No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 6-4 - MATCH! - Djokovic has to survive three break points from deuce, but he does so and on the fourth he finally wraps up the quarter-final. The widely-anticipated Nole-Fed semi is ON!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 5-4 - BREAK! - Meanwhile, Djok holds and then breaks to turn the third set around and will now serve for a three-set win of his own.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 3-4 - Mayer holds from deuce, cagey stuff but he's not wilting yet in this third set...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 3-3 - A glorious cross-court drop from Mayer isn't enough to prevent the hold to 30 from the champ. Thngs still balanced in the third.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 2-3 - Mayer's putting up a fight at least, and holds to love again. This was sorely lacking in the second set, though the German will no doubt still be rueing that missed opportunity in the opener.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 2-2 - Nole holds to 15, he can afford to bide his time for a drop in Mayer's workrate now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 1-2 - Mayer holds to 30, as the opening point of game three finally goes against serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 1-1 - The champ matches the feat as the third set continues to roll without a single point against serve thus far.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 0-1 - Mayer starts the third set with a hold to love. His mood appears to have changed very little, but here's hoping he displays more focus from here. Good start nonetheless.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-1 - SET! Nole is beginning to catch Federer up after labouring to a tight opening set against a more formidable Mayer and crushes the German in the second., capping the final point with an ace. He needs just one more set for the semis.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 5-1 - BREAK! - The capitulation of the German continues and it continues rapidly. He's double-broken and Djokovic will serve for a quick second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-1 - And now a hold to love puts the Serb on course for a two-set advantage.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-1 - BREAK! - A fantastic diving volley earns Mayer the first of the two opening points, but he loses out on two subsequent marathon rallies before being returned for a break point, which Djokovic claims. He's making hay with a disappointing spell from Mayer outside of the odd point.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 - SET! - Love-service and Federer is in full control on Centre Court. Two sets up against an entertaining but outplayed Youzhny so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-1 - Though Mayer returns twice to drag the game back to 30-30, it's a temporary reprieve from business as usual. Djok holds from there.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-1 - Mayer bounces back with a hold of his own, though he's not cutting the most convincing of figures at the moment.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-0 - And Nole begins the second set with his confidence brimming after overcoming a tough test in the first, sweeping Mayer with a hold to love.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 - SET! - A blistering game to end an enthralling set, as Djokovic gets the break from deuce which wraps up the opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Nole takes five straight points to rescue a triple-break scenario. Mayer's shot selection really let him down there after a stellar start.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - The pause in play does the German good as he quickly holds from deuce. He had saved a break point before rain intervened.
- - And of course that halts play between Djokovic and Mayer too, after the champ had escaped a Mayer lob effort which was centimetres out before nailing a sweet lob of his own for a break point, which the German was able to save for deuce before play was abruptly halted.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - And the Serb eases through a comfortable love-service to shake off the break he suffered previously.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - BREAK! - A successful challenge from Djokovic is at the heart of what could be an important break-back to 30, and it's as you were on Court 1.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 - BREAK! - Fantastic movement from Mayer to keep up with Nole's service and it pays off big as the German secures a break to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Mayer loses his bearings at 40-0 but overpowers Djokovic to hold at the third time of asking.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Almost a scare for the champ, as Mayer resists two hold points to force deuce but the backhand winners of Djokovic see him over the line again.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Mayer is sharp in his own first service game, getting caught out by the on early return before holding to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - And we are underway on Court One where Djokovic has held inside two minutes to begin his last eight battle with Mayer.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|