No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - CONFIRMATION: There will be no further play on Centre Court! It was hoped by many that the organisers would shunt another match on under the roof, but that is not to be the case. It's a real shame, but that is the end of day seven. Thanks for your company as ever, folks - join us again from 11:30 tomorrow and I will post the order of play very shortly. In the meantime, you can get in touch via Twitter
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 6-3 - DJOKOVIC COASTS THROUGH! It's a very comfortable win for Djokovic as he clinches it in straight sets and secures his place in the quarter-finals! He moves to 40-15 with a brilliant forehand winner and, despite losing the next point in sloppy fashion, he closes it out with a big serve and forehand! He will next take on either Florian Mayer or Richard Gasquet in the last eight. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 5-3 - Troicki does at least manage to reduce the deficit as he finds three big first serves with Djokovic planting one wide and the other into the net. Djokovic can now serve out for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 5-2 - Troicki takes the game to deuce with a flurry of fine shots from the back of the court, but he is outwitted and outpowered once more as Djokovic goes on to hold under pressure. He moves to within a game of the quarter-finals now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 4-2 - BREAK! It was always coming! Djokovic breaks serve with aplomb, firing a crisp backhand down the line and marching ahead of his opponent in this third set! The top seed is romping towards the finish line now and Troicki is despondent.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 3-2 - Djokovic is belligerent from the back of the court as he fires a forehand cross court and hammers a forehand down the line to secure another solid hold. Can Troicki remain with his opponent in this set?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 2-2 - Troicki holds to level at 2-2 in this third set with a big serve to Djokovic's body after his opponent had gone wide with a forehand. Troicki is relieved to hold and remain on terms in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 2-1 - Djokovic is really not having to work hard at all as he drills a forehand cross court and even comes in and volleys down the line for a winner. It's comfortable for the world number one.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 1-1 - Troicki salutes someone in the crowd who was shouting at him earlier in the game as he slams a brilliant first serve down the T, and he levels at 1-1 at the start of this third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 1-0 - Djokovic holds serve with consummate ease as he fires a big delivery down the T, and Troicki puffs up his cheeks in frustration as he shrugs his shoulders: he just cannot compete with Djokovic in this form.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-1 - SET! Djokovic steamrollers his opponent in the second set to take a commanding position in this match. In truth, it's hopelessly one-sided and Troicki is not managing to test the top seed at all. Djokovic is extremely comfortable.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-1 - Troicki finds the corner with a very fine forehand, but Djokovic does not encounter any real problems as he takes another service hold very comfortably, and he moves to within a game of taking the set!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks again on Centre Court, and this is turning into a very one-sided encounter as the world number one begins to really exert his authority. Troicki is unable to respond.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - Djokovic consolidates his break of serve to lead 3-1 in this second set, and Troicki is unable to make any real impression on his opponent's serve. Djokovic continues to find the corners with unerring ease.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - Troicki does superbly to battle through a tough service hold from deuce as Djokovic has break points but cannot take them. The top seed is unable to break for a second time as Troicki pulls through.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-0 - Djokovic does not afford Troicki a single opportunity to get into the game as he holds serve comfortably and establishes himself in the second set. The Serb is really thriving now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic stamps his authority on proceedings once more as he drives a fierce forehand cross court then charges in court to bludgeon a forehand down the line to close out the game - it's a crucial break!
- - Do you think Djokovic will win Wimbledon this year, or are you backing Federer, Murray, Del Potro, Tsonga, or anyone else? Get in touch with your thoughts...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! Djokovic closes out the opening set in very clinical fashion, and he is very focused as he strides away towards his chair. Troicki is battling hard, but cannot quite match the intensity of his compatriot at present.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Troicki reduces the deficit with a very impressive hold, and he serves and volleys to take the final point from 40-15 after going wide with a forehand cross court. Can Djokovic serve out for the set now?
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Djokovic slams a forehand down the line in emphatic fashion to close out a very fine hold, and he consolidates his break of serve at the second time of asking. He is now just a game away from taking the opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - BREAK! Djokovic is utterly relentless as he breaks once more to force his way in front in this first set! Troicki finds two good serves, but it is not enough as Djokovic fires a rasping forehand winner down the line to break!
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - BREAK! Troicki breaks straight back with a stunning response, and a brilliant back hand pass leaves Djokovic applauding his countryman. Troicki hauls himself back on terms in this opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - BREAK! Troicki errs on his serve as he plants a forehand into the net rather tamely at 15-30, and Djokovic goes on to break very efficiently as he closes out the game and extends his lead!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic exchanges a chuckle or two with his great friend at the other end of the court as he asks for a tissue at one point in the game, and he manages to hold serve relatively comfortably with a string of fine first serves.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Troicki gets off the mark in this match with a solid hold of his own, and the Serb finds the line with a magnificent forehand which impresses his compatriot!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The top seed gets off to a hugely impressive start with a thunderous serve down the T and a string of powerful groundstrokes to back it up and close out the hold. Can Troicki replicate that?
- - The next match up on Centre Court under the roof will see world number one and top seed Novak Djokovic take on fellow Serb Viktor Troicki in their fourth-round clash.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||10/02/1986|