|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||3||2||-||-|
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 6-2 – GAME SET MATCH! Djokovic begins strongly with another ace and another big first serve and an ace nets him three match points. Del Potro nets on the first and Djokovic is into the final for a second time to play either Roger Federer or Andy Murray. Thanks for joining us and log in again for the second semi final later on.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 5-2 – BREAK! Djokovic nets on the opening point and follows with yet another unsuccessful drop shot attempt, one of several that he has netted in this match. Finally he finds one and Del Potro can’t get there. More running that Del Potro doesn’t need at this stage. Djokovic finds a forehand winner to draw level but gets tucked up with a good body serve. The Serb rallies to deuce and an unforced error brings another break point and he finds a forehand winner to surely seal things
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 4-2 – Djokovic follows a winning forehand with a tame netted backhand. A fantastic whipped topspin forehand winner brings up two game points and Del Potro hits long to put Djokovic within two games of the match. New balls.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 3-2 – Djokovic looks on fire now, threading a backhand down the line. Del Potro responds with an ace up the middle but throws in an untimely double fault but benefits from a lucky net cord although Djokovic will feel he should have done better with his attempted drop shot. A big first serve and forehand winner keeps Del Potro in touch.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 3-1 – Djokovic looks rejuvenated by that break, racing to 40-0 with big hitting of his own and he consolidates the break with a good first serve.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 2-1 – BREAK! Del Potro fires a forehand just wide on the opening point and misses the same line again by inches again to go 0-30 down. A fantastic return forces three break points and a whipped forehand winner puts the Serb in control of the match. He has won seven of the last nine games now.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 1-1 – Djokovic outlasts Del Potro to win the opening rally but then nets a regulation backhand. Two more unforced errors form the Del Potro racket follow and a lovely Djokovic backhand winner levels up the game score.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 0-1 – Del Potro does well to put the disappointment of losing the second set behind him, rounding off a love service game with an ace. Good start.
- Djokovic 4-6 6-3 – SET! Every point now seems close and Del Potro wins the first as Djoko hits long. The Argentine then nets but forces the error with a penetrating forehand into the corner to apply pressure at 15-30. A big serve pulls the Serb level and he reaches set point as Del Potro drifts a backhand long. A forehand then goes long and we have a decider on our hands. Del Potro lopes to the chair looking exhausted.
- Djokovic 4-6 5-3 – BREAK! Del Potro looks to be tiring a little after all his efforts, hitting long on the opening point. He musters a huge serve to get level but hits another ball long then nets to concede two break points. Djokovic screams in frustration at netting on the first but Del Potro then does likewise and the break is there. Djokovic to serve for the set.
- Djokovic 4-6 4-3 – Del Potro skies an attempted pass way out of court but Djokovic then hits a very makeable backhand well wide. Another mistake from the Del Potro racket, smash put away and big serve and Djokovic is back ahead again. Very tense set now a break apiece.
- Djokovic 4-6 3-3 – Another huge forehand 103 mph forehand winner gets Del Potro up and running and a cute drop shot and big serve gets him to 40-0. He nets on the first game point but a big serve puts him level in the set again. New balls out.
- Djokovic 4-6 3-2 – Djokovic looks a new man, out rallying Del Potro in the opening exchanges. A cute drop shot get the Argentine back in the game but Djokovic creeps back ahead again with an ace.
- Djokovic 4-6 2-2 – BREAK! Del Potro continues to go for his shots, another huge forehand finding its mark in the corner to force the early error. But Djokovic rallies well to edge ahead in the game and he forces a rare Del Potro mistake to bring up two break points of his own. Another forehand winner and a booming ace averts the danger but Djokovic rallies to earn two more break points and he converts the second as Del Potro nets. Write off Djoko at your peril.
- Djokovic 4-6 1-2 – BREAK! Del Potro again has Djokovic on the back foot on his own serve, forcing successive errors to win the opening two points. Another pounding rally from the Argentine forces three more break points and he wins the rally of the match with another booming forehand to take a grip on the match.
- Djokovic 4-6 1-1 – Del Potro races to 30-0 before throwing in a double fault but consolidates with another massive forehand. He nets before taking the game with another big forehand.
- Djokovic 4-6 1-0 – BIG HOLD! Del Potro starts with a topspin lob winner but nets a makeable forehand pass. Another lob finds the baseline and the Serb tries a through the legs shot that goes horribly wrong. A double fault puts the Serb deep in trouble at double break point down but he digs deep to get back to deuce with a forehand volleyed winner. A second ace gets the Serb game point but again makes two more unforced errors to concede another break point before gamely hanging on.
- Djokovic 4-6 – SET! Del Potro wins a long opening rally with a crunching forehand winner and follows it up with a big ace out wide. Djokovic horrible mistimes a backhand wide and a backhand winner takes the game to love and with it the set. Pressure on Djokovic big time here.
- Djokovic 4-5 – BREAK! Djokovic can’t seem to get on top of Del Potro and makes another unforced error to start the game. He responds with an ace of his own but Del Potro scores with the shot of the match, a brilliant running forehand pass to apply more pressure. More solid hitting forces another error and Del Potro earns two more break points and he gets the crucial break as Djokovic nets a forehand.
- Djokovic 4-4 – Djokovic turns the screw and Del Potro hits long before two big serves, including an ace, edges him ahead. More big hitting from the Argentine and we’re level again.
- Djokovic 4-3 – BIG HOLD! A big return rushes Djokovic into a mistake but two big serves, including a first ace, and a forehand winner get him to 40-15. The Serb nets a regulation forehand then hits just wide as the game goes to deuce. A terribly misjudged smash that hits the ground before the net concedes a first break point but Djokovic digs deep to win a long rally then fires down an ace. The Serb hits long as the game goes to deuce again but Djokovic hangs tough to hold with a forehand winner
- Djokovic 3-3 – Del Potro opens with another huge forehand winner up the line and an excellent body serve that Djokovic can’t get back. Continuing to go for his shots, Del Potro hits wide but he finds an excellent pass to gain two game points. He nets on the first but Djokovic does likewise and we’re level again.
- Djokovic 3-2 – Djokovic has Del Potro on the run on the opening point, eventually forcing the error. The big Argentine then tamely nets a backhand but makes no mistake on a tricky backhand smash. Two more netted shots and Djoko holds comfortably again.
- Djokovic 2-2 – As Djokovic did to start the last game, Del Potro puts away an easy smash but Djokovic forces the issue and scores with one of his own. A big serve up the middle edges Del Potro ahead again and Djokovic misses a rare overhead before Del Potro holds with a forehand winner.
- Djokovic 2-1 – Djoko scores with two overhead smashes and a forehand winner to race to 40-0 and rounds off an easy love hold with an ace.
- Djokovic 1-1 – BIG HOLD – Djokovic wins a long opening exchange as Del Potro hooks a forehand out. Huge hitting from the Argentine restores parity but he then tamely nets a good return and a penetrating backhand up the line forces two break points. A big first serve saves the first of them and a massive forehand winner the second. The game goes to a second deuce after another Djokovic forehand winner but Del Potro crucially holds on.
- Djokovic 1-0 – Djokovic starts confidently with a whipped forehand winner and big first serve that Del Potro can only bunt into the net. Djoko scores with another big first serve before three uncharacteristic unforced errors take the game to deuce. Another forehand winner and Del Potro error gives Djokovic the game.
- Djokovic to serve. Off we go!
14.25 - Djokovic has won the toss and has elected to serve first. The confident thing to do.
14.20 - The players are walking out to the usual funky music through dry ice. It has changed from The Clash’s ‘London’s Calling’ for the first time this year for a more modern disco beat.
14.10 - Djokovic has a 6-2 winning head-to-head against Del Potro, winning the most recent encounter being a straight sets victory in the quarter final of the US Open. Del Potro’s last win came in the London Olympics Bronze Medal match. We should be in for a cracker here. The match is moments away.
14.05 - Djokovic has been in cruise control so far this week, winning all of his Group A matches against Jo –Wilfred Tsonga, Andy Murray and Tomas Berdych. Del Potro has had a tougher route through to the semi final and he needed victory over Roger Federer on Saturday to make the final four. Read the match report here.
14.00 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the first semi final of the ATP World Tour Finals from London’s O2 Arena as world number one Novak Djokovic takes on Juan Martin Del Potro. The match is due to start at 14.15 GMT.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|