- - Britain's Heather Watson is in action against Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic on Centre Court as the final match is scheduled for day one.
|Date of Birth||01/02/1983|
|Date of Birth||19/05/1992|