|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for your company throughout this rain-affected semi-final. Murray keeps his hopes of claiming a hat-trick of Shanghai Masters crowns very much in tact, and he will now face his good friend Djokovic in the showpiece final. Who are you backing for the title? You can follow and get in touch with me on Twitter @Dan_Eurosport
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-4 - MURRAY IS THROUGH TO THE FINAL! Murray shows real composure as he gathers himself after the delay and finds a big first serve to win the first point. Federer plants a tame backhand return into the net, but gets back to 30-15 with a forehand which drops on the baseline. Murray comes through to hold after 30, hammering a big serve outwide to close out the match, and he's through to the final to meet Djokovic! Drawsheet
- - Here we go, Murray to attempt to serve out for the match...
- - UPDATE: Right, at last, the players are back out on court and warming up. We should be back under way with Murray serving for the match in just over five minutes' time, and no rain can affect us now with the roof on.
- - Bridget describes this as another "controversial and gladiatorial" Murray match, while Chris Matthews believes that the Brit will win this tournament and come through. Twitter - @Dan_Eurosport - for your thoughts and predictions...
- - UPDATE: Well, maybe not exactly an update. The players are still yet to emerge, and this is getting a bit farcical considering that it was just a brief, light shower. The roof is taking an eternity to close, and the court to be considered 'match ready' once more.
- - Just to clarify, the roof is being closed and that is why there is a delay on the Stadium Court. It is almost closed, and there is some frantic mopping up on the court, which got slightly wet.
- - Sammy Nari reckons that Djokovic will win the final in three sets, while Carry F still fancies Federer to come through and win this match and the Shanghai title. No takers for Murray, really?
- - UPDATE: Well, the officials are providing very contradictory updates now as the original eight-minute delay has been extended to "15 or 20 minutes". As a result, both players march off court, with Murray understandably particularly frustrated about it all.
- - During this break, let me know who you think is going to win the Shanghai Masters final.... Will it be Djokovic? Murray? Or even Federer if he can recover here? Get in touch with me on Twitter!
- - UPDATE: Murray charges off for a toilet break, while Federer puts on his tracksuit top. Apparently the roof takes eight minutes to close, and the players will have to wait. Murray will be serving for the match when we resume!
- - Oh dear! It's started to rain again and, in the umpire's words, "it's worse than before"... The players head to their chairs and will now have to wait this out. The roof will be shut this time, and let's hope they go ahead with that this time.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-4 - Federer races to 40-15, but Murray unleashes a screaming forehand winner cross court to force his way back into the game. Federer is undeterred, however, and he finds a big first serve down the T to close out the game, and that now means that Murray can serve out for the match from 5-4 up in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-3 - What a game from Murray! Federer tries his utmost to apply further pressure from 15-15 with some fine retrieving from the back of the court, but Murray will not be denied, and he slams a forehand down the line and manages to hold with a precise sliced backhand as he races in court. Can Federer make Murray attempt to serve out for the match?
- - MURRAY 6-4 4-3 - Federer is again put under an enormous amount of pressure, but this time Murray goes wide with a forehand at 30-30 and proceeds to flag in a long rally to end the game. Federer manages to hold serve, and he reduces the deficit, getting back on track on serve.
- - MURRAY 6-4 4-2 - Federer throws absolutely everything at Murray as he finds a forehand winner down the line and manages to race in and pick out a very fine half-volley, but the British number one still manages to come through and hold to consolidate his break of serve.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-2 - BREAK! Federer storms to 40-0 with some clinical serving to leave Murray with no chance, before the US Open champion slams a forehand cross court to peg him back. Murray roars back to take the game to deuce, and a quite brilliant forehand winner closes the game out as he breaks serve! It's a brilliant resurgence, and he now has the advantage!
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-2 - Murray again holds, but this time he's under immense pressure as Federer hammers a fierce forehand down the line for a winner to move to 30-30. The Brit comes through with two blistering forehands of his own, and he's level once more.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-2 - Murray battles his way to 30-30 as he pegs Federer back once more on return, and he finds a quite incredible backhand passing shot to put his opponent under pressure. But the Brit curses himself as he plants a backhand into the net, and Federer is able to hold to 30! This second set is hugely dramatic already, and we're only three games into it.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-1 - As is so often the case, an epic game is followed by a very brief one, and Murray is able to hold with relative ease to level up this second set with both players holding at the start of it. The quality is quite incredible and, after that delay for a light shower, the roof is actually going to remain open for now.
- - MURRAY 6-4 0-1 - Federer moves swiftly to 40-15 with two very fine first serves and a quite sublime backhand down the line, but Murray roars back to take it to deuce with a scorching backhand return cross court! Federer is stunned as Murray finds another winner off a return, but he goes long with a forehand to squander the break point. The game goes on and on as Murray fails to take seven break points, and Federer eventually comes through in a quite epic game - wow, what a recovery from him!
- - UPDATE: We are back under way as the roof is closed, and we resume with this match in a seemingly interminable deuce!
- - UPDATE: We are still in the middle of this first game of the second set at deuce, and it has been going on for ages! A few drops of rain fall, and Federer is insistent that they should not be continuing to play while the roof closes. There is a delay, and now both players sit and wait!
- - We want to hear from you - do you think Federer will hit back and win this match, or are you backing Murray to close it out and set up a showpiece clash with Djokovic? Get in touch on Twitter @Dan_Eurosport!
- - MURRAY 6-4 - SET! Murray slams a forehand down the line to move to 30-0, but he berates himself once more to slip back as he plants a forehand into the net. A huge ace outwide after giving himself a good talking to gives him set points, before a big forehand down the line sees him close it out - first set to Murray! He takes control of this match.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - This is much, much better from Federer on serve as he crashes a big first delivery down the T, then another outwide to keep Murray quiet. The Brit forces his way back to 40-30, but Federer closes out the game with a crisp forehand winner cross-court! Now, can Murray close out this opening set on serve?
- - MURRAY 5-3 - Federer sends a scorching forehand return down the line for a very fine clean winner, but Murray recovers to lead 30-15 with a forehand winner of his own. He holds to 30 with a big serve down the T enabling him to close it out, and he's now just a game from taking the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Federer gets back on track with a significantly better service game, which makes his previous one look all the more startling. He finds three first serves and gives Murray no chance of continuing to take control. Can he now attack the Murray serve with just a game between the two players?
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray moves to 40-15 with two powerful forehands cross court, before Federer continues his incredibly inconsistent start to the match with a blistering forehand winner down the line, then a very tame backhand into the net! It's such a mixed performance so far from the world number one, and Murray consolidates his latest break.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - BREAK! Federer suddenly slumps as he commits two double faults to give Murray three break points, and a third gives his opponent a gift of a break! Quite astonishing - when do we ever see the Swiss master concede three double faults? Remarkable. Murray has the advantage once more.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray moves to 30-0 with a big serve outwide which Federer can only just get a racket to, before the Swiss pegs his opponent back with a quite brilliant forehand winner to make a mockery of a first serve. A gorgeous backhand winner down the line takes it to 30-30, but Murray is undeterred and holds under real pressure. What a start to this match! Real quality from both players.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Federer swiftly moves to 40-15 with three first serves doing the damage, but Murray hits back with a forehand winner and a well-worked point straight after to take the game to deuce. The world number one finds a precise serve outwide before following in to find a crisp half-volley as he closes out the first hold of the match.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - BREAK! Murray is furious as he berates himself for a sloppy forehand which goes wide, and it hands Federer a break back as he responds immediately. Murray recovers from 0-30, but Federer breaks from 30-40 to get back on terms.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - BREAK! What an opening game from Murray! He breaks to 15 with some quite stunning tennis, and he takes no time to settle as he reels off two very fine forehand winners to close out the game! Federer is broken straight away in this semi-final.
- - Right, we're all set for this second semi-final on the Stadium Court, and Federer will serve first.
- - It's been a relatively comfortable progression through to the final for Murray, who received byes through the first two rounds. He then beat Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-2 6-2, before recovering from a set down to defeat Radek Stepanek. Federer, meanwhile, lost a set against compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka, but beat the dangerous Marin Cilic in straight sets in the quarters.
- - Murray has been speaking candidly about his use of Ivan Lendl's former sports psychologist this week, and he credits his recent Grand Slam success at the US Open with the improvement of the mental side of his game. Read all about it!
- - Second seed Novak Djokovic secured his place in the final with an impressive 6-3 6-4 win over Tomas Berdych. Djokovic, who now boasts an ATP Tour-leading 69-11 match record for the season, won his ninth match on the trot and awaits the winner of this match. Djokovic beats Berdych to reach final
- - Who do you think will meet Djokovic in the final? Who do you see winning the title in Shanghai? Get in touch on Twitter!
- - The Swiss superstar improved to a 64-8 match record on the season, which includes six tour-level titles. This week, he is attempting to win a record 22nd ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophy.
- - Federer hit 27 winners and eight aces past 10th seed Marin Cilic of Croatia in the quarter-finals for a 6-3, 6-4 victory in 82 minutes. Murray, meanwhile, defeated world number 41, the feisty Radek Stepanek 4-6 6-2 6-3 in two hours and 19 minutes.
- - Murray's leads the pair's head-to-head record on the ATP Tour 9-8, and will be looking to seal a hat-trick of crowns in Shanghai this week.
- - This match-up is a repeat of the 2010 Shanghai Masters final, which Murray won - the Brit is unbeaten in the tournament, having won the title the last two years.
- - Welcome to live text commentary of the second semi-final of the Shanghai Masters as two-time defending champion Andy Murray takes on world number one Roger Federer.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|