|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH DJOKOVIC 6-3 - Tsonga's misery is complete as he is broken for a second time in the set. Should have won the first set, was never at the races in the second set. Djokovic will top Group A after the first round of matches. 26 errors by Tsonga to 17 from Djokovic. Djokovic winning two out of three break points, Tsonga with none.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Now 16 straight points on serve for Djokovic against a figure who can't seem to lay a glove on the world number one. Not sure this match is going to be remembered beyond this evening. Tsonga toiling badly to win a point on the Djokovic serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Djokovic certainly appears to be paying more attention to his service game than Tsonga as the French player is granted more room to breathe in holding to love. We remain with the one break in the serve. Tsonga throwing down a 144mph serve for his second ace of the night there.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Now 12 straight points on serve for the Serbian player. Seemingly cruising to this victory. Under little or no pressure on serve. It is all coming up rosy for Djokovic. Two more service games like that will do the trick.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - At least Tsonga has not given up the ghost. Continues to battle hard. Won the first three points of that game. Lost the next two before seeing out the business in hand. More pertinently, has to make some kind of impression on the Djokovic service game or this contest is finished.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - No sweat for Djokovic again on serve. Puts a lot of concentration into getting a decent proportion of first serves in and is rewarded with a comfortable hold. An eighth straight point now for Djokovic on serve. Well in command of this situation it would seem.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - A love game from Tsonga which is a rare oasis for the Frenchman as matters threatened to get out of hand in this second set. Djokovic almost waiting for his own service game to appear on the horizon.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - Tsonga being forced to do a lot of defending, and the brilliance of Djokovic is good enough to eke out a point from 30-30 as an approach shot down the line is followed by a winning volley. Tsonga just fails with a lob seconds later as his opponent cements the break. Vital that Tsonga doesn't fall two breaks down here.
- - BREAK DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic staves off a break point in the opening game of the second set with a winning overhead at the net before a brilliant Djokovic return brings up another break point. Tsonga starts to misfire as he drills a forehand wide of the mark going for broke and Djokovic breaks for the first time in this contest.
- - SET DJOKOVIC 7-6 - Djokovic cements the early mini-break as he forces a backhand error from Tsonga, who knocks the ball into the net. Some brilliant defensive work by Djokovic carries the world number one 4-1 ahead. Djokovic just fails with an attempted lob as the score moves to 4-3 in favour of Djokovic. A couple of well-placed serves gives Djokovic three set points. Tsonga knocks another ball wide, and that will be that. Not the greatest of stuff, but Djoker has the lead.
- - 6-6 - Djokovic quickly out to 30-0 before he follows in a hefty first serve to stick away a winning backhand volley. Djokovic knocks a return long seconds later. Not a huge surprise to confirm the news that it is tie-break time to settle this first set. Perhaps more important for Tsonga to win this than Djokovic the way the set has worked out.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-5 - Djokovic has not been at his best in this set, and is forced to dodge another bullet with another big serve enabling him to deny Tsonga another chance to break. Tsonga slides a sliced backhand long seconds later, and the favourite leads 6-5. Whatever is happening this evening, Djokovic continues to play the big points well.
- - 5-5 - Tsonga running into a few problems leading 40-30. Allowed to replay the point after a call falls in his favour before Djokovic slaps a forehand into the net. Good game to escape from for the Frenchman and we are all level at 5-5.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Both players just easing through these games. Not much of great interest happening, but that won't matter to Djoker as he moves one game away from the opening set. Needs to find a break of serve, but you would never put it past such a figure. Dangerous moments for Tsonga.
- - 4-4 - This match all level again in the opening set. Tsonga refusing to buckle despite the disappointment of failing to get the break that much of his play has probably merited. Tsonga has won 92 percent of serves on first serve. Once again Tsonga draws level. No fireworks as yet on Guy Fawkes night.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Tsonga playing some really intelligent stuff to force another break point out of Djokovic, but he can't cash his chips in as the forehand from deep just misses the line. That was a winner all the way. So unfortunate. Tsonga tucks a forehand into the net seconds later as an air of relief mists over the head of Djokovic. Some big hitting by Djokovic sees Tsonga spray a forehand long. Djoker gets ahead again.
- - 3-3 - Seven out of seven points won on first serve by Tsonga. Tsonga pressing Djokovic back and he does enough to prompt the mistake from Djoker, who knocks the backhand out of the court to enable Tsonga to level. Fairly dominant stuff from both men on these service games so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Djokovic races through another service game like there is nobody on the other side of the net. Much more like it from the top seed, who is finally starting to rise to the occasion. Djokovic throws in his first ace for good measure. He is ahead by the odd game in five.
- - 2-2 - Tsonga comes up with an athletic winner across court courtesy of a forehand brimming with lead. As the clock strikes 8.30pm, Tsonga continues to move the ball around the court before converting a volley as Djokovic is left stranded near the net. All level now.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - 13 minutes gone, and we remain on serve here. Neither man has made an ace or a double fault yet. Djokovic with a comfortable enough hold to 30. Interesting to see if Tsonga can continue to live with his opponent in these rallies.
- - 1-1 - Djokovic trying to make his presence felt on the return of serve, but he can't force matter to deuce as Tsonga recovers level the first set at 1-1. Vital that Tsonga keeps a grip on his serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic races out to 40-0 only for Tsonga to recover to deuce. Djokovic dumps one backhand into the net from deep at 40-0 before going long as the score reaches 40-30. Tsonga wins an epic rally of 29 strokes as Djokovic knocks a ball long before drilling a backhand into the net to hand Tsonga advantage. Djokovic gets a spot of good luck with a net chord just dropping over. Tsonga slides a forehand wide before knocking a return long. Djoker relieved to hold in the end.
0-0 - Djokovic to serve in the opening game of the match.
20:00 - Djokovic with an 8-5 lead in the head-to-heads between the two men. Djokovic came out on top in the final of the China Open in their last meeting on a hard court last month in Beijing.
19:58 - "It is very important for both of us to start well. We have to focus on a good start, and try our best," says Djokovic, who has won the past six meetings between the men.
19:39 - Andy Murray made a slow start to the day as he dropped the first set against Tomas Berdych before winning the next two sets to complete a 2-1 win over the world number six. Read about that here... Murray overcomes Berdych to make winning start
19:33 - Good evening and welcome to LIVE coverage of Novak Djokovic against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga from the O2 in London in the second Group A match of the day. This match coming right up as soon as doubles match is finished. They are in a breaker to settle that. Players should start knocking up before 8pm.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|