|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||4||3||-||-||-|
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 3-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH LLODRA! Del Potro cannot live with the serve-volley king's fantastically angled deliveries, bringing up triple match point as Delpo only finds string. Double fault though! Nerves? No, as Llodra - 32 and the world no.84 - completes the win with a serve and volley from 1993. Chapeau. Paris drawsheet
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 3-5 – BREAK! Now Llodra is 30-0 up after a superb selection of volleys at the net, then some scrapping forehands that force Delpo wide, where he places his failed winner. And an error from Delpo brings up two break points, meeting Llodra’s sliced return with a rotten backhand to net! And then Delpo goes long as Llodra breaks him to love! Llodra serving for the match.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 3-4 – Delpo misses a chance to claim a rare point on the Llodra serve, and the Frenchman responds with a pair of aces. Llodra holds.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 2-3 – Llodra was so close to breaking there and he fancies another shot on the temperamental Delpo serve. A potential love hold is reduced to 15 after a nice running rally sees the older man net, and a wide return leaves Llodra for dead. ACE. He holds.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 2-2 – Del Potro is in big danger after falling two break points down. Will he join Murray and Djokovic in crashing out of Paris early? Not just yet – an ace from Delboy. And another, deuce. And another, advantage Delpo. And he takes it with a delicately crafted point at the net, a soft cute volley away after a backhand slice from Llodra.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 1-2 – Great line call by Llodra, his winner caught the line so he goes 30-15 before sending in an unreturnable serve. Fine return follows though, but Delpo nets when he should have brought it to deuce. Hold.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 0-1 – Llodra is more than happy to attack the net, which Delpo is not enjoying. A double fault to level but the Frenchman pulls away to hold.
- - DEL POTRO 4-6 – SET! Llodra exploits poor positioning from Delpo to win the first point, and after a fine serve brings them level, Delpo then goes long. But suddenly Delpo has hold point as Llodra returns wide, but a double fault means deuce. But a break point as Llodra constructs a beautiful sliding volley! And a weak lob from Delpo sets up an easy volley at the net and Llodra has the set!
- - DEL POTRO 4-5 - A better game against the Delpo serve for Llodra, but the big Argentine still holds off 30. Llodra then holds to love though, meaning Delpo is serving to stay in the set.
- - DEL POTRO 3-4 - Another fiesty selection of DelPo returns, but Llodra shows great agility and movement to net for his age and holds to 30. Still with serve.
- - DEL POTRO 3-3 - Llodra holds far more convincingly than Del Potro, but after six the two remain level.
- - DEL POTRO 2-2 - A solid hold to 15 from Del Potro keeps things tight after four games.
- - DEL POTRO 1-2 - The Argentine holds his first service game but Llodra too remains in control of his own serve in the third.
- - DEL POTRO 0-1 - Llodra is made to work hard for the first service game but he does hold.
- - Delpo and Llodra are out hitting ahead of their match, which should start on Centre Court in 10 minutes or so.
- - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Del Potro leads this one 4-0, with all but three wins coming this season. Llodra has taken sets off DelPo before though, in Rome and Rotterdam this year. This match takes place after Murray and Janowicz are done.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1980|