No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Djokovic in the last four in Melbourne will be a clash with Spain's David Ferrer, who earlier beat Nicolas Almagro in a gruelling five-set contest. Thanks for joining us, and you can get in touch with your thoughts on the match via Twitter @Dan_Eurosport -
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 - DJOKOVIC WINS THROUGH TO THE SEMI-FINALS! He is pushed to deuce by a determined Berdych, but Djokovic produces two powerful first serves down the T to close out the match in four sets and secure his place in the semi-finals of the Australian Open for the fourth year in succession! It's a very fine win from the top seed, and he roars with his arms aloft as he clinches the win!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 5-4 - Credit to Berdych, who battles through from 15-15 to hold in determined fashion as he at least forces Djokovic to serve out for the match in the fourth set. The Serb battles away furiously in an attempt to snatch the match away prematurely, but Berdych has just enough to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 5-3 - Djokovic is utterly relentless as Berdych throws everything at his opponent but to no avail as he holds serve with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes and a serve down the T that clips the line! He is now just a game away from victory and a place in the semi-finals. Can Berdych at least hold to apply the pressure?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 4-3 - Berdych continues to battle extremely hard as he holds serve to 30 with three well-worked points to close it out after finding a big first serve. The Czech produces an emphatic smash down the line to take the game, but Djokovic remains just two holds away from a place in the last four.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 4-2 - Djokovic restores his two-game cushion as Berdych looks to be running out of time in this match. The Serb holds serve with relative ease, and he is finding his first serves with precision at the moment with Berdych having committed 42 unforced errors.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 3-2 - Djokovic is hugely disappointed as a hawkeye call goes against him at 30-15, and Berdych is relieved to come through another tough service game as he stays in touch with the top seed at just a break down. Can he challenge Djokovic on his opponent's serve now?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 3-1 - Djokovic has no problems in consolidating his break of serve as he drives a forehand down the line and manages to find two big serves outwide to pin his opponent back behind the baseline. Berdych has to find another gear, with his current approach just not troubling the Serb.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Djokovic looks to be in total control now as he bludgeons a forehand down the line and forces the break of serve with Berdych utterly frustrated with his inability to hold under pressure since the second set. Djokovic has the break and the clear advantage now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 1-1 - Brilliant rallying from Djokovic to go 30-0 up, sending his opponent all over the court before a forehand winner. An ace follows then a superb forehand drive which leaves Berdych standing. He levels and gets on the board at the first opportunity on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 0-1 - Berdych forces his way to 40-15 with two tremendous volleys at the net, and a solitary forehand passing shot cross court from Djokovic is not sufficient. Berdych drills a powerful volley, then a smash, to close out the game in emphatic fashion! Can he now challenge Djokovic on the top seed's serve?
- - Can you see any way back for Berdych now, or will Djokovic continue to run away with the match? Should Berdych continue to come into the net, or give up on that tactic? Get in touch with your thoughts and predictions via Twitter -
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 6-1 - SET! Djokovic is utterly clinical as he takes the third set in hugely convincing fashion, and Berdych is left shell-shocked as he trudges off to his chair. The world number one is back in control now, and Berdych has got to start the fourth set considerably sharper than he did the third if he is to take this match the distance.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 5-1 - Berdych belatedly gets on the board in the third set as he battles through to hold from 30-30, and Djokovic is absolutely gutted to lose even a single game! He now has the chance to serve out for the set, and Berdych will have to produce something very special if he is to compete.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 5-0 - This is a mauling in the third set as Djokovic racks up five games in the space of 19 minutes, and Berdych seems to have long since abandoned any hope of competing in this set. It's ruthless play from the world number one, but Berdych has been extremely flat since hauling himself back level in the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 4-0 - BREAK! It's all too easy for Djokovic in this third set as he breaks for a second successive game and establishes a hopelessly one-sided four-game cushion. Berdych lacks intensity after his exploits in the previous set, and he can only find three tame first serves as Djokovic breaks once more in clinical fashion. We've played just 17 minutes of this set!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 3-0 - Djokovic is rampant at the start of the third set as he consolidates his early break to assume a 3-0 lead, and he is utterly ruthless as he breezes through his service game with Berdych unable to challenge the world number one. He needs to arrest this slump and quickly! /// @Cazzykins86 believes Djokovic will win in five sets with Berdych making it very hard work for the top seed. What do others think?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic is immediately into his stride with a powerful forehand winner down the line, and an exquisite lob over Berdych's head to post two break points at 15-40. Berdych saves the first with a brutal forehand cross court, but he cannot stave off the pressure from Djokovic as the Serb breaks to open up a commanding early lead in the third set!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 1-0 - Djokovic composes himself after looking absolutely furious with how he allowed Berdych to close out the second set courtesy of two unforced errors, and he manages to settle down and complete a very solid service hold to love to begin the third.
- - Don't forget, this match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521) - and, of course, you can watch it on the Eurosport Player!
- - What do you make of that resurgence from Berdych to level up the match? Are you still backing Djokovic to come through in four, or five sets? Get in touch with your thoughts and predictions via Twitter -
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-6 -SET! It all goes wrong for Berdych as he slips to 0-30 with two tame first serves, which are surely as a result of a tentative, nervy mentality, and he slips to 15-40 as he plants an awful volley into the net with Djokovic off court. But he saves the first break point with a huge serve outwide, then the second with a forehand winner! He saves a third with an enormous serve at deuce, a fourth as Djokovic goes wide with a forehand, and he clinches the set to level up the match!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-5 - Djokovic drills a forehand down the line to back up a big serve outwide, and he moves swiftly to 40-15 with a precise first delivery down the T. He holds to again reduce the deficit, and Berdych will now attempt to serve out for the second set with new balls. It's a huge moment in the match, and Berdych must hold his composure under real pressure.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-5 - Djokovic is throwing everything at Berdych now in a desperate attempt to salvage something at the tailend of the set, but the fifth seed manages to hold with a bludgeoned forehand cross court to close it out. Berdych is battling valiantly to close out the set, and this is going to the wire.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-4 - In stark contrast to how hard Berdych is having to work on his serve, Djokovic breezes through a hold to love with consummate ease. The onus is all on Berdych's now to continue to hold serve, and Djokovic is intent on putting him under a tremendous amount of pressure.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-4 - Berdych plays, without doubt, the shot of the match so far as he sends a forehand scorching past Djokovic cross court for a clean winner, and the world number one is left stunned as he shakes his head in disbelief! The Czech closes out the game to hold, and he is having to play some exceptional tennis to remain in the lead in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-3 - The world number one blasts his 16th winner of the match with a fierce blow down the line after dragging Berdych outwide, and he holds once more to reduce the deficit. Berdych looks up to his box for some encouragement, and he continues to lead in this second set with the single break of serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-3 - Berdych will not be dictated to in this second set, and he trades blows with Djokovic from the back of the court, while managing to mix up his play very effectively with timely charges in to the net. He finds two big serves outwide as he holds to restore his two-game cushion.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-2 - Djokovic gets on the board belatedly in the second set as he battles through from an extended deuce to hold in determined fashion, and he's still just a single break behind as Berdych plants a forehand into the net to let his opponent off the hook. It's been a very bright start to the set from the Czech, but can he keep it up?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 0-2 - Berdych is really testing Djokovic all of a sudden as he adapts his game, approaches the net at every opportunity, and shakes the Serb out of his rhythm. He battles back from 15-30 with two well-worked rallies, and he closes out the hold with a clinical backhand volley down the line after drawing Djokovic outwide. We have a contest on our hands now!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 0-1 - BREAK! Berdych makes a determined and vastly improved start to the second set as he breaks Djokovic to get on the board immediately, and he moves in court with two ferocious forehand winners as he successfully changes his approach to good effect. Can he now consolidate his early break?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! Berdych moves to 30-15 with a forehand winner down the line, but he is forced to drive a tame forehand into the net under pressure from Djokovic. The Serb hammers a backhand down the line after a well-worked point to post a set point at 30-40, and he comfortably takes it with a forehand cross court as Berdych slips tamely to a set down! This is all too easy for Djokovic, who is coasting in this match. Berdych must change his approach and sharpen up his approach play.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Djokovic is rampant as he moves to within a game of the first set, and he slams a powerful forehand down the line for a clean winner to close it out with Berdych looking up to his box! Berdych has already committed seven unforced errors, and Djokovic is able to close out another hold with alarming ease. Can he at least hold to make Djokovic serve out for the set?
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - BREAK! There's a double break now as Berdych runs helplessly behind the baseline, retrieving, and Djokovic is able to dictate every rally. As Stepanek said prior to the match, Berdych has to try different things, move in court and shake Djokovic out of his rhythm, but he hasn't done so far. It's all too easy for the Serb early on.
- - @BardDave says "Come on Berdych. Make it a long match and get Novak angry." How many sets do you predict this match will go to? Djokovic is incredibly dominant early on.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - After 16 minutes, Djokovic leads 3-1 as he moves swiftly to 40-15 with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and he plays Berdych all over the court with a teasing final rally to close out the hold, finishing with a crisp backhand cross court. Berdych is already shrugging his shoulders, and he has to just hang in there at this early stage.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - BREAK! It's a sloppy start to the game from the Czech as he plants a tame backhand into the net after advancing in court, and he has to fend off his opponent with a big serve outwide to save a break point at 30-40. Djokovic refuses to let his opponent off the hook as he crushes a forehand down the line for a clean winner at deuce, and Berdych is unable to come through as the Serb breaks in ruthless fashion to seize the early control!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - The top seed wastes no time in racing through his opening service game with an incredibly comfortable hold to love. Berdych is unable to challenge at all, and both players establish themselves on serve to open up the first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 - Berdych moves swiftly to 30-0 with a fierce forehand cross court, before cannoning another into the net to let Djokovic back in. But the fifth seed comes through to close out a comfortable hold and get on the board at the start of the match.
- - Okay, we are all set for the start of this match, and it will be Berdych to serve first. "Play!"
- - The two players make their way out on court at the Rod Laver Arena, and they receive a huge ovation. Both are wearing white shirts and blue shorts, with Berdych sporting yellow shoes so bright it's worth avoiding focusing on them too intently.
- - Djokovic famously played back-to-back five-set matches to win the Australian Open last year, so we know he can do it. He said after his epic win over Wawrinka: "In the end, these kind of matches, after five hours, definitely help your confidence. These are the matches that you live for. It's incredible." So we're not thinking for a second that he will be at all jaded.
- - When Wawrinka faced Djokovic in the fourth round, he came forward 58 times for a return of 40 points. Stepanek approached the net 67 times. What will Berdych's strategy be? /// @Serpeker from Turkey is right behind Berdych today. Who are you backing?
- - But remember, the man Djokovic beat in his third-round match in three sets, Radek Stepanek, revealed the key to beating the Serb: "I think to beat him the way to play is to serve really well, hold your service games and distract his game from the back. Play something different." That will be Berdych's challenge, then.
- - The fifth seed in Melbourne, Berdych has played in one major final, at Wimbledon back in 2010, where he upset Djokovic in the semi-finals. That, however, is Berdych’s only win against Djokovic in 12 meetings. It’s not a record that will give him much confidence ahead of this clash.
- - You can follow all the latest sports news via the official Eurosport Twitter feed -
- - The top seed at Australian Open 2013, most expect Novak Djokovic to reach the final, if not win his third consecutive title here and carve out a piece of history for himself. Can anyone see the Serb being defeated by Berdych? Get in touch with your thoughts via Twitter -
- - This match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521) - oh, and of course you can watch it on the Eurosport Player!
- - Welcome to our live text commentary of the night session at Melbourne Park! World number one Novak Djokovic faces fifth seed Tomas Berdych with a place in the Australian Open semi-finals up for grabs.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|