No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 6-1 - MURRAY WINS THROUGH! What a victory for Andy Murray, who clinches a brilliant four-set win over Marcos Baghdatis under the roof on Centre Court, and the crowd go wild as he celebrates! What drama, and the organisers will be as relieved as anyone that it is all over at 23:02! Murray's opponent in the fourth round will be Marin Cilic. Drawsheet
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 5-1 - BREAK! Murray forces two break points and strikes with the first as Baghdatis goes long with a forehand - what drama! Murray will now cram in a service game, and he can surely serve out for the match with all eyes on the organisers who are hovering around the court!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 4-1 - Murray stretches his lead in this fourth set with a solid hold, and the number four seed is closing in on victory with the 11pm curfew creeping up on us fast! What will the organisers do about this? The crowd are willing both players on to hurry up but it's very tense indeed. Why should Baghdatis rush?
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 3-1 - Baghdatis gets on the board in this fourth set with a stubborn hold, and he does superbly to find the line with a backhand as Murray looks to pile on the pressure from the back of the court. Can he now test Murray on return?
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 3-0 - It's a very timely love game for Murray as he pounds three big serves down the T, and Baghdatis is flagging badly now. Murray is racing towards the finish line, but we are hearing that the organisers would still take the players off at 11pm. Controversial. Still, Murray is giving it everything and the crowd are loving it.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 2-0 - BREAK! It's another endless game as Murray and Baghdatis exchange blows from the back of the court, and an extended deuce sees some incredible shots from both players. Murray eventually breaks after countless missed opportunities, but he now has the crucial breakthrough! Can he build on this now?
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 1-0 - Murray holds serve at the start of the fourth set, and he is carrying his momentum on after clinching the third set in such dramatic fashion. He will now attack the Baghdatis serve, and the Cypriot knows that an early hold is key.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 7-5 - SET! What a finale to the set as Murray breaks at the death with a stunning backhand pass down the line to close it out! Baghdatis chips the ball to the back of the court and charges in to the net, but he is passed brilliantly and Murray now has the momentum and a 2-1 lead in this match!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 6-5 - Murray is again forced to save a break point as he fires a forehand down the line and manages to hold serve under immense pressure from Baghdatis. He leads 6-5 and can have another crack at breaking his opponent at the end of the set now! The crowd are roaring Murray on.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 5-5 - Murray forces his way into the game to level at 30-30 with a blistering forehand down the line, but he proceeds to plant a tame backhand into the net. Baghdatis goes wide with a forehand as the game goes to deuce, but he comes through with a smash to close it out in style as Murray wastes a review. It's 5-5 and extremely tense!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 5-4 - Murray does superbly to retrieve a drop shot from Baghdatis and flick it down the line, and he storms to 40-0 with two big serves. He closes out the game to love, and Baghdatis is unable to get a foothold as he goes wide with two returns. Murray is thriving now and can attack his opponent's serve at the business end of the set!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 4-4 - BREAK! Murray refuses to be dictated to in this game as he slams a forehand return past Baghdatis, then outwits his opponent with a sliced backhand down the line. He forces two break points, with Baghdatis saving the first with a sublime drop shot, but Murray breaks as his opponent attempts another drop shot which ends up at the bottom of the net!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 3-4 - Murray reduces the deficit with a gutsy hold, and he finds the line with a forehand to back up his first serve. The number four seed still has a lot of work to do, and he will surely attack Baghdatis's serve now.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 2-4 - Baghdatis opens up a commanding lead in this third set as he consolidates his break of serve, and Murray is not able to break back despite forcing the game to 30-30 and applying real pressure.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 2-3 - BREAK! Baghdatis forces three break points with a string of brilliant returns, but Murray saves the first with a big serve at the body. Baghdatis breaks with the second, however, and a big forehand returns secures the advantage for the Cypriot - what a game from him! Murray now has to respond.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 2-2 - Baghdatis has to fend off two break points as Murray piles on the pressure, but the Cypriot does superbly to come through, producing an ace down the T and another big first serve to force Murray to plant a forehand wide. It's 2-2 in a very tense third set. /// @DaveyCC reckons Murray will take this set 6-4 with a break next game. How do you see this third set developing?
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 2-1 - Murray hammers a forehand down the line before stepping in court and lashing a mishit half volley from Baghdatis cross court for a winner! Murray holds to lead 2-1 in this third set, and the crowd are giving it everything on Centre Court!
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 1-1 - Baghdatis is very fired up for this third set and is raring to go as he fires two brilliant first serves down the T. He holds to level at 1-1 as both players settle back into their rhythm on Centre Court after the delay.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 1-0 - After 36 minutes off court, Murray hits three huge serves to secure a very comfortable hold at the start of this third set. It's a superb start from the fourth seed, and now Baghdatis must settle down just as effectively.
- - Murray has black tape on his left knee, but he appears to be moving freely as he warms up. Baghdatis still has a very broad grin on his face as he relishes this stage!
- - Just to clarify, there is an 11pm curfew which Wimbledon adhere to. Tomorrow is a rest day at Wimbledon, so there is every chance that this match will have to continue on Monday if it cannot be concluded this evening.
- - The roof is now closed! The players are coming back onto Centre Court, and there is a frenzied atmosphere with the match set to get back underway. There is an enormous queue of people poised to take seats as others leave Centre Court and it is quite a sight.
- - The roof will now be closed on Centre Court, so we will have a delay as that happens. The break is perhaps good for Murray, who was really losing his head with a series of falls and missed opportunities. How do you see this match going from this point onwards? Get in touch...
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-6 - SET! Baghdatis takes the second set and Murray is incredibly frustrated as he plants two returns into the net to sum up his fortunes since taking the opener. Baghdatis deserves huge credit for his response to falling a set down, and this match is very finely poised.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-5 - Murray holds to reduce the deficit in this second set, but Baghdatis only has to serve out for it now with the number four seed desperate to regain control of this match but unable to find any rhythm.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-5 - Baghdatis consolidates his break of serve, and he moves to within a game of taking the second set as Murray continues to struggle with his footing, twice slipping over on the grass. Baghdatis is buoyant now. /// @Sbadnose has got in touch on Twitter to say that Murray looks like he could be joining Nadal in leaving the tournament. What do others think?
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-4 - BREAK! Murray is broken for a second successive game as Baghdatis seizes control once more, and the Cypriot clenches his fist in delight as he relishes the moment! Murray is cutting a hugely despondent figure now. Can he respond straight away?
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-3 - Murray is hugely frustrated with himself after squandering numerous opportunities to break back once more, and Baghdatis comes through an epic game after saving a host of break points!
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-2 - BREAK! Murray twice loses his footing and tumbles over as Baghdatis puts him under real pressure, and he sloppily double faults to give his opponent an immediate break back! Murray is hugely frustrated, as he should be.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-1 - BREAK! Murray breaks from deuce after Baghdatis saves two break points with real determination and resolve, but the fourth seed has too much for him with a crunching forehand down the line inflicting further damage. He has the early break in this second set.
- - MURRAY 7-5 1-1 - Murray moves to 30-15 with two big first serves, but a poor backhand slice into the net lets Baghdatis back in at 30-30. A superb forehand gives Murray 40-30 and he closes out the hold with a big serve to his opponent's body.
- - MURRAY 7-5 0-1 - Baghdatis comfortably takes the opening game of the second set with three very fine first serves as Murray is not able to get a foothold. Can Murray establish himself in the set with a hold too?
- - What is your prediction for this match - will Murray win in straight sets or will Baghdatis battle back? Also, who do you think will win Wimbledon this year? Get in touch with your thoughts on Twitter!
- - MURRAY 7-5 - SET! Murray closes out the opening set very efficiently, and finds two big forehands to back up his serve. He takes the set with his first ace of the match, and the Centre Court crowd are delighted.
- - MURRAY 6-5 - BREAK! Murray takes the game to deuce with a series of fine rallies from the back of the court, before the Brit slams a backhand down the line to force the advantage, only to go long with a backhand return! But Murray does break with a fine forehand down the line, and Baghdatis goes wide with a forehand!
- - MURRAY 5-5 - Baghdatis plays two very sloppy backhands which he slices into the net as Murray serves to his body, and the fourth seed comes through to hold and level at 5-5. This set is very finely poised.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - A brilliant volley from Baghdatis gives him the advantage after a cagey game goes to deuce, and the atmosphere is increasingly tense as this set develops. Baghdatis goes long with a rash forehand, but recovers to hold.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Murray serves with new balls, but Baghdatis quickly moves to 15-40, forcing two break points! Murray saves the first with an audacious drop shot, and a crucial Hawkeye review assisted him in taking the game to deuce. Murray comes through after deuce to hold, and that's a huge save!
- - MURRAY 3-4 - Baghdatis whips a forehand down the line with superb technique as he takes control of the game, and the Cypriot closes it out with a huge forehand down the line. He is playing very well early on.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Murray levels at 3-3 as the fourth seed holds his composure from 30-30 and finds the line with an exquisite forehand. Baghdatis is full of energy and perseverance, but he cannot force a break.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Murray hammers a fierce backhand return cross court, but it hits the net and lands out as Baghdatis goes on to hold serve once more. Both players are superb returners, and are applying real pressure on each other's serves.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray races to 40-15 before planting a forehand into the net as he looks to close out the game, then chasing down a drop shot but failing to whip it in court. But he comes through deuce to close out the game with Baghdatis going wide with a forehand.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Baghdatis battles through a tough hold, but he does so to 30 as Murray slices a backhand into the net and goes long with a forehand. The Cypriot leads 2-1 and will look to attack Murray's serve now.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray plants a backhand slice into the net, but he responds with a couple of big serves and a brilliant forehand cross court to take the game and hold. Both players are on the board.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Baghdatis is let off the hook as Murray plants two successive forehands into the net from 15-30, and the Cypriot is extremely relieved to come through the opening game with a hold.
- - The sun is shining as the players finish their warm-ups, and we are ready to go. There is a carnival atmosphere on Centre Court with many having consumed a lot of Pimms over the course of a long day. We are all set...
- - Murray and Baghdatis have a 3-3 head-to-head record, with the Cypriot winning their one previous encounter at Wimbledon in straight sets back in 2006.
- - The next match on Centre Court sees Britain's Andy Murray - the fourth seed - take on Marcos Baghdatis in their third-round match - the crowd are buzzing in anticipation!
|Date of Birth||17/06/1985|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|