|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- GASQUET 4-6 4-6 - Stepanek gives himself two match points and only needs the first. Gasquet looks to be on top when thundering in a shot to the corner but Stepanek stretches out an arm to send the ball high into the air, and Gasquet puts his smash out. The number 11 seed goes home, Stepanek through to face Isner in the third round.
- GASQUET 4-6 4-5 - With the wind in his sails, the Czech tries a cheeky drop shot only to fail to pull it off. Gasquet seizes the initiative to open up a 40-15 lead but the first break point goes with an ace from Stepanek and he goes on to hold.
- GASQUET 4-6 4-4 - Gasquet looks more confident at 30-15 but tries to find the corner with a forehand and instead lets the ball drift out. Another awkward shot gives Stepanek a break point. Gasquet is drawn into the net and then fails to prevent his opponent slapping a forehand down the line. He breaks back immediately.
- GASQUET 4-6 4-3 - There's been a bit of a lack of memorable points in this match-up so far but Stepanek does produce a glorious volley back behind the Frenchman as he crosses the court for 30-15. Then a bout of mediocrity with a shot into the net. Gasquet finds a nice passing shot on the backhand side for a break point. One flashy backhand return cross court and that's his first break of the match.
- GASQUET 4-6 3-3 - Some big serving from Gasquet and Stepanek has no reply. The Czech forlornly floats a backhand into the net as Gasquet holds to love in rapid fashion.
- GASQUET 4-6 2-3 - An error from Stepanek on the forehand gives Gasquet the first point - symptomatic of the decline in his standards in this second set. A fierce forehand from the Frenchman is then called out - rightly, according to the video. Stepanek slams in an ace to draw a frustrated reaction from Gasquet as he contemplates a 40-15 deficit and the Czech takes the game with a booming forehand that catches Gasquet off balance.
- GASQUET 4-6 2-2 - A mis-hit from the Gasquet serve levels things up at 30-30 and he looks to have the game in his grasp before ending a lengthy rally with a shot that goes long. Sloppy. However, he does just enough to draw level again at 2-2.
- GASQUET 4-6 1-2 - A drop shot-lob combo doesn't come off for Stepanek as Gasquet punishes the latter with a smash from the service line. He looks good at 30-15 but Stepanek steps up with a lovely drop volley. What looks a promising rally disintegrates with a poor forehand from the Czech but then Gasquet fails to capitalise when Stepanek's presence at the net sees him rush into a volley that flies wide. The Frenchman produces some nice ground strokes but a gruelling game goes to Stepanek.
- GASQUET 4-6 1-1 - Gasquet tries to beat Stepanek with a crosscourt pass but his opponent is onto it quickly and pings an overhead volley down the court for a 30-0 lead. Stepanek then carves out two break points, only to waste the first by striking the net on his forehand side. Now tested on his backhand side, the Czech is also found wanting when dragging the ball out for deuce. Gasquet holds with a big, unreturnable serve.
- GASQUET 4-6 0-1 - Stepanek's dominance continues as he rattles off the first game of the new set with no problems. The world number 41 but be 33 years of age but he remains in fine shape.
- GASQUET 4-6 - A lengthy rally to open Gasquet's service game but Stepanek punches a forehand down the line to win it. The Czech then finds the net, and does so again, before a nice forehand shot brings up 30-30. Getting into a rhythm, Stepanek belts home another forehand for the first set point of the contest. Stepanek looks to have it with a volley at the net but the crosscourt pass from Gasquet is just brilliant. Bravo. Stepanek carves out a second and takes it following a stunning rally.
- GASQUET 4-5 - It's that point in a set where a break can be deadly, so Stepanek must be frustrated to be pulled back to 30-30 by a wonderful passing shot on the backhand side from Gasquet. Glorious it was, though there was plenty of space to exploit. A fourth ace puts him back in control and Gasquet can't get the next one back either.
- GASQUET 4-4 - A lengthy rally ends when Stepanek, forced out wide, fails with a forehand down the line. Gasquet begins to unleash his double-handed backhand but sends one long for 30-15. Another error on the backhand draws the Czech level but Gasquet thumps one volley away and then watches as Stepanek clips the net with a backhand.
- GASQUET 3-4 - Stepanek punishes his opponent with a firm volley at the net but on the next point sees a deep shot from Gasquet leap up off the surface, forcing the Czech into a rushed volley that finds the net. Gasquet takes it to deuce but Stepanek quickly heads off the challenge when Gasquet opens up his body and fires a flashy forehand into the net.
- GASQUET 3-3 - After an initial exchange of points, Stepanek pumps one long for 30-15 in Gasquet's favour. Stepanek fails to deal with his next serve and then drags a backhand wide as the Frenchman secures another service game.
- GASQUET 2-3 - A neat little volley at the net from Stepanek leaves Gasquet floundering and the Czech's movement is looking very good so far. Now he guides a volley deep from the net for 40-0 and closes out the game for a lead.
- GASQUET 2-2 - Another easy service game for the Frenchman as he keeps Stepanek pinned back and forces the Czech into a loose shot which finds the net. No sniff of a break for either man just yet.
- GASQUET 1-2 - A weak double-handed backhand from Gasquet allows Stepanek to step in and punish him as the Czech opens up a 30-0 lead on serve. A big serve then takes him to 40-0 and as Gasquet moves into the centre following an approach shot, Stepanek puts it behind him down the line.
- GASQUET 1-1 - A good response from the Frenchman as he eases into his reply to draw things level.
- GASQUET 0-1 - Soft hands from Stepanek as he converts a nice volley at the net for a 40-15 lead on serve. It is followed by a strong serve down the middle to hold comfortably in the opening game.
- GASQUET 0-0 - Want some more wristy Gallic flair? Luckily for you Richard Gasquet is due on court any time now to take on Radek Stepanek.
- Coming up soon on Stadium is the match between 11th seed Richard Gasquet and Radek Stepanek. The winner faces John Isner in the third round.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||27/11/1978|