|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-3 – Great rally to start the game but Djokovic manages to take it and then the familiar pattern of quick points for Djokovic continues. Yet another hold to love for the Serb. Impossible to see Lopez breaking here and he now only has one chance if even that.
- - The strap at the middle of the net is broken but the net still seems to be working okay. Officials give the players the option to go off court while they fix or to just play on and they take the latter option
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-3 – Raggedy stuff on the Lopez forehand helps Djokovic earn a break point. The world number two flies around the court with some wonderful defensive work on that point but eventually fires into the net. Lopez then digs out the hold to stay in the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 – There are not rallies even developing on the Djokovic serve. Lopez just has no answers and it looks like he might exit this tournament with a whimper. Another hold to love.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 – Lopez stops the bleeding with a much needed hold to 15 but Djokovic has looked untouchable on his own serve and the Spaniard needs to find a break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 – Djokovic again virtually unplayable on his own serve. He holds to 15 and it now 22/24 when he gets his first serve in which is 69% of the time so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Djokovic forces a break point at 30-40 with a blistering forehand down the line, and the second seed completes a clinical break of serve as he drives a fierce forehand to Lopez's backhand with the Spaniard at the net, and he can only mishit the ball into the net. He has the break!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - It's very comfortable for Djokovic as he holds to 15, and the Serb has little trouble levelling up at the start of this second set. Both players get on the board on serve at the first opportunity.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Lopez begins the second set with a regulation hold to 15, and the Spaniard finds two sliced serves outwide with Djokovic unable to apply any real pressure on return. Djokovic flashes a forehand winner down the line, but it's not enough to test Lopez.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 – A quick hold to 15 for Djokovic who is serving beautifully in the early stages of this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 – Lopez needs to save a break point for the first time in the match. His first serve getting him out of trouble but Djokovic getting closer.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 – Djokovic serving confidently at the start of this match and he holds again. He has fired four aces already and his first serve percentage is 75 per cent.
- DJOKOVIC 2-2 – Lopez showing he is not afraid to come to the net off his serve. He holds to 30 sealing the game with a smash after a serve and volley helped him take control of the point.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 – Djokovic holds to 30 but Lopez is looking sprightly here in the opening stages. He just puts wide an over the head flicked volley at the net on the final point of the game as Djokovic is made work for his hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 – Good hold by Lopez to 15. His first serve is quality when he gets it in. He seals the game with a nice little drop at the net after a fine serve. Lopez has pedigree here in Shanghai having twice reached the semi-finals.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 – A comfortable hold to 15 for Djokovic to start the match. The one point that Lopez did win was impressive though as he drilled a forehand into the corner that Djokovic could not return.
- - Just getting underway here. Djokovic will be confident of a win as he has a 4-0 record against Lopez and has only ever dropped one set against the Spaniard.
- - Coming up next on the main court is Novak Djokovic's match against Feliciano Lopez. The Serb is having fun in China after winning in Beijing last week.
|Date of Birth||20/09/1981|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|