No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- KVITOVA 6-4 6-3 – GAME SET MATCH! Kvitova gets to 40-0 and Parmentier hits long as the fifth seed advances to the 4th round and a meeting with Marion Bartoli. Entertaining encounter. Women's draw
- KVITOVA 6-4 5-3 – Parmentier races to 40-0 with a forehand winner into the deuce corner and holds to 15 to ask the question of Kvitova.
- KVITOVA 6-4 5-3 – Kvitova hooks wide on the opening point but Parmentier returns the compliment. The Czech moves to 40-30 and to within a game of the match as Parmentier hits long.
- KVITOVA 6-4 4-3 – Battling stuff from Parmentier who hits a 115mph ace to get to 40-30.Kvitova forces three break points as the game goes to deuce but the Frenchwoman shows a lot of fight to hold.
- KVITOVA 6-4 4-2 – A big forehand to the corner gets Parmentier to 15-30 but Kvitova doesn’t lose another point to hold.
- KVITOVA 6-4 3-2 – A big serve up the tee helps Parmentier to an important love service hold. She’s not done yet.
- KVITOVA 6-4 3-1 – Kvitova consolidates the break with an ace for a hold to 15.
- KVITOVA 6-4 2-1 – BREAK! Kvitova forges a break chance and Parmentier drifts a sliced backhand long. Could prove pivotal.
- KVITOVA 6-4 1-1 – Kvitova holds to 15 and definitely looks the more comfortable out there.
- KVITOVA 6-4 0-1 – Parmentier under pressure at 30-30 but Kvitova nets and she holds with a good serve.
- KVITOVA 6-4 – SET! Big hitting sees Kvitova race to 40-0 and Parmentier hits wide to lose the opening set.
- KVITOVA 5-4 – Parmentier does her job, holding to love to force Kvitova to serve it out.
- KVITOVA 5-3 – The Czech holds to 15 and Parmentier will have to serve to stay in the set.
- KVITOVA 4-3 – Parmentier saves a break point for a gutsy hold.
- KVITOVA 4-2 – Kvitova consolidates the break with an ace to hold to 15.
- KVITOVA 3-2 – BREAK! A first break chance for Kvitova as Parmentier hits long and a double fault gifts the break.
- KVITOVA 2-2 – No problem for Kvitova as she holds to love.
- KVITOVA 1-2 – A tougher holds for the Frenchwoman to 30 as Kvitova hits long.
- KVITOVA 1-1 – A lovely pass from the Frenchwoman gets her on terms at 30-30 but Kvitova holds with a big serve.
- KVITOVA 0-1 – A nice start by Parmientier who holds to 15 despite a double fault.
- Next up on Grandstand is fifth seed Petra Kvitova against France's Pauline Parmentier.
|Date of Birth||31/01/1986|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|