No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - VINCI 6-2 7-5 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Our first result of the day sees Vinci through to the last 16! Not 15 minutes ago Cibulkova served for the set, but her serve has been her Achilles heel all day long, and the Italian took full advantage to finish the match with a volley at the net. Next up is either Radwanska or Jankovic. Draw
- - VINCI 6-2 5-5 - BREAK! Cibulkova has a chance to serve out for the set - and blows it. Vinci back on serve at just the right time.
- - VINCI 6-2 3-4 - BREAK! Six holds of serve in a row- it could never last. But this time it's the Slovakian who has earned herself the advantage. A real chance to get back in the contest here, and up to her whether the 13th seed can take it.
- - VINCI 6-2 2-1 - Mental block navigated - Cibulkova has held her serve. The bad news is that with another hold to love, Vinci's looking strong behind hers.
- - VINCI 6-2 - SET! Cibulkova gets as close as deuce, but still no sign of a hold of serve. She's landing just 50% of first serves, and she's heading out of the tournament in a hurry here.
- - VINCI 5-2 - Cibulkova just cannot hold onto her serve. Four games so far - and all four have been ceded to her Italian opponent. Vinci only has to hold now to wrap up the opener.
- - VINCI 3-2 - At the fifth time of asking, a player holds in this match - and it's the Italian who manages it. Slender advantage for the 20th seed.
- - VINCI 1-2 - BREAK! Three games, three breaks so far on Louis Armstrong. The winner here faces the winner on Arthur Ashe right now - so it's Cibulkova or Vinci. Draw
- - VINCI 0-1 - BREAK! Cibulkova strikes the early blow in this match, pouncing on a tentative start from the Italian to get ahead. Can she lay down a marker and by cementing the break?
- - Also kicking off in the women's draw on Louis Armstrong is Cibulkova against Vinci. These two seeded players have made it through their bracket so far.
|Date of Birth||06/05/1989|
|Date of Birth||18/02/1983|