|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
16:10 - Thanks for joining me for that match. I'll be back later with live coverage from the O2 as Andy Murray looks to seal his place in the semis - but he has to get past Jo-Wilfried Tsonga first. Join me for that at 7.45pm, and in the meanwhile catch me on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 7-6 6) – GAME SET AND MATCH! The first set point is saved by a good serve out wide, the second as Berdych launches a diving forehand wide. Still one set point and he’s on serve… SAVED! That serve could have been an ace but Nole is a marvellous returner and found incredible pace on that, the Czech only able to net. 6-6. And with Nole back on serve Berdych puts one wide and it’s match point!! Taken as Berdych returns long!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-6 (6-3) – More mini-break joy for Berdych as he crushes a fine winner past a stranded Nole. Mixture of Serb, Czech and English being yelled from the stands now. Berdych returns long and Nole is 2-5. Berdych nets a slapped forehand though as Nole finds some great angles on his groundstrokes. But an ACE out wide for set point! Nole challenges… Call stands! 6-3!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-6 (4-1) – Fine groundstrokes by Berdych start things off, allowing him to volley wide of the Serb. And a lovely backhand volley turns into a killer drop shot as Berdych nonchalantly flicks it off the line for a mini-break! Wonderful point. And another mini-break as Nole’s lob is reached by a scrambling Berdych, whose powerful drive catches Nole flat-footed! 3-0. Can he back them up? Double fault! I think that’s the first of the match. Oops. He keeps one as Nole nets a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-6 – Now it’s Nole’s turn to stay alive as it were and it pays off as a pounding baseline rally ends with Berdych netting a forehand on the run as he tried to bring it to net. 40-30 and Djokovic holds to force the tie-break after launching an ACE down the middle.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-6 – Djokovic serving to force a second-set tie-break, and he unleashes a 122 serve down the middle to buy space for a forehand drive. 15-0. But he misses on a double-backhand to the baseline, before Berdych smacks a fantastic winner on the run after somehow staying in that point, Nole's rush to net not quite paying off. But a rotten forehand miss for Berdych levels. That was a foot wide and he’s furious with himself. 30-30.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-6 – Berdych follows one fine first serve with a weak second, but Nole’s backhand winner is wide of the line. Just. No challenge. None at all so far actually, but now Nole challenges the next serve that saw him stranded as his return was passed clear – great challenge, was wide. Second serve, but Nole returns long anyway. And Berdych holds to love as his smart wide serve creates space for the forehand drive. So either a third set or a tie-break!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-5 – A double-handed Nole backhand drifts wide for 0-15. Fantastic serve out wide levels. And another such delivery sees Berdych connect but send it wide, Nole smashing it away anyway, and Nole does brilliantly to meet a crushing Berdych forehand, ultimately winning the point as the Czech nets. Good hold in the end as the Czech returns wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-5 – A lofted return allows Berdych to power in a forehand drive; Djokovic does really well to stay alive in the next point but drifts a forehand long; Berdych’s turn to miss as he nets a forehand of his own, as does Nole on the next point, a long exchange. Lovely second-serve return down the line though for 40-30, but Berdych holds as he powers one into the body. Nole serves to stay in the second.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-4 – An ACE from Djokovic to start this service game. And a 121er out wide that Berdych returns wide for 30, followed by a second ACE this game. Almost another but a belated call forces second serve, and while Berdych had good length and power and lovely backhand drop shot floats an inch over the net before dropping dead. Love hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-4 – Nole misses a drop shot after coming to net in an attempt to shorten the longer points, which are starting to favour big-hitting Berdych, the next of which sees the Serb pump a forehand long. The next baseline exchange sees a bad miss from the Berd, overhitting long and wide, but a leaning Nole responds in kind and Berdych holds to 15 with a crisp serve out wide that Djokovic returns long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-3 – Fantastic point again from both men which Djokovic shades as his forehand cross courter lands on the line. 30-0. ACE. And Nole completes a love hold as his serve out wide pins Berdych back, allowing an angled drive into space.
- - The more even second set lives through the stats - Berdych has managed to land 57% of his first serves, 10 shy of Nole, and has won 75% of them, 10 more than Nole. Compare that to the 74-48 and 61-31 from the first set... FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-3 - ... Which brings up a break point for Djokovic that Berdych saves with an ACE! Now game point with a lovely scooped pass off the left baseline, but Berdych with another unforced error as he sends a forehand long. But, in the end, Berdych manages to hold with a fierce drive to the right after Nole was stranded.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-2 - Lovely Djoko drop catches Berd on the run for 15-15. Some cracking tennis being played by both men now. The longest rally of the match is ended by Berdych though as Nole goes long, full width of court used nicely by both men, but Nole continues his pattern of winning the second-serve points as another fine rally ends, this time Berdych missing a forehand drive. The points are lengthening as some lovely retrieving from both men goes Nole's way as Berd misses a forehand....
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-2 - BREAK BACK! First blood to Berdych, whose spinning backhand catches Nole out, just unable to clear the net with his. And Nole pumps a backhand long for 0-30! Great serve out wide though, Berdych's long arms allowing him to connect but well wide. Lovely point follows, Nole getting lucky off the net but both men doing brilliantly until Berdych rushes for a cool, passed volley to space. Two break points!! TAKEN as Nole volleys wide after some super baseline bullets from Berdych!
- - Edwyn Collins at the changeover. Nice.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-1 - BREAK! Fine first serve from Berdych, 129 again, shows when he does connect he's almost unplayable, Nole one of the best two returners but unable to do anything with it. Another miss from Berd though, spooning a forehand long for 15-15. And another miss from the Czech, spinning one across court and wide, and a cool pass from Nole after he dictated the rally from deep brings up two break points! He goes long to lose the first, but takes the second thanks to another miss, wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-1 - Djokovic ACES his way to 40-0, showing Berdych the important of landing one;s first serve - before netting his next one. But Berd returns it a yard or two long and it's a love hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 0-1 - Berdych on serve again and he belts into a 30-0 lead before Djokovic catches him staggering with an angled forehand off the left baseline. Nole backhands into the net though, a Berdych-esque miss with respect to the first set, and the Czech - who has a lot of supporters here today - holds with a brutal serve that Nole barely touches.
- - How about these stats: Djokovic has landed 74% of his first serves, winning 75% of those. Berdych has landed 48%, winning 75%. The first serve proves key, also Nole has won 67% of his second-serve points with Berd on just 31.
- - A comfortable first set for Djokovic, who is playing pretty well, while Berdych is making too many errors from his preferred baseline position. Any way back for the Berd? Not in my view, Nole wants first place and to avoid Federer in the semis. Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 - SET! Berdych's first forehand return lands long, and then a heavy hit from Djokovic threatens to do so but makes it. A crushing forehand crosscourt winner brings up three set points, but a fine return off the baseline drops at his feet, Nole netting to drop the first. A switch from left to right from Nole's baseline drives means Berdych is leaning into his next shot and he goes long for the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Game point Berdych as Djokovic shanks a forehand return to net, and the Czech holds as another 129mph first serve sees Nole return long. Djokovic forced to serve for the set then.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Berdych serving to stay in the first set and he starts well enough as Nole hits a weak return to net. An exchange of meaty forehand drives is won by Berdych's powerful effort off the left baseline. Berdych looks bemused after letting something distract him into pushing Nole's next return wide, I think he thought he heard a call, and a savage Nole return off second serve is pumped long but an off-guard Berdych for 30-30.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Fiery start from Berdych, who dictates the point from deep before rushing in with a driven forehand pass. But a swerving serve catches him short and Nole levels before edging ahead with a cool pass of his own. A wide-ish serve sees Berdych return even wider, although Nole gifts him a weak backhand to net. But Djokovic backs up his second break with a hold to 30 with a lovely disguised forehand pass after Berdych thought he'd got him with the drop shot!
- - Djokovic very much in control already, which is good news for Andy Murray, who would just need to beat Tsonga without worrying about dropping a set if Nole dominates this. Can Berdych come back from this? Let me know on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - BREAK! Fantastic switch by Nole to edge ahead once more with a cute pass off the right baseline. A sliced Nole backhand fools Berdych, who was expecting another baseliner, and he nets his response. 0-30. Good solid 129mph first serve pulls one back, and a backhand miss from Djoko levels. Then a big-hitting rally from both men shows Nole can mix it with the power-merchant, who sends one long for break point! But another miss, scooping a forehand long, and Nole breaks!
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Successive forehand misses now from Berdych, who goes from break point to advantage Nole, with the Serb takes after doing brilliantly to meet a crushing Berdych forehand with one of his own that the Czech nets. He defends the break under pressure.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic overcooks a backhand of his own and drops the first point. And his forehand lets him down next as his next response to a decent Berdych return hits the net and lands out! He opens up a fine diagonal forehand though that Berdych slides into, netting. 15-30. Fantastic serve out wide to level, an ACE. But, after a half-decent second-serve return, an off-balance Nole skews a forehand pass well wide. Break point! Saved as Berdych underhits a forehand to net.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - BREAK! A crisp Djokovic return sees Berdych go long with a rising effort and we have break point no.4 in this game... This time it's taken as Berdych undercooks a double-handed backhand from deep into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Djokovic stays in a rally that Berdych initially controls with his heavy forehand but eventually the Czech nets as Nole finds some nice topspin. A similar point follows and we're at 0-30 already. Now the Czech works Nole's backhand before switching to the left baseline - with the Serb meeting it with a fierce crosscourt winner just shy of the line! Three break points... The first is saved as Djokovic returns long, as is the second. And the third, off a slow second serve too. Deuce
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Nole's first serve forces a twisting Berych into a weak backhand that the world no.1 volleys clear. Big Berd's next return lands long, while his next one goes about two yards. Djokovic holds to love with an ace down the middle.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 - The match gets underway with Berdych to serve first. Djokovic gets some meat on the lengthy return but he overcooks a pair of baseline efforts, one drifting long. Next return is to net, 30-0. Contrasting fortunes off the net as Berdych's effort lands just short of Nole, whose response also touches cord but ends up wide. Some great backhands follow from the Serb, one of which flashes down the line. But Berdych holds to 15 with a fine approach volley.
14:25 - @_g10_ :"I hope they serve up an ace encounter, love." - any more cheap gags, send them my way on Twitter @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
14:20 - Berdych strides on first, followed by a rapturous reception for world number one Novak Djokovic.
14:15 - The doubles are done and we are waiting for Novak Djokovic and Tomas Berdych to make their boxing-style entrance. Should be underway in 10-15 minutes.
- - How do you reckon this match will finish, and who will qualify from this group? I think Djokovic wins and is joined by Murray in the semis, which is hardly a controversial tip is it. Let me know what YOU think by Tweeting me @Reda_Eurosport. FOLLOW ON TWITTER!
- - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Guess what – Djokovic leads this one 10-1, with Berdych’s only win coming in his famous run to the Wimbledon final in 2010. Hard to look past the Serb here. Berdych has taken sets off Nole in about half their defeats.
- - PERMUTATIONS: Djokovic will go through if he loses in three sets and a win will guarantee him first place in the group, thus avoiding Roger Federer in the semis. Berdych, meanwhile, needs to win, but even that would not guarantee him progress if Murray beats Tsonga in straight sets. Even defeat could see him through, provided he gets a set and Tsonga beats Murray in straights. And Nole isn’t 100% through – if he loses in straights, and Murray wins easily, again games won decides it. Phew.
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the ATP World Tour Finals Group A match between world number one Novak Djokovic and fifth seed Tomas Berdych, starting no earlier than 1.45pm and likely just after 2pm UK time.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|