|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 – GAME SET AND MATCH! Nadal serves for a place in the quarters against either Dimitrov or Mayer and he does so easily as the German nets a weak backhand, fails to return the next serve and – while he pulls one back – cannot handle Nadal’s power, the Spaniard taking it after a rally as Kohlschreiber netted. Drawsheet
- - NADAL 6-2 5-4 – Kohlschreiber for once holds with comfort, Nadal seemingly happy to have him on serve for the finale. Fine serve to nail it to love. Rafa serves for the match.
- NADAL 6-2 5-3 – Nadal blasts his way to a love hold to leave the German serving to stay in the tournament.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-3 – BREAK! Well Nadal was hunting Kohlschreiber down on his serve and he manages to get the first break of the second set, off 30, as the German gets nowhere near his powerful drive. That should be enough for the Spaniard.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-3 – As Kohlschreiber nets a forehand, it’s a love hold for Nadal who cannot wait to get the German back on serve.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-3 – Lovely backhand slide from Kohlschreiber across the net for 30-15. Nadal with a great scooped forehand across the net for 40-30 but the German holds with a skimming backhand off the top of the net. He acknowledges it was a bit lucky but you make your own fortune with lunges like that.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-2 – Both men are serving well and following up smartly. They trade holds of serve, Kohlschreiber’s the tougher of the two.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-1 – Nadal holds nice and quickly to keep the momentum up and force the German to withstand his assaults on serve.
- - NADAL 6-2 0-1 – Nadal really isn’t making things easy for Kohlschreiber, again harassing him to deuce. This time the German holds with a booming forehand into the corner.
- - NADAL 6-2 – SET NADAL! Easy hold to defend his double-break and Nadal takes the first set in 38 minutes.
- - NADAL 5-2 - BREAK! Kohlschreiber is made to work very hard as he moves to advantage, but a lovely Nadal lob on the run counters one from the German to bring it back to deuce. And now a break poin as Kohlschreiber mis-hits a smash beyond the baseline, and it's taken as a terrible follow-up backhand from the German hits the net.
- - NADAL 4-2 – Nadal holds serve to maintain his break advantage, looking very sprightly. Let’s see if he can maintain this intensity throughout the tournament.
- - NADAL 3-2 - The German follows that up with a strong serve of his own. Nadal still a break up.
- - NADAL 3-1 – Imperious service game from Nadal as he defends the break with power and precision.
- - NADAL 2-1 – BREAK! Old-school Nadal as he scuttles along the baseline, keeping a point alive before slinging a lofted pass down the line, high past the German with a late dip to bounce in. Two break points but Kohlschreiber is a combative sort and brings it back to deuce. Nadal has a third chance as Kohschrieber errs, and he takes it as the German hits his follow-up long.
- - NADAL 1-1 - Not the easiest hold of serve for Nadal either, but he gets off the mark to 30.
- - NADAL 0-1 - Kohlschreiber is made to work hard to hold serve but he gets on the board against the tournament favourite.
- - Next up on Court Central is Philipp Kohlschreiber's clash with the favourite Rafa Nadal. The Spaniard has only lost once to the German in nine matches, but that was their last clash, a straight-sets win for Kohlschreiber last season in Halle.
|Date of Birth||16/10/1983|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|