|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Watson after her win: "(When told she was the first British women to make the third round since Baltacha in 2002) I didn't know that! I knew I had to come at her from the start and not give anything away, and I don't think Jamie was at her best in the first set. The second was tougher but I had to stay calm and focused. The crowd give you so much support and I did it for them."
- - WATSON 6-1 6-4 GAME SET AND MATCH WATSON! The Briton is in the third round at Wimbledon. Watson serving to stay in the match and she races 30-0 up, having found her serving composure. She thinks she's aced the next one but out, and Hampton brings one back with a dipping forehand winner. And double match point for Watson as Hampton balloons one long! But a double fault! She does it on the next point though as Hampton nets a forehand! Radwanska (A) or Vesnina next for her! Women's draw
- - WATSON 6-1 5-4 Great point from Hampton as she kills a super drop shot to move 30-15 up. She's serving to stay at Wimbledon... But a double fault, her sixth, puts it at deuce. Watson with some great retrieving and Hampton slips, meaning Watson beats her with a backhand and it's match point! Hampton is hurt. But she saves that match point as Watson goes long. And, despite that painful fall, the American holds with an inside-out backhand and a serve volley.
- - WATSON 6-1 5-3 A 24-shot rally, the longest and most accurate of the match, is won by Hampton with a lovely two-handed drive into the corner. Break point number four... Saved as Watson dictates the next point from deep, Hampton spooning it wide. A good serve once more, Hampton returning low to net, and Watson finally holds serve as a loose return flies long. Watson one game from the third round.
- - WATSON 6-1 4-3 Unfortunately the inability to hold serve is a problem in the women's game, and we're seeing it here as a triple break point comes up for Hampton. Watson's first serve was called out - and Hawkeye shows it was indeed wide. The second serve is quick and into the body, Hampton netting, but still two break points. Down to one as she bosses the next point after a change in direction on her second serve. And Watson pumps her fist as she takes it to deuce.
- - WATSON 6-1 4-3 BREAK! Great shot on the run from Watson, a backhand from the baseline after she should have been caught by a lob. Her retrieving is one of her key strengths, and a fine get gives her two more break points! Taken as a poor volley from Hampton goes straight to net! That backhand slice was dreadful, no pressure and Watson was stranded. But can the Briton hold serve?
- - WATSON 6-1 3-3 BREAK Well this set is proving to be a bit of a first-serve blowout as neither girl is able to release the ball with any conviction. Weak and sluggish from Watson as she is broken back again.
- - WATSON 6-1 3-2 BREAK No harm no foul, as Watson breaks right back to regain her advantage in the second set. Poor mistake by the American too, an unforced error to let herself get broken to 15.
- - WATSON 6-1 2-2 BREAK! Hampton has two break points, she went 30-15 up with a fine volley at the net after a pretty inventive drop shot from Watson. And she takes them as, after a decent return, Watson spanks it long. Is Watson about to blow this?
- - WATSON 6-1 2-1 Hampton gets off the mark in the second set with a reasonably straightforward hold, a couple of sloppy shots from Watson but nothing to worry about.
- - WATSON 6-1 2-0 Watson holds to 30 as Hampton gifts her the game having fought back to within striking distance, going long.
- - WATSON 6-1 1-0 BREAK! A double fault by Hampton puts them back to deuce for a second time in this first service game for the American in the second set. And a great pass by Watson draws Hampton to the net, super volley from her but Watson responds with a savage forehand that the American nets. Break point, but saved with a fine first serve. But a wicked pass from Watson gives her break point again! Taken as Hampton goes wide with a forehand!
- - WATSON 6-1 - SET! The Channel Islander spurns two set points but takes the opening stanza in 28 minutes as Hampton hits a forehand long.
- - WATSON 5-1 - Hampton belatedly off the mark against Watson whose success on Monday was the first win by a British woman on Centre Court since a Jo Durie victory in 1985.
- - WATSON 5-0 - Watson earned high praise for defeating Czech world number 52 Iveta Benesova 6-2 6-1 on Centre Court on Monday and after her first double fault and a failed drop shot is taken to deuce but Hampton hits a forehand wide and she holds.
- - WATSON 4-0 - BREAK. Back-to-back double faults from Hampton see her go 15-40 down but the American, conqueror of 27th seed Daniela Hantuchova in round one, saves three break points before the Brit crunches a return down the line for her second break.
- - WATSON 3-0 - Eight minutes played and the 20-year-old from Guernsey is three games to the good, holding to 15.
- - WATSON 2-0 - BREAK. Watson, who was schooled at the Florida tennis production line that is the Nick Bollettieri Academy, has started superbly. She was 30-40 down but wins three points in a row for an instant break.
- - WATSON 1-0 - Confident start from Britain's Heather Watson who holds to love.
- - First up on day three out on court 2 is British girl Heather Watson who will be confident of reaching the third round against an American, Jamie Lee Hampton, who stands only three places higher at 100 in the world rankings.
|Date of Birth||19/05/1992|
|Date of Birth||08/01/1990|