|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|R Dutra Silva||2||1||2||-||-|
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 6-2 – GAME SET MATCH! Djokovic starts with an ace and moves quickly to three match points. Silva nets and Djokovic advances to the third round. Men's draw
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 5-2 – Great stuff from Silva who holds to 15 to force Djokovic to serve it out.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 5-1 – Another ace brings three game points and Djokovic moves to within a game of victory as Silva hits long.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 4-1 – Still a lot of pride at stake for Silva who holds to 15. Good for him.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 4-0 – Silva nets and hits long as Djokovic holds comfortably to love.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 3-0 – BREAK! A lovely moment as Djokovic hits a ball just long but Silva doesn’t hear the call and they both play on for a moment, patting the ball back. Confusion all round but both players are all smiles. But Djokovic breaks through at the second time of asking and is surely on his way.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 2-0 – Battling stuff from Silva who takes Djokovic to deuce but a Djokovic ace and reaction volley at the net takes the game.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 1-0 – BREAK! A fantastic forehand on the run gets Silva the opening point but he then fires wide. Djokovic nets but forges another break point, which he takes.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 – SET! A lapse in concentration as Djokovic gifts back three break points with some loose shots but fires down some big serves to take the set.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-1 – BREAK! Silva’s service game again goes to deuce but the young Brazilian hits wide as Djokovic breaks through.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-1 – Looks east for Djoko now and he holds to love.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-1 – BREAK! Looks like Silva expended much of his energy with that last hold and Djokovic forces three break points. The Brazilian does well to save the first two but then hits wide as Djokovic breaks.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-1 – After that last marathon game that lasted 16 minutes, Djokovic races to hold to 15 in no time.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-1 – Battling rallying from Silva, sporting a US Open cap straight out of the merchandise stand! Djokovic earns two break points but great net play saves the first before Djokovic hits wide. Fearless hitting gets Silva a game point of his own and he saves two further break points before holding on in a mammoth game that sees ten deuces. Gutsy stuff.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-0 – Djokovic in a spot of bother at 30-30 but he holds with an ace and a forehand winner.
- DJOKOVIC 6-2 – SET! A stunning forehand winner gets Djoko the opening point and Silva twice blazes wide. A backhand winner and big serve cuts the deficit but Silva nets and the set is gone.
- DJOKOVIC 5-2 – Djokovic races to 40-0 and a big serve rounds off a love hold.
- DJOKOVIC 4-2 – A big serve and big groundstrokes get Silva to 40-0 and he holds to love with another big serve.
- DJOKOVIC 4-1 – A stunning backhand pass gets Silva 15-30 up but Djokovic hangs tough and wins the game as Silva hits long.
- DJOKOVIC 3-1 – A fine serve and fearless hitting gets Silva to 40-0. He loops a forehand wide and a brilliant backhand winner gets Djoko back into the game before Silva holds with an ace. That will give him some confidence.
- DJOKOVIC 3-0 – A forehand winner gets Djokovic to 40-0. He nets on the first but Silva hits long and the Serb is racing away already.
- DJOKOVIC 2-0 – BREAK! Djokovic wins a long opening exchange and Silva then nets twice to concede three break points. He hits long and Djokovic has the immediate break.
- DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The Serb wins the opening point but then hooks wide. His first ace puts him ahead but he finds the net for 30-30 before Silva twice hits long.
- Djokovic to serve.
- Next up on Arthur Ashe we have second seed and many people’s tournament favourite Novak Djokovik Rogerio Dutra Silva of Brazil. Looks very one sided on paper.
|Date of Birth||03/02/1984|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|