|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - It is announced that, in winning in straight sets, Federer does indeed qualify for the semi-finals. I'll be back tonight for the match between Juan Martin Del Potro and Janko Tipsarevic. In the meanwhile, Tweet away @reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6(5) - GAME SET AND MATCH! Federer back on serve so he still has match point, and his delivery out wide is spooned long by Ferrer. Fed stretches his record v Ferrer to 14-0, with the Spaniard only taking four sets in that time.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-6 (6-5) - Ferrer prevents a second mini-break as he drags Fed to net before powering a drive that the Swiss volleys long past a ducking Spaniard. 4-3. Fed back on serve though and a fantastic ball out wide is returned just long. The umpire expected a challenge but Ferrer says no. ACE and Fed has defended the mini-break to earn match points x3 from 6-3! He spurns the first with a weak forehand to net, and Ferrer saves the second with a cool angled drive to the left.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-6 (4-2) - First blood to Ferrer as Fed hits long but the the Spaniard mis-hits a backhand well wide and it's 1-1. But Ferrer takes a lovely rally with a cool angled forehand down the left. Fed on serve now and, after a risky second serve off the line, he pounds a forehand drive off the baseline. 2-2. ACE for 3-2, Ferrer back on serve. Crushing return catches Ferrer out as he nets a backhand, and Fed has a mini-break at the changeover.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-6 - Rotten start to this vital service game for Ferrer as he double-faults. And the he sends a overhit, wild forehand long and it's 0-30!! First serve to net, but the second allows him to build a baseline rally, from which Fed now goes long. Good serve down the middle by Ferrer, Fed barely able to touch it. And another that Fed returns to net, 40-30, and a good hold in the end as Fed sends a forehand on the run long. Tie-break time!!
- - Wolf-whistles abound as Fed changes shirts. Come on girls, leave it out.
- - This next changeover sees some ATP/Barclays advertising replace the trashy Europop, which is a small mercy of sorts. Will Fed break again now to win it, or do we have a tie-breaker? Let me know what you think on Twitter, @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-5 - Fed finds nice width on his forehands as Ferrer nets a backhand from deep for 30-0. But a misplaced forehand gives Ferrer a route back in when Fed really should have gone 40, which he does next point after successive volleys catch a stranded Ferrer. Fed holds as Ferrer returns long. Ferrer again serving to stay in the match.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-5 - Ferrer has to hold serve here and he starts well enough with a fine winner off a stranded Fed. But a double fault follows... Then a nice forehand winner down the line, diagonal and true. 30-15. Smart serve next that Fed can't work with, and Ferrer holds by flashing a lovely backhand volley after a zippy exchange of baseline blows.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-4 - Easy hold for Federer as for the first time today he shows his usual level of serving. Forehand pass on the run seals it to love and Ferrer serves to stay in the match.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-4 – ...Ferrer holds in the end as Fed can’t get anything on that next serve.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-3 – Ferrer overhits a forehand well wide and it's 0-15. A wonderful baseline rally from both men sees Ferrer go long. He challenges, but it was clearly long and HawkEye proves it. Fed's reading of the game is fantastic, he's already gliding into position before Ferrer has struck the ball. Ferrer pulls one back, before some fool yells 'Roger' as he was about to release second serve. Mercifully Roger pulls a forehand wide and it's 30-30. The umpire warns the tourettes sufferers...
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-3 – Ferrer nets an attempt to backhand down the line and it's 40-0, but an angled drive catches Fed off guard to pull one back. Fed still holds easily enough as Ferrer goes long after an inch-perfect backhand floated off the line.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-3 – Some lovely forehands from Fed, but he switches to the backhand as Ferrer approaches the net, before guiding a lovely volley clear. Ferrer responds with a cool pass after tempting Fed in with a drop shot, and after Fed nets a weak backhand, the Spaniard holds to 15 as the Swiss sends a second-serve return long.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-2 – Lovely volley from Fed to level at 15 after Ferrer seemed to have beaten him with a fierce drive. Ferrer gets his angles wrong as he sends a wannabe winner wide of the line and a booming forehand from Fed brings up two game points. Easy hold in the end as he guides a backhand diagonally off the left baseline.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-2 – A backhand return from Federer lands just long for 30-15 and Ferrer works his forehand before Federer spanks a backhand winner down the line. Ferrer challenges… No, on the line, 30-30. And a double-fault for break point! The second serve clips the net! But saved as Fed nets a backhand, an error from the GOAT. Deuce. And another as he mis-hits one of his effortless backhands, and Ferrer holds as Fed returns long. Challenge… Twas in! Replay the point, but Fed nets anyway. Hold.
- - I can see Federer breaking again in this set, although he needs to be more consistent with his serving if he's to close this out in two. What do you reckon? Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-1 – A wild forehand from Fed brings 15-15. And now he sends his trusted backhand past the baseline and Ferrer smells a chance. Then some great retrieving from both men on a crowd-pleasing point, but Ferrer has to work harder to stay in it and eventually nets on his forehand. A lovely forehand pass from Fed that Ferrer nets earns game point, and Fed holds as Ferrer nets a double-hander.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-1 – Ferrer moves 30-0 on serve as Fed nets a lowish forehand. And a love hold for Ferrer, who has had a lot of joy on Fed's serve but can't take the key points.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-0 – Federer backhands one down the line for advantage, but Ferrer gets the better of him via the net for deuce again. After some delectable Fed backhands, Ferrer slices one wide, and the Swiss again saves multiple break points to hold as his drop shot is too much for Ferrer, who meets it on the run but only clips it wide.
- - FEDERER 6-4 0-0 – Fed goes long after a crowd-pleasing exchange and Ferrer is 30-15 up against the Fed serve. And now a wicked forehand passed down the line means he has two break points! Can he make them count? Not first time as Fed glides to net for an angled backhand volley. And deuce as Fed meets an underhit Ferrer lob with an overhead volley to the right baseline.
- - FEDERER 6-4 - SET FEDERER! A monster point to start this Ferrer service game sees the Spaniard loft one long from deep. Fed showing he can mix it with the best baseline retrievers. Now 0-30 as Ferrer finds a Fed bullet too hot to handle, and we have THREE SET POINTS as Ferrer sends a poor backhand wide! TAKEN as Fed switches from a series of backhands to a spinning forehand that a leaning Ferrer can only touch wide.
- - Ah the bad music returns as they change over. How do you think this will end? Ferrer has only taken four sets off Federer in 13 matches but he's coming mighty close here. Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - FEDERER 5-4 – Fed aces to 15-15 on what is now a crucial service game for him. He won't want to be pegged back again, but he sends one long and Ferrer has a sniff. But a second-serve forehand return lands wide, and we're level once more. Ferrer then nets as he moves in from the baseline, and Federer holds as the next rally sees the Spaniard hit long.
- - FEDERER 4-4 – A fantastic point off deuce as Ferrer somehow stays alive at the net, a Federer error with the Spaniard prone though as he flicks his passed volley to net. And Ferrer does hold as Federer lobs long following some brilliant retrieving by the Spaniard. Crucial save as Fed would have been serving for the set.
- - FEDERER 4-3 – Some calls from the crowd that can only be described as interesting as Ferrer moves to 30-15. Hush now children. Fed brings the next point to net and it’s 30-30 on the Ferrer serve as the Spaniard spins a backhand volley wide. And now some massive forehands from Roger, and he brings up break point as Ferrer sends one long! But Fed’s next forehand return, off a second serve, lands long. Deuce.
- - Apologies for the delay in commentary there, incredibly there was a brief death of internet - at the O2 Arena. Amazing really, given what O2 does.
- - FEDERER 4-3 – The opening game on Fed’s serve sees the Swiss construct a nice rally that Ferrer finally ends by going long. And a beautiful drop-shot by Fed brings up 40-0, with the love hold complete with a pinging serve out wide. Much more straightforward.
- - FEDERER 3-3 – Federer pegs Ferrer back to 30-30 but he backhands to net for game point to the Spaniard. Ferrer’s first serve is long and his second yields a rally that Fed bosses before Ferrer forehands to net for deuce. Great first serve sends Fed sprawling, and Ferrer does hold as Fed backhands to net. Massive hold for Ferrer.
- - FEDERER 3-2 – BREAK! Great stuff from Ferrer as he earns two break points as Federer again fails to find his range, or first serve. We’ve been here before. The first is saved though, Ferrer backhanding to net, but via an unsuccessful challenge, Fed goes long again and we have the break back!
- - FEDERER 3-1 – Ferrer, eager to get Fed back on serve after seriously testing him every time so far, blasts the Swiss away with a love hold.
- - FEDERER 3-0 – After saving three break points again, Federer holds as Ferrer’s forehand across court lands wide. What a hold.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - This is an epic game and Ferrer has another break point as Fed underhits his backhand to net. Second serve now but a backhand return across court from Ferrer lands wide. Deuce. A rally ensues and, as Ferrer tries to take it in, he nets. Advantage Federer, but after some great retrieving from Ferrer, Fed goes long and we're back to deuce. Monster forehand return by Ferrer and another break point! Saved with a mighty forehand across court off the line!!
- - FEDERER 2-0 - Advantage Fed as a brave second serve down the middle catches Ferrer on the spin, his backhand return well wide, but he double-faults back to deuce! Very un-Fed. And, again after failing to get his first serve in, a Fed backhand strays long and break point comes up once more! The umpire calls Ferrer's forehand off the right baseline out, Ferrer challenges and it was in! Replay the point, poor from the umpire as it was clearly in. Second serve return forehanded to net. Deuce again.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - After giving Ferrer a workout off the Fed backhand, the switch to forehand doesn't pay off for Roger as his drop-shot lands wide. Then Ferrer goes long with a mis-hit forehand, and Roger delivers an ACE for 30-15. Fed comes to net on the next point but his third volley is on the stretch and Ferrer's persistence sees him level. Ferrer with an error though as he slices one just wide, but he scrambles to deuce with a flashing backhand winner down the line!
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK! An Englishman's voice screams "come on Roger!" with a call for David by a woman almost an afterthought. Some bright spark asks for Tim, now Andy. Deary me. Shhhh. Anyway Ferrer starts his first service game nicely enough, but Fed bites back and crushes a forehand winner to the left baseline for 30-30. And Ferrer double faults, both serves to net, for break point!! TAKEN as, off second serve, Ferrer spins a forehand long. An unforced error. Hand it to Fed, why don't you?
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer saved the second break point too as a better serve down the middle allows him to control the point before volleying clear, and he takes it to deuce with a fantastic winner beyond Ferrer, landing just in after some very testing exchanges. And now Ferrer goes long with a forehand, advantage Fed, who holds as his forehand off the line is met but only to net by Ferrer. Federer saved three break points there!!
- - FEDERER 0-0 - Federer overhits a forehand just wide as his first service point leads to the kind of baseline exchange Ferrer thrives on. And now Fed nets a backhand after more good work from deep by the Spaniard, 0-30! And now three break points as an identical error to that which started the match sees Fed spin a forehand wide on the left! He has to go to second serve too but this time the length baseline exchance sees Ferrer net. First break point saved.
14:05 - @qvako: "If Ferrrer can somehow win the first set, I`ll believe he can defeat Fed for the first time."; @Majid_Karami: "same here. Fed in two sets." - make your predictions on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
14:00 - They're out now and, with Ferrer winning the toss, Roger will serve. A huge applause for the legendary Swiss.
13:55 - So how do you reckon this match will go? Ferrer is in great form though with seven tournament wins this year, including in Paris last week. But Fed is arguably the best indoors - ever - and he has never lost to the Spaniard. I say Fed in straight sets, what do you think? Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
13:50 - HEAD TO HEAD: It doesn’t make great reading for Ferrer, who has not beaten Federer in 13 attempts. The Spaniard made light of the stat after beating Del Potro on Tuesday, but he does seem to be the “best of the rest”, able to dismiss everyone outside the top four but not quite up to the others’ standard (apart from on clay, of course, although he hasn’t even beaten Fed on the red stuff). Their last match was in Madrid, on clay, this season, Fed winning 6-4 6-4.
13:45 - In theory this should be the decider of the group winner, but of course that is dependent on tonight’s match between Juan Martin Del Potro and Janko Tipsarevic, and the final round of matches. Federer beat Tipsy in straight sets, so a straight-sets win would all-but guarantee his progress here, but still not 100% if Del Potro thrashes both Tipsy and Fed.
13:40 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the second round of Group B matches at the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena in London. Roger Federer is up against David Ferrer, the second and fourth seeds, and it should start at around 2pm, dependent on the doubles finish.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|