|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- Tipsarevic - seeded sixth - progresses to the third round where he faces Germany's Tommy Haas. That is also the final action from us today at the ATP Shanghai Masters. Thanks for joining us. It's a shame we didn't get to see Andy Murray in action, but there was plenty of class on display.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 7-6(3) - Superb judgement from Tipsarevic as he guesses which way Troicki is playing a shot at the net and returns it with interest, drilling it down the line for four match points. He takes the victory when Troicki horribly misjudges a drop shot, sending it bouncing on the surface before it even reaches the net.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 6-6 (4-2) - Troicki drives a backhand into the net as Tipsarevic goes a mini-break in front. A second follows as Tipsarevic moves onto a shot on his forehand side and drives a winner down the line. Troicki pulls one back though before the change of ends.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 6-6 (2-1) - It's going with serve so far in the tie-break, with some big hitting from both men. This has been an absorbing contest.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 6-6 - More wasted set points for Troicki, who looks very angry with himself and a tense game finally ends when Tipsarevic benefits from a wayward Troicki shot. That means a tie-break.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 5-5 - Getting tense. Troicki had set points on the Tipsarevic serve but was pegged back to 5-5.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 3-3 - Still with serve as the number six seed struggles to shake off Troicki for good. Remember, Tommy Haas awaits the winner of this one.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 1-1 - With serve in the second set of the all-Serbian clash. The winner faces Tommy Haas in the third round.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-2 - Tipsarevic breaks Troicki again to take the first set 6-2. He wants a big performance in Shanghai to help his chances of reaching the ATP Finals in London.
- TIPSAREVIC 4-2 - The higher ranked of the two Serbs, and the number six seed here, is having a tougher time of things now but still has the all-important break.
- TIPSAREVIC 2-1 - Troicki finally gets a foothold in the match as he gets to 40-15. However, a powerful return on the second serve sees Tipsarevic pull one back. Troicki then slams a forehand effort into the net for deuce. Five unforced errors already. Here's another as his forehand flies long. Troicki is struggling but gives as good as he gets in a mammoth game that just keeps on going. It takes eight deuces but eventually Troicki emerges with the game.
- TIPSAREVIC 2-0 - Tipsarevic is in dominant shape early on, Troicki can't cope with him. He opens up a 40-0 lead but a wild forehand gives his fellow Serb a glimpse. It is extinguished pretty quickly as Tipsy rolls on.
- TIPSAREVIC 1-0 - Tipsarevic, hoping to secure a place in the top eight in the ATP Race to London, gets off to a quick start when taking the first game with a break. He is currently sat in ninth place in the ATP Finals rankings, below Jo Wilfried-Tsonga.
- Out now on Grandstand are the Serbian pair of Tipsarevic and Troicki. The former the favourite given he is the number six seed.
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|
|Date of Birth||10/02/1986|