|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Murray receives his gold medal in the middle of Centre Court with Federer and Juan Martin Del Potro alongside him, and now the national anthem will follow...
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 6-4 - MURRAY HAS WON THE GOLD MEDAL! It's quite incredible as Murray closes out his service game to 15, and he finishes with an ace down the T to beat Roger Federer in straight sets and clinch the gold medal at Wimbledon! Murray immediately climbs up to his box and embraces his team and family, and the ovation he is getting from the crowd on Centre Court is quite amazing! He becomes the first British man to win an Olympic singles final since 1908 and he's done it all at Wimbledon!
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 5-4 - Murray can do nothing as Federer completes a very fine service hold, and the Swiss makes sure that his opponent has to serve out for the men's singles title and the gold medal! The tension is palpable, and Murray must now serve out for the gold!
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 5-3 - Murray is now just one game from the gold medal in the men's singles final! He holds serve to love, and finishes the game off with a flourish with a brilliant forehand down the line and a volley at the net to close it out! The crowd cannot believe how well this match is going, and Murray must be feeling similar emotions. He is on the brink of victory!
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 4-3 - Murray forces two break points at 15-40 as he picks out the line with a quite brilliant forehand, but Federer shows tremendous guts and spirit to save both from the back of the court after fine returns from his opponent. Federer comes through to hold from deuce, and Murray must now hold serve to keep his advantage in tact...
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 4-2 - Murray holds to love! It's another quite brilliant service game from the Brit as he drills a forehand down the line, then finds two big serves, one down the T and one outwide. A forehand cross court gives Murray the game, and he leads comfortably in this third set! /// @ellabrobbey says "Federer would have to perform a miracle in order to win now!"
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 3-2 - BREAK! It just gets better and better and better for Murray as he breaks serve to lead 3-2 in this third set, and Federer remains very subdued as he slips behind once more! Murray clenches his fist as he takes the game, and the crowd go wild again on Centre Court!
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 2-2 - Murray continues to remain extremely calm and unflustered as Federer slams a forehand winner down the line, but is not able to attack Murray further as the British number one finds two big serves outwide to close out the game. /// Bluearmy thinks Murray will win this set 6-3 to secure the gold medal! What do others think?
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 1-2 - Federer clenches his fist in delight as he rounds off another service hold at the start of this third set, and he knows that every game is absolutely vital for him now as he trails by two sets. Murray can only find one big return, and he will have to hold under pressure again now.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 1-1 - Murray levels up the third set as he gets himself on the board immediately with a solid hold, and Federer is not able to make the Brit sweat on his serve as he goes long with two returns and fails to really challenge.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 0-1 - Federer wins the opening game of the third set as he drills a backhand winner down the line to leave Murray helpless after two big serves give him the ascendancy. The Swiss begins the third set in solid fashion, can he now trouble Murray on return?
- - Who thinks that Federer will respond and still end up winning this final and the gold medal? Can Murray continue this incredible play and close out a final at Wimbledon? You can get in touch with me via twitter @Dan_Eurosport
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-1 - SET! Murray wins the second set 6-1, and he has lost just three games so far in this match with Federer really struggling to match his opponent in the sunshine on Centre Court! Murray closes it out with a forehand down the line, and he lets out a roar as the crowd go crazy once more. Federer will have to take this match to five sets if he is to win gold.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-1 - Federer finally, belatedly, gets on the board in this second set and spares himself the ignominy of suffering a bagel! Murray fires a forehand cross court for 15-30, but Federer comes through to hold with two very fine serves outwide. Can Murray serve out for the second set now?
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-0 - Murray is utterly composed as he finds three big first serves to keep Federer subdued at the back of the court on return, and the Brit closes out another service game with real efficiency as he moves to within a game of the second set. This is quite incredible! Could Murray bagel Federer? Surely not...
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-0 - BREAK! This is quite unbelievable as Murray breaks for a fourth game in succession, and he establishes a 4-0 lead in this second set - it's a commanding lead, and the Brit is the more clinical and ruthless. Federer is struggling to get any kind of a foothold in this match so far. The crowd are delirious on Centre Court!
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-0 - This is quite spectacular play from both men as Murray pulls off a brilliant reflex volley at the net to save a break point, before Federer forces another with a whipped forehand winner down the line! A forehand cross court from Murray saves it again. Murray has to save fully eight break points, but he comes through unscathed to consolidate his break!
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! Murray breaks for the third game in succession, and Federer is being comprehensively outplayed at the moment! Murray whips a brilliant forehand winner down the line for the break point, before flashing another cross-court (albeit with the aid of the net cord) as he moves into a 2-0 lead in this second set! Unbelievable stuff.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-0 - Murray takes the opening game of the second set in very confident fashion as he slams a forehand down the line and leaves Federer stretching in vain behind the baseline. Murray is dictating every point on his delivery, and will now aim to break Federer's serve for the third game in succession!
- - MURRAY 6-2 - SET! Murray is the model of composure as he comes to the net and fires a backhand down the line to establish a set point on the Federer serve, and a blistering backhand passing shot down the line gives the Brit the opening set - what a performance so far! The crowd go absolutely wild, and Murray is giving them every reason to celebrate so far.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Murray consolidates his break of serve, but only after a very tense, extended deuce with Federer desperate to hit straight back. The Brit moves to within a game of taking the opening set, and Federer must now hold his serve to at least force the number three seed to serve out for it.
- - "Murray has started very well as he did at Wimbledon but can he keep it up for 5 sets? Roger takes this in 4 sets" - that's the view of @SegunSopitan who has got in touch via twitter. How do you see this match going?
- - MURRAY 4-2 - BREAK! Federer produces a big serve to force Murray to hit long to move to 30-30 after a scorching forehand winner from the Brit puts him under the cosh. Another fine serve outwide from the Swiss is cancelled out by a brilliant return from Murray as the game goes to deuce. Huge hitting from Murray from the back of the court sees Federer plant a backhand into the net, and the Brit has a break!
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Murray continues to play with real conviction and aggression as he moves in court to bludgeon a forehand cross court, and Federer cannot pressure the Brit on return as he finds three big first serves. Can he trouble the Swiss on his serve now? Murray is really going for his shots.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray is refusing to be dictated to in this opening set as he drives a forehand winner down the line to move to 30-30, and he has a break point as Federer goes long with a forehand - an unforced error, certainly. Federer saves it with an ace outwide, and goes on to close out the game with two more big serves.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Murray holds once more with real composure after he finds himself at 15-15 and produces a blistering forehand cross court, with Federer going wide with one of his own. Murray leads 2-1 in this opening set, and every blow from the Brit is almost getting a standing ovation - quite remarkable.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Federer also gets on the board straight away as he fires a forehand down the line with Murray racing into the net to mix up his approach play. The atmosphere is incredible inside Centre Court as the British crowd roar on Murray. Federer holds to establish himself in the opening set.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray has to battle exceptionally hard to get on the board straight away in this opening set, and Federer finds an exquisite forehand winner to get going before the Brit produces two big first serves. The quality of the play is already exceptional - this should be quite a match!
- - Remember, despite the fact that every other match in the men's singles thus far has been a three-set contest, the final is best-of-five. You can also follow live scoring of the bronze medal match between Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro on Court 1...
- - The roar is absolutely deafening as Murray and Federer prepare to get this match under way. Murray will serve first in his dark blue GB kit, with Federer looking extremely focused and determined in his red and white Switzerland outfit. We're all set...
- - Who are you backing for victory this afternoon? Do you think Murray can beat Federer to avenge his defeat in the Wimbledon final? Get in touch with me on Twitter and let me know what you think... @Dan_Eurosport
- - The men's singles title at an Olympic Games is the one thing Federer says he craves and wishes to add to his collection: it has proved elusive so far in his career, but he will be desperate to win today and complete his set. Murray, well it's pretty clear how much he would love to win this title in front of his adoring fans.
- - BREAKING NEWS: The roof is being opened on Centre Court! The sun is now shining for this hotly-anticipated men's singles final as the ball girls and ball boys delight the crowd with an impromptu lap of honour, and loud music blares out of the Centre Court tannoy! Everyone ready for this?
- - Federer and Murray have an 8-8 head-to-head record with Federer, as everyone knows, having won their previous encounter in the Wimbledon final earlier this summer. Murray is looking to respond to that defeat, with the Olympic gold medal at stake!
- - Wimbledon resembles a GB festival today as Andy Murray takes on world number one and top seed Roger Federer in the final of the Olympic men's singles on Centre Court.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|