|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 - MATCH! It's taken almost 90 minutes, but it's a remarkably one-sided contest. There's a sliver of hope when a long forehand and an errant backhand leaves Cilic 15-40 up, but not for the first time Djokovic snuffs out the chance, and goes on to clinch the match. Story of the match, really. Juan Martin del Potro awaits in the semi-finals. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Outrageous. Djokovic capable of some stupendous volleys, and this one on the backhand, low, near the net, is about as good as it gets, and is backed up by an impressive lob. Cilic looks exasperated at 0-40 down, and he can only save one point. The Serb will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 - Everything working like clockwork for Djokovic. He adds another ace - his 7th of the day - hits every groundstroke deep, and Cilic absolutely nowhere near to breaking him. Hold to love, and the end looks near for the Croat.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 - Cilic needs to attack, but he seems to lack the firepower to consistently test Djokovic. He does show resolve, however, to pull through from 30-30 to hold. Still a break down, however.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - Djokovic smashes a backhand down the line to bring up game point, then follows up with an ace. Djokovic looks like he could raise his game if required - but at the moment the situation does not require it.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Error-strewn game from Cilic, and Djokovic doesn't need a second invitation. The Serb offered two break points, and converts the first of them when Cilic tries to pass him down the line and finds the tramlines. Just under an hour into the match, but for Cilic it is looking like the contest is slipping away.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - In an extraordinary point at the end of the first set, Djokovic blocked back a smash high and just over the net, only for Cilic to swipe at clean air and miss the volley. In a similar scenario in this game the Serb batters a winner. All square in the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Cilic has not been playing badly - but to put the size of the task into some context, he's not only lost all six previous matches against Djokovic, but he's won just one set to Djokovic's 15 in that time. He's up and running in the second set, sealing it with a backhand volley, but again he's having to work hard for anything he gets against the world number two,
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! Super drop shot for the first, service winner for the second, forcing a forehand wide for the third, and Djokovic brings up three set points. He takes the first of them as a backhand goes long. The Serb looking set for a semi-final against Juan Martin del Potro. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Djokovic pounces on the first couple of points to open a 0-30 lead, but misses out on a timid second serve, knocking the backhand long. It makes no odds - two break and set points come up, but the Croat clambers back to deuce with a thumping forehand cross court. Set point three comes and goes as well, but having saved his serve, Cilic must now break Djokovic to stay alive.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Cilic throwing everything at Djokovic in this game, and drags the score back to deuce when a series of deep forehands finally get the better of the Serb. Djokovic spurns another game point, but thanks to an outstanding defensive lob gets over the line on the third attempt. Cilic now serving to stay in the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Timely moment for Cilic to serve his second ace of the contest and move to 30-15, because Djokovic is letting him have very few points for free. The 12th seed seals the game with a serve to the body which Djokovic can only steer wide. Better behind his serve now - but the question is what impression he can make on the Serb's serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Djokovic seems to have Cilic on a string at times. He ends a long rally with a nonchalant forehand to take himself to game point. Cilic responds with an outstanding return winner across the court, but one mishit later from the Croat, the game is gone.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Again Cilic takes a 40-0 lead, and he must get a little nervous when Djokovic comes back him once more - but this time an attempted pass is just a touch too long. Djokovic challenges out of hope rather than expectation, and the 12th seed is on the scoreboard.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Djokovic takes the first point after pummeling the baseline. But he then strays a touch too far to let Cilic back in, before a double fault and a second unforced error suddenly open the door for Cilic. Djokovic suddenly just ups his game once more, denying Cilic and holding with an ace. Quite a start.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! The scale of the challenge facing Cilic stares him in the face. He races into a 40-0 lead, but soms thumping forehands from Djokovic bring him back to deuce. The world number two then turns defence into attack twice, and seals the early break.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Crushing start from the Serb. He virtually had a day off against Davydenko, who retired yesterday in their match when 6-0 down, and looks fresh as he holds to love.
- - The head-to-head doesn't make pretty reading for Cilic - he's 0-6 down to the world number two. What odds of the Croat turning the form book on its head today?
- - Hello and welcome to the second quarter-final of the day between Novak Djokovic and Marin Cilic. The winner of this one plays Juan Martin del Potro in the semi-final. Details
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|