No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MONACO 7-6 6-2 - MONACO HAS THE WIN!! He breaks again to take the victory. A poor backhand into the net from Dimitrov brought up two match points. He saved the first but then wildly misconnected with another backhand on the next and the Argentine will now face Igor Sijsling or eight seed Janko Tipsarevic next. Drawsheet
- - MONACO 7-6 5-2 – Monaco on the brink of victory now as he remains solid on his serve – the young Bulgarian serving to stay in the match.
- - MONACO 7-6 3-1 - Dimitrov belatedly gets on the board in this second set, but he's well down already after such a sluggish start. He holds to 30 under pressure, and Monaco is powering away now.
- - MONACO 7-6 3-0 - Monaco consolidates his break of serve with a solid hold, and the ninth seed is cruising now in this second set as Dimitrov continues to struggle following the breaker.
- - MONACO 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! Monaco is really seizing the initiative in this match now as he drives a forehand down the line and breaks Dimitrov with a scintillating backhand passing shot on the run which leaves his opponent stunned!
- - MONACO 7-6 1-0 - Monaco hammers a forehand down the line, and the Argentine moves in front with that winner as he holds at the start of the second set. Dimitrov has to get back on track with a hold now.
- - MONACO 7-6 - SET! Dimitrov fades rather badly in the breaker as he can only muster four points, with three coming from first serves. Monaco outbattles his opponent from the back of the court to close out the opening set!
- - MONACO 6-6 - We're into a tie-break on Court 1 as Monaco holds once more in nerveless fashion to take it all the way, and this is sure to be as tight as the set before it.
- - MONACO 5-6 - Dimitrov again moves in front with an imperious service game, and the Bulgarian is not looking remotely fazed at the business end of this opening set as he puts all the pressure back on Monaco.
- - MONACO 5-5 - Monaco will not be dictated to, and he holds serve to level at 5-5 with two big first deliveries outwide and a precise serve down the T to keep Dimitrov on the back foot.
- - MONACO 4-5 - Dimitrov moves in court and flicks a forehand down the line, before holding with two big serves outwide. The Bulgarian is not losing his focus and this set looks to be going all the way.
- - MONACO 4-4 - Monaco is utterly relentless on serve as he continues to pepper the service box, not making any mistakes from the back of the court either as he holds once more to level.
- - MONACO 3-4 - Dimitrov drives a forehand cross court to back up two big serves, and he holds comfortably to 15 as Monaco is unable to force any kind of a resistance.
- - MONACO 3-3 - Monaco holds with a breezy flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and he takes the initiative with shorter points and a more aggressive approach. This is quite a battle, and the first set is intriguingly poised.
- - MONACO 2-3 - Dimitrov is keeping Monaco pinned firmly back behind the baseline as he finds three first serves, and the Argentine is not managing to challenge on return.
- - MONACO 2-2 - Monaco is refusing to be dictated to, and he slams a forehand down the line and moves in court to hammer another cross court as he takes control before holding serve and levelling at 2-2.
- - MONACO 1-2 - Dimitrov is making a real impact with his big first serve, and he finds three to hold with relative ease. Monaco only manages to get into one rally, and he cannot trouble his opponent.
- - MONACO 1-1 - Dimitrov can make little impact as he lashes two fierce forehand returns long, and Monaco is able to hold pretty comfortably to level at the start of this match.
- - MONACO 0-1 - Dimitrov gets off to a solid start as he holds serve to 15, and Monaco is only able to make one testing return as he moves in court to bludgeon a forehand down the line. Dimitrov can now attack the Monaco serve.
- - Ninth seed Juan Monaco takes on qualifier Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria in their second round match, which is next up on Court 1.
|Date of Birth||29/03/1984|
|Date of Birth||16/05/1991|