No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 6-2 – GAME SET MATCH! Big serving sees Djokovic race to 40-0 and he wraps up a final showdown with Andy Murray with a forehand volley.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 5-2 – Ferrer does his job, holding serve to 15 but Djokovic will serve for a place in the final.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 5-1 –Djokovic races to 40-0 and despite netting a backhand, holds to 15.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 4-1 – Ferrer finds the baseline with a forehand and races to a love service game to put at least a little bit of pressure back on Djokovic.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 4-0 – Djokovic races to 40-0 and closes out the game to 30.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 3-0 – BREAK! A lucky net cord gets Djokovic to 15-30 and a forehand winner earns two break points and he converts his first to make a huge step towards the final.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 2-0 – Ferrer wins the opening point against serve but Djokovic whips a forehand winner and the Spaniard hits long. A fourth ace and netted Ferrer forehand gives Djokovic a two game lead.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 1-0 – BREAK! Ferrer nets to put himself in early trouble and another blazing backhand winner gets Djokovic two break points. Ferrer nets and the early break goes to the Serb.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 6-4 – SET! Solid serving and big groundstrokes gets Djoko to 40-0 and a third ace rounds off the set.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 5-4 – Ferrer races to 40-0 with some big serving and wraps up his second love service game.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 5-3 – Ferrer hits long and Djokovic finds a volleyed winner and big serve to race to 40-0 before wrapping up the game with an ace.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 4-3 – BREAK! Ferrer nets on the opening point but puts away a smash as Djokovic slips. A volleyed winner earns break point and Ferrer nets to concede the break back.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 3-3 – Djokovic wins a lengthy opening exchange before Ferrer twice hits long then nets.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-3 – Ferrer hits a winning volley and two forehands to race to 40-0 before holding to love.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-2 – BREAK! Ferrer nets after a lengthy opening exchange but Djokovic fires long before hitting two big serves including an ace. The Serb nets a forehand, hits long after a 26 shot rally then nets again to concede a break back point. And he hits back as Djokovic hits long.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-1 – Ferrer hits long on the opening point but digs himself out of trouble with a couple of big forehands. Another Djokovic forehand winner levels matters but Ferrer finds a winner before netting. The Spaniard wins a 27 shot rally and follows with a forehand winner to hold serve.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 2-0 – Ferrer bosses the opening point but Djokovic still blazes a forehand winner. The Serb hits wide but Ferrer twice nets and hits wide.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 1-0 – BREAK! Djokovic gets the better of a lengthy 24 shot rally and Ferrer then hits a smash long to put himself under pressure. Djoko hits long but Ferrer nets to concede two break points and nets again to concede the break. One way traffic at the moment.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 6-1 – SET! Ferrer wins the opening point with a dipping forehand at Djokovic’s feet and the Serb then hits long. A big serve gets the second seed back into the game and Ferrer then fails to find the court on his return. Djokovic volleys wide to concede break point but an amazing backhand winner after a lengthy exchange earns set point. Ferrer saves another two set points but he finally nets as Djokovic levels the match.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 5-1 – Djoko drifts a backhand slice wide but volleys into open court to get back on terms. A lucky net cord puts Ferrer ahead. Djoko nets then hits wide and the Serb will serve for the set.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 5-0 – Djoko hits wide on the opening two points and Ferrer whips a crosscourt forehand pass to earn three break back points. A lucky net cord gets Djoko back into the game and Ferrer then nets. A forehand winner gets Djokovic back to deuce and a netted Ferrer forehand allows him to hold.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 4-0 – BREAK! A good first serve gets Ferrer off and running but he nets a backhand then a forehand to put himself in trouble at 15-40. Another forehand finds the net and Djokovic has the double break.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 3-0 – Djoko hits wide on the opening point but quickly restores parity before a forehand winner gets him ahead. The Serb then nets but Ferrer hits wide then nets.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 2-0 – BREAK! Ferrer hits long on the opening two points then nets a drop shot to put himself under pressure at 0-40. The Spaniard hits wide and Djokovic breaks to love.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 1-0 – Djoko opens with a forehand winner and volley into an open court. A whipped crosscourt forehand gets Ferrer into the game but he then nets and a big serve allows Djoko to hold.
- DJOKOVIC 2-6 – SET! Ferrer hits wide on the opening exchange but a booming forehand gets the Spaniard on terms. Djoko hits wide, then long as Ferrer closes out the opening set. It’s the first set the Serb has dropped in the tournament.
16:00 - The winner will face Andy Murray in the final after the Briton came through his semi final in blustery conditions, defeating Tomas Berdych 5-7 6-2 6-1 7-6. Read the report here.
15:50 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the men’s semi final between Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer. Play was interrupted last night due to a severe weather warning with Ferrer in the ascendancy, serving for the first set at 5-2 up.
- - Thanks for joining us today. We will be back here with the conclusion of this match tomorrow afternoon at 4pm (BST).
- - We have news that the semi-final between Djokovic and Ferrer will resume at 4pm (BST) on Sunday with the women's final off and running at 9.30pm (BST).
- - Here is the report from Andy Murray's win over Tomas Berdych... Murray beats Berdych in wind to reach US Open final
- - The action has been abandoned for the day by the looks of things. Djokovic 5-2 down in the first set. Real break for Djokovic and a real break for Andy Murray, who could get the extra day's rest with the men's final running into Monday.
- - FERRER 5-2 - Djokovic has managed to stay alive in this first set by holding serve. A tournament official races onto the court to inform the players and the crowd that they are evacuating Arthur Ashe Stadium. This semi-final is over for the day. It is sunny, but windy. Very windy. They are expecting tornado weather to arrive in the next 45 minutes. And are taking no chances.
- - FERRER 5-1 - Djokovic complaining to the umpire that the conditions are unplayable. The umpire points out that we have just had four sets in it. Djoker looking up to the heavens between each point. It is fair to say he is not enjoying these moments. Ferrer is focusing on his business and getting on with it as another game passes Djokovic by.
- - BREAK FERRER 4-1 Djokovic does not look comfortable hitting with the wind and goes 0-30 down. He attacks on the next point and Ferrer looks for the pass, but a second stretch volley in succession gives the Serb the point. Ferrer wins two break points with his seventh winner of the match. Two break points, but Ferrer needs just the one to claim the double break. Looking good for the first set with Djokovic toiling.
- - FERRER 3-1 - Djokovic wins the first point on Ferrer's serve but hits long then into the net to allow the Spaniard to take a 30-15 lead. A cheeky short drive to the sideline puts Ferrer within a point of the game and he closes it out from there.
- - FERRER 2-1 - Djokovic staring down the barrel at 0-30 behind in his second service game, but he steels himself to reel in four straight points and prevent Ferrer from careering off with the double break. Better from Djoker after a somewhat sluggish start. At least he is on the move here. Stadium beginning to fill up again after the Murray-Berdych thriller in the wind.
- - FERRER 2-0 - Only three minutes between the end of the Murray match and the start of this one with storms expected to hit New York over the next few hours. A break back chance is staved off by Ferrer, who continues to impress by seeing out the game to cement the break he achieved in the opening game of the match. A dream start to this match by Ferrer.
- - BREAK FERRER 1-0 - Djokovic struggling to adapt to some serious winds in the New York area. Ferrer has spend 15 hours on court in reaching this semi-final, but is moving superbly well as he flicks a delicious lob over the head of Djokovic to pocket the first game of the match. Glorious start to this one for the little Spaniard against the defending champion as he wins the opener to 30.
0-0 - Djokovic to serve in the opening game of this match in these horrific winds.
21:39 - Good evening and welcome to LIVE coverage of Novak Djokovic against David Ferrer in the second semi-final of the US Open in New York.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|