|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 6-7 FEDERER: GAME SET MATCH FEDERER! He wins a tense tie-break 9-7 to take a record fifth Cincinnati title and 21st Masters series title in an hour and 20 minutes. What a performance. Thanks for joining us!
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 6-6 FEDERER: A great serve leads to an easy put away for Federer but he follows it with a first double fault. An ace gets the Swiss back on track and Djokovic twice hits long. Tie break time!
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 6-5 FEDERER: A crosscourt forehand winner wins Djoko the opening point but he then tamely nets a backhand. Two stunning forehand winners under pressure put the Serb further ahead and a backhand winner closes out the game.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 5-5 FEDERER: Fed starts with a winning serve wide to the forehand and Djoko then fires long. A poor volley allows Djoko to blaze a winner straight through the Swiss but he then nets to concede two game points. A forehand winner wraps up another service game for Federer.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 5-4 FEDERER: Djokovic starts with an unreturnable serve up the tee but a glorious crosscourt pass sees the Swiss back on terms. Djoko puts away an easy mid court forehand and hits another fine serve before wrapping up the game with a forehand winner. Federer must hold to stay in the set. Lots of tennis left in this one!
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 4-4 FEDERER: Djokovic hits long and screams out in frustration after a long opening exchange. A good sign he’s trying though and he gets on terms as Federer can’t keep a powerful forehand in play. Djokovic stays patient keeping the ball in play and forces the error to go 15-30 ahead. But the Serb makes two unforced errors of his own and hits a return long as Federer takes the game. Federer yet to drop his serve all week.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 4-3 FEDERER: Deep hitting from Federer puts Djokovic onto the back foot but Djoko goes for broke with a great forehand into the corner. Federer nets a first serve but restores parity in the game with a forehand to the edge of the baseline that Djokovic nets. Federer misses his chance on a short second serve then nets a first serve as Djokovic edges ahead again.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 3-3 FEDERER: A lovely stop volley gets Federer off and running but he hits a tricky half volley long to lose the next point. A ferocious forehand deep into the backhand corner puts the Swiss ahead and Djokovic then nets. Federer misses a backhand volley for once but a gem of a half volley pick-up wraps up another game.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 3-2 FEDERER: Djokovic scores with a big serve out wide to win the opening point but he hits long to put himself under pressure again. Federer twice hits long and then wide as a big serve wraps up a third game for the Serb. Looks like he’s finally finding his range.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 2-2 FEDERER: A long opening exchange ends in a netted Djokovic forehand but Fed then hits a forehand wide. A big first serve gets the Swiss ahead and another huge forehand winner gives him two game points. An ace up the middle seals the game.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 2-1 FEDERER: Djokovic has Federer scrambling from left to right to win the opening point and Federer then hits long. A blazing forehand return winner gets Fed on the board and a fifth double puts Djoko in trouble at 30-30. Djokovic hammers two big forehands to halt the Fed Express for a while longer.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 1-1 FEDERER: Federer nets a forehand to give Djokovic the initiative but a good wide serve restores parity. Another great sliced serve puts the Swiss ahead and a marvellous exchange ends in a backhand winner for the Swiss. Federer hits a forehand wide but Djokovic nets to hand Federer the game.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6, 1-0 FEDERER: Hooray for Djokovic as he gets on the scoreboard. He starts badly, firing a forehand long but Federer repays the compliment. Federer hits a good serve long but Djokovic nets as the game goes to 30-30. The Serb gains a game point as Federer nets a forehand and he gets on the board as Federer hits wide.
- Great first service percentage for Federer of 73%.
- DJOKOVIC 0-6 FEDERER: SET FEDERER! A sweet volley gets the Fed Express off the mark in the game and he follows up a drop shot with a simple put away to move further ahead. The Swiss misses an easy put away but a good serve brings up two set points. Djokovic saves the first with a forehand winner but a Federer forehand winner gives him the set in 20 minutes! Stunning stuff.
- DJOKOVIC 0-5 FEDERER: BREAK FEDERER! Djokovic begins with an ace of his own but Federer blasts two clean forehand winners to move ahead in the game. Djoko responds with a big serve up the tee and Federer hits wide to give him game point. Another unforced error from the Serb pulls the game back to deuce and a fourth double fault gives Federer another break point. Djokovic nets to give Federer yet another break. The crowd is stunned, as is Djokovic!!
- DJOKOVIC 0-4 FEDERER: Federer races to the game with three aces and an unreturnable serve. Amazing start!
- DJOKOVIC 0-3 FEDERER: DOUBLE BREAK FEDERER! Djoko wins the opening point but then nets a backhand. Federer fires a backhand wide but Nole double faults and hits a backhand of his own wide to give Federer yet another break point just seven minutes in. Another double fault amazingly gifts Federer the double break!
- DJOKOVIC 0-2 FEDERER: A great return gives Djoko the opening point but Federer responds with an ace down the middle. A fantastic drop shot and ace puts the Swiss further ahead and a whipped forehand winner wraps up the game.
- DJOKOVIC 0-1 FEDERER: BREAK FEDERER! Dkoko begins with an ace out wide but then nets a simple forehand. A cracking forehand and cute drop volley puts Fed ahead. A double fault gifts two break points. He responds with a big serve to save the first but a wide forehand gives Federer a great start.
- Djokovic won the toss and elected to serve.
17.40 - It is the first time the world numbers one and two are playing the final here in the open era. Federer is bidding for his fifth Cincy title and Djokovic his first. Djokovic is bidding to become the first back-to-back Montreal and Cincinnati champion since Andy Roddick in 2003.
17.30 - Federer has a 15-12 head-to-head advantage over Djokovic, their last encounter being Federer’s four set victory in the Wimbledon semi-finals.
17.20 - Federer reached the final by beating Swiss compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka 7-6, 6-3 while Djokovic beat an injury hampered Juan Martin Del Potro 6-3, 6-2.
17.00 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Cincinnati Masters final between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|