No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KERBER 6-1 6-2 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Kerber not made to wait long - after a four-hour epic between Murray and Lopez in the previous match on Louis Armstrong, Kerber takes just 56 minutes to book her place in the next round, finishing with a backhand driven down the line. Very, very simple. And it looks like Sara Errani for her next. Draw
- - KERBER 6-1 5-2 - And she backs it up with a hold to love. The German now just a game away from the last 16.
- - KERBER 6-1 4-2 - BREAK! And that could be the crucial one - Kerber returning with purpose and running down every ball. What hope left for Govortsova?
- - KERBER 6-1 3-2 - Not one-way traffic any more, but Kerber doing enough to keep her nose in front in the second set. It's at this point that the German's experience could tell - and scoreboard pressure on the Belarusian will begin to pile up.
- - KERBER 6-1 2-2 - Impressive from Govortsova - having held her serve just once all match, she manages to do so to love now.
- - KERBER 6-1 2-1 - Kerber working nicely behind her own serve, and making it look as if that break a couple of games ago was an aberration, not a sign that the game is turning.
- - KERBER 6-1 1-1 - BREAK! Easy come, easy go that break. Kerber plays some fabulous groundstrokes, raking low across the net, and Govortsova buckles at 30-40 down. As you were.
- - KERBER 6-1 0-1 - BREAK! Well, where did that come from? Kerber looked in control, even in the game itself, but after a visit from the physio Govortsova finds a way to break the German. The crowd would love a contest here, and are lending their support to the Belarusian.
- - KERBER 6-1 0-0 - Govortsova is going to continue. If she's under the weather, then this heat and an uncompromising oppornent is a bad combination.
- - KERBER 6-1 0-0 - Govortsova not at all happy here - she's got the trainer on, and she's having her blood pressure measured.
- - KERBER 6-1 - SET! Quick, but presumably painful for the Belarusian. Kerber has sealed the set in just 22 minutes, and it's going to take some drastic improvements from Govortsova to turn this one around.
- - KERBER 5-1 - Kerber not a flashy player, but has quietly moved into the upper echelons of the tennis scene this year. Now just a game away from the opening set.
- - KERBER 4-1 - Govortsova on the board at last. The numbers tell the story so far - Kerber hitting seven winners to Govortsova's two, with the Belarusian making nine unforced errors to Kerber's two.
- - KERBER 4-0 - This could be over in a hurry at this rate. Govortsova, the world number 67, just cannot get on terms with the German.
- - KERBER 3-0 - BREAK! And it goes from bad to worse for Govortsova. She's been on court seven minutes, and she's halfway to losing the set, losing four points in a row and surrendering this game with a tame lob that loops out.
- - KERBER 2-0 - BREAK! And the early advantage firmly with the sixth seed - Govortsova had a good run out at New Haven, thanks in part to a walkover when Radwanska had to pull out of their match, but has started slowly here.
- - On court now, Angelique Kerber, who swatted aside Anne Keothavong of GB in round one, is in play against Olga Govortsova on Louis Armstrong.
|Date of Birth||18/01/1988|
|Date of Birth||23/08/1988|