No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 6-3 - MATCH! - And there it is, Murray fires back with his own love-service to clinch the match in three sets. Either Ferrer or Del Potro await, though the former is two sets to the good at present...
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 5-3 - Cilic with a hold to love as well, an impressive display of service. But the ball is now in the Scot's hand and the match is almost his.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 5-2 - One more game from the next three and Murray is in the last eight. A hold to 15 shows that perhaps Cilic's dogged resilience in the previous game was a one-off before the inevitable conclusion.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 4-2 - It appeared that Cilic would capitulate when Murray eased into a triple break point, but the Croat fought back well before stubbornly holding on to hold on deuce four and pull one back.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 4-1 - The Brit could be set to finish with a flourish - he really has stepped it up and his service game is almost as strong as the break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 3-1 - BREAK! - And Murray's play is irresistable in the fourth game of set three, earning him a comfortable break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 2-1 - Far less comfortable hold than it should have been for the Scot, with a couple of sloppy points conceded before he finally sees through his serve.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 1-1 - Good work from Cilic to recover from dropping the first two points and hold from deuce, despite Murray preventing an earlier opportunity by winning a tiring rally.
- - Bit of a delay to the second game olf set three between Murray and Cilic, but the brief spurt of heavy rain soon subsides and we resume after a few minutes of downtime.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 1-0 - Murray grinds out a hold from deuce after evading a pair of break points.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-2 - SET! - Murray takes his second advantage point from deuce to move into a two-set lead.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-2 - Murray wastes no time picking things up, holding to love to ensure a few cracks at the set here.
- - Murray v Cilic is back underway! It's 4-2 Murray in the second set, with the Scot claiming the opener yesterday. Yesterday's action
- - Good news, Murray fans: Murray and Cilic have re-emerged onto Court 1! After a five-minute warm-up, they should be back underway and we hope that they'll be able to play to a finish before things get worse out here...
- - So further rain delays here this lunchtime, and forecasts for later in the afternoon are even worse. Could be a tough day.
- - PLAY IS SUSPENDED! Murray and Cilic leave the court, and play on the other courts is now suspended. Inexplicably, the roof is only just being closed now on Centre Court - bizarre decision-making.
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-2 - Cilic reduces the deficit with a solid hold, and Murray finds a big forehand down the line but cannot continue his resistance. Oh dear, the rain continues to drizzle, and the players are forced off once more. What a shame!
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-1 - Murray was 40-0 up from last evening, and a big serve down the T from the number four seed sees him close out the game and stretch his lead in this second set to 4-1. Can Cilic settle straight away too?
- - Britain's Andy Murray is set to resume his match with Marin Cilic on Court 1 at 12:00 with the fourth seed leading 7-5 3-1 from last evening's play. There is already a huge crowd milling around the court with a real buzz of anticipation surrounding the match.
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|