|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||7||2||6||-||-|
- - DEL POTRO 6-1 - A sublime backhand sliced winner down the line from Del Potro as he finishes with a flourish! troicki just ran out of steam after taking the second set, and the former US Open champion took full advantage.
- - TROICKI 5-1 - BREAK! Del Potro earns himself two break points, but he only needs one as Troicki limply surrenders the game on his second serve.
- - DEL POTRO 4-1 - The world number 32 gets his name on the board in this third set, but he still looks osecond-best when Del Potro then also holds in the next game. These two are playing to face either Andy Murray or Jeremy Chardy int he next round. Those two get underway on Grandstand court soon.
- - DEL POTRO 3-0 - Looking sharper than he has at any time in this match, Del Potro serves out comfortably to take a three-game lead in the deciding set. He hasn't dropped a point on his serve yet. in this set
- - TROICKI 2-0 - BREAK! Troicki slams an ace down the middle to save a break point and bring up deuce, but a poor approach shot gives Del Potro a second bite at the cherry, and this time he takes it! After finishing the second set so well, Troicki has come into the third verty sluggish.
- - DEL POTRO 1-0 - A solid start to the final set from DelPo, who holds to love.
- - TROICKI 2-6 - SET! Troicki completes what has been another curious set, in which he won 100% of points on his first serve. This one will go the distance, and you wonder if Del Potro's wrist is still giving him trouble.
- - DEL POTRO 2-3 - The Argentine holds serve again, this time against the wind. Lets see if he can draw level after the change of ends.
- - DEL POTRO 1-2 - Del Potro has never lost a set to Troicki in three previous meetings on hardcourt, and he stops this set getting away from him by getting on the board at the second time of asking.
- - TROICKI 0-2 - Despite serving up his first double fault of the matchm Troicki holds to 30 to consolidate his early break. Let's see how Del Potro responds now.
- - DEL POTRO 0-1 - BREAK! Troicki earns himself a break point with a forehand smash at the net, but Del Potro levels it up with a forehand right into the corner. Troicki earns another with great defence at the net, but he gets a taste of his own medicine and hits the net. On a third break point he forced back way behind the basline and hits a desperate lob out of play, but his persistence pays off and he finally gets the break!
- - TIE-BREAK 7-2 - SET! After a topsy turvy hour-and-a-quarter, Del Potro takes the first set via a neat bit of serve and volley and then a clinical forehand pass.
- DEL POTRO 6-6 - An ace from Del Potro sees him hold to 15 and a breaker is exactly where we are headed. Some deft work at the net from the Argentine in that game too.
- - TROICKI 5-6 - Del Potro is still very much in this set despite Troicki holding serve, and he is beginning to make good on his approaches to the net too. Looks like we're headed for a tie-break.
- - DEL POTRO 5-5 - DelPo is beginning to dip into his repertoire of forehand winners, although he loses out on one of them to a challenge from Troicki. The Serb, who has not played the same since he had to change a broken shoelace, hits a forehand the wrong side of the line and Del Potro holds.
- - TROICKI 4-5 - BREAKS! Troicki earns the right to serve for the set after breaking Del Potro, only for the world number nine to respond with a break to 30 in kind. Troicki can't find an answer for returns into his feet.
- - TROICKI 3-4 - Signs that Del Potro's wrist is still bothering him despite his attempts to soldier on. Troicki holds comfortably enough.
- - DEL POTRO 3-3 - The 2009 US Open champion is back in the game but struggling a little on his groundstrokes. Troicki is not making the most of the Argentine's poor backhands and Del Potro holds after a handful of advantages.
- - TROICKI 2-3 - BREAK! After a period in which Del Potro appeared to be wondering whether or not to play on he comes to life, forcing Troicki to save two break points but not a third.
- - TROICKI 1-3 - Troicki holds to 30 as Del Potro only uses his right arm and tries to slow the game down with one backhand slice after another.
- - Warm applause for Del Potro as his time-out is up and he goes back on court.
- - Worrying signs here as Del Potro calls a medical time-out. The trainer is coming down to take a look at his left wrist, the opposite to the one which kept him out of the game for so long.
- - DEL POTRO 2-0 - BREAK! Troicki wakes up and earns himself a break point, but he spurns it after a poorly chosen slice doesn't clear the net. Del Potro can't stay consistent with his ground strokes and another couple of long shots give Troicki the break-back!
- - TROICKI 1-0 - BREAK! Del Potro breaks immediately to love after Toricki commits four unforced errors, the final one by hitting the net after the first rally of the match.
- - After the blaze is dealt with, no doubt by some stewards partial to char-grilled ribs, we're ready to go...
- - The start of the match is being delayed for a few minutes after as apparently a barbecue next to the court has caught fire!
- - Troicki will be open the serving here. The Serb has played former US Open champion Del Potro five times since their first meeting in Washington in 2008. He has lost all five, three in straight sets.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||10/02/1986|