No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 6-3 - FEDERER WINS THROUGH! Roger Federer seals his place in the quarter-finals with a tricky four-set win over Xavier Malisse, and he has come through despite encountering a back problem early on. He will next take on either Mikhail Youzhny or Denis Istomin. Drawsheet
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 5-3 - Malisse at least manages to hold serve and reduce the deficit as he forces Federer to close out the match on serve and under pressure.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 5-2 - It's one-way traffic now on Centre Court as Federer moves to within a game of the fourth set and the match, and Malisse must now find a response.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 4-2 - BREAK! Malisse has suddenly imploded as Federer breaks for a second successive game with a stunning array of groundstrokes, and now he has control!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 3-2 - Federer takes the lead for the first time in the set as he powers a big serve down the T to hold serve, and he has now won three games in succession!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 2-2 - BREAK! Federer storms back to regain parity in this fourth set, and Malisse cannot prevent his serve being broken as the Swiss finds three big forehand winners!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 1-2 - Federer belatedly gets on the board in this fourth set as he finds two big serves down the T and keeps Malisse stretching behind the baseline.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 0-2 - Malisse consolidates his break of serve with a comfortable hold, and Federer is not managing to find his intensity at all so far in this set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 0-1 - BREAK! Malisse breaks at the start of the fourth set, and the Belgian continues to challenge Federer superbly on return, as he storms into the lead!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-6 - SET! Malisse takes the third set ruthlessly to ensure that Federer does not take this match comfortably, and he can now really challenge the Swiss.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 4-5 - Federer again holds to pile on the pressure, as Malisse now has to come through to hold and close out the set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 3-5 - Federer can do nothing as Malisse produces a very fine hold to move to within a game of taking the third set and redressing the balance of the match.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 3-4 - Federer is undeterred as he pounds two successive forehand winners, and he is really thriving now as he looks to pressure Malisse.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 2-4 - Federer slams a forehand winner down the line, but he is unable to break back as Malisse holds to extend his lead once more in this third set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 2-3 - Federer holds to reduce the deficit, and the Swiss is managing to really test Malisse in this third set despite slipping behind - can he recover and take it? He is looking very strong.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 1-3 - Malisse defies Federer as the Swiss piles on the pressure from the back of the court, but to no avail. Malisse holds, and extends his lead once more.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 1-2 - Federer forces the issue with a strong hold as he finds three big serves and now looks to immediately challenge the Malisse delivery.
- FEDERER 7-6 6-1 0-2 - Malisse is given a very hard time as Federer piles on the pressure, but he manages to come through to hold and consolidate his break of serve!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 0-1 - BREAK! Malisse suddenly kicks into life with a break of serve at the start of the third set, and the Belgian is beginning to finally compete again in this match. Federer must respond.
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-1 - SET! Federer closes out the second set with a stunning backhand passing shot down the line, and the crowd love that! The Swiss is storming through this match now and Malisse is not providing any resistance at the moment.
- - FEDERER 7-6 5-1 - Federer moves to within a game of wrapping up the second set with ease as he drives a forehand down the line with Malisse attempting to change his approach with a few chip and charges. Federer is romping along.
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-1 - BREAK! Malisse is really losing his composure and he has looked very disgruntled and disinterested since coming back onto court. The Belgian is comfortably broken once more, and Federer is cruising.
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-1 - Federer is running away with this now as he consolidates his break of serve with a typically assured and convincing hold. Malisse really has to improve markedly if he is to challenge the Swiss number three seed.
- - FEDERER 7-6 2-1 - BREAK! Federer breaks serve ruthlessly with a flurry of brilliant groundstrokes, and Malisse has no response at all. Federer takes control of the match once more as it continues to drizzle. /// Trevor and Roderick both show their disgust with the decision to not just shut the roof - I agree. It may not be an 'indoor tournament' but the roof should have been shut all day with the appalling forecast. What do others think? Get in touch...
- - FEDERER 7-6 1-1 - Federer hammers a forehand down the line and blasts a big first serve outwide to force Malisse under the cosh, and he holds serve with consummate ease to level at 1-1 in this second set.
- - FEDERER 7-6 0-1 - Malisse takes the opening game of the second set as we finally get back underway on Centre Court, and the roof has not been closed after all of that. Malisse finds a huge serve outwide to close out the game.
- - With Federer having taken the opening set on the breaker, a swift decision is now made to haul the players off and put the roof on Centre Court as the rain begins to fall! Is that the right call? Should they have had the roof on throughout today given the poor forecast? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter!
- - FEDERER 7-6 - SET! What a tie-break from Federer, who pulls through in very tough circumstances to close it out from a commanding early lead 7-1, and he is resurgent after struggling throughout that set! He only loses a single point.
- - FEDERER 6-6 (5-1) - What a resurgence from Federer, whose movement continues to improve markedly as he powers ahead in the breaker with some faultless serving!
- - FEDERER 6-6 - BREAK! Federer hits straight back with a typically gutsy and resilient display, and it's quite incredible how he has managed to roar back with limited movement around the court! We are into a tie-break!
- - FEDERER 5-6 - BREAK! Malisse capitalises on Federer's lack of free movement around the court with a punishing break of serve, and he does brilliantly to capitalise on Federer's struggles with a ruthless game! He has the advantage now. Can Federer respond?
- - FEDERER 5-5 - Malisse levels up once more with a huge forehand down the line, and he manages to hold under pressure from Federer with two big serves outwide.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - It's a relatively comfortable hold for Federer as Malisse fails to make more than two returns, and the Belgian rather lets his opponent off the hook there.
- - FEDERER 4-4 - Malisse holds serve very comfortably indeed as Federer eases himself back into the match in very tentative fashion. Now, how is his serve looking since the time-out?
- - Federer strides back onto court, and he receives a huge ovation! M says: "Fed's just taken a time-out for treatment - what's going on? Didn't see any obvious discomfort but he's not in the habit of calling the trainer on to court, so it's all a bit strange..." Indeed, he is not one to take a time-out lightly, but let's see now if he is okay...
- - Federer is off court receiving treatment now, and the Centre Court crowd are very concerned about this. Malisse waits on court pensively.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - That's much more like it from Federer, who slams a clinical forehand down the line to beat Malisse's defences, and he closes out a solid hold to lead 4-3. But he's struggling with a muscle strain by the looks of things, and will now get some treatment.
- - FEDERER 3-3 - Malisse refuses to be dictated to in this opening set as he finds two fine serves to Federer's body which he follows up with dismissive forehands mid-court. He holds to level.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Federer keeps his nose in front in this opening set with a gutsy hold from deuce, and he is forced to produce a scintillating forehand down the line to close it out!
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Malisse levels up once more, but only after another long deuce with Federer piling the pressure on his opponent. Malisse is keeping pace with Federer very well early on.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Federer holds serve after an extended deuce, and Malisse forces him to battle exceptionally hard and to produce two brilliant forehands under pressure to close out the game.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Malisse produces a very confident service game to hold and level at 1-1, and the Belgian establishes himself at the start of this match.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer gets off to a very assured start as he fires a huge serve down the T and manages to back it up with a flurry of crisp forehands from the back of the court.
- - The first match up on Centre Court sees the third seed Roger Federer take on Xavier Malisse of Belgium, who has been in tremendous form so far at this year's Championships in their fourth-round match.
- - Which match are you most looking forward to today? Who are you backing for Wimbledon success? You can get in touch with me throughout the day and I will publish your opinions (well, if they are appropriate). Post your views in the comments section below or via Twitter!
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||19/07/1980|