No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Simon earns three match points on the Hewitt serve and takes the first of them as Hewitt can only find the net on the forehand. Simon remains unbeaten against Hewitt but has to come back from two sets down to do it. Simon is in the second round. Amazing match.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 6-5 - Simon produces a love service game at the perfect moment! He's back on track and yells in delight.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-5 - Hewitt fails to put away two easy forehands at 30-15 and lets Simon back in. But Simon fails to capitalise and Hewitt clinches it. Incredible stuff. No tie breaks in the fifth set in Paris so... we go on.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-4 - BREAK! Amazing. Just amazing. At 5-0 up, it looked a formality for Simon. Now Hewitt breaks to bring the set back on serve at 5-4.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-3 - Hewitt holds after another quite incredible game on Lenglen. Simon seems to have the point wrapped up but is on the wrong end of an unfortunate net cord, which brings up game point for Hewitt. The Australian takes it and further cuts Simon's lead.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Whoops! A wobble for Simon, who fails to hold his serve and clinch the match. Hewitt has a glimmer at 5-2.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-1 - Hewitt holds to 15 to avoid the final set bagel, but Simon will now serve for the match.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-0 - Simon holds serve to race into a surely unassailable 5-0 lead in the final set. Hewitt appears to be dead and buried here.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 3-0 - BREAK! Simon looks unstoppable at the moment! Hewitt has collapsed and Simon is taking full advantage with some brilliantly positive tennis. The Frenchman looks like he can't miss.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 1-0 - You have to say the momentum is with Simon at th moment. The Frenchman looks a different player to the one that looked so inept in the opening two sets.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-1 - SET! What a set by Simon! Inspired stuff by the Frenchman, who raises the roof on Lenglen with an emphatic winner. He then takes the fourth set to force a decider.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 4-1 - Simon goes a double break up and surely there's no way back for Hewitt now in this set.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Simon, inspired by his brilliant third set, is producing his best tennis of the match so far. He's taken an important early step towards taking the fourth set.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 6-4 - SET! Simon is back in this. He's held his serve to clinch the third set and cut Hewitt's lead to one. Vital fourth set coming.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 5-3 - Simon keeps Hewitt at arm's length with a solid hold to move to within a game of the third set.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 3-2 - Hewitt is hanging in this third set. A couple of powerful winners ensures Hewit remains only the single break behind.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 3-1 - Simon continues his resurgence with a good hold. We've finally got a match on our hands.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 2-1 - Hewitt strikes back with a hold that he was worked hard for. After two sets, Simon has finally arrived at Roland Garros.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 2-0 - Simon follows up his break with a tidy hold. Perhaps there's life in the old dog yet.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 1-0 - BREAK! Simon knows he has to do something to wrestle back control and he opens the third set well, breaking Hewitt immediately.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-6 - SET! Hewitt on fire as he clinches the second set. Not much I can say about Simon's performance so far.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-5 - An epic 47-shot rally is won by Hewitt, which hands him the initiative for the rest of the game. The Australian keeps his head at deuce to hold for a vital 5-1 lead in the second set. He pumps his fist and yells in delight.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-4 - BREAK! Things are getting worse for Simon. Hewitt drags him one way then the other before breaking him with a couple of beastly winners.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-3 - Hewitt manages to hold his serve against Gilles Simon, who just cannot get on top here.
- - SIMON 3-6 1-2 - Hewitt races into a 2-0 lead at the start of the second set, but Simon pegs him back to 2-1. The Frenchman has no answer to the Australian's athleticism and excellent groundstrokes here.
- - SIMON 3-6 - SET! Hewitt finally holds his serve and deservedly takes the opening set. The home fans rather quiet on Lenglen.
- - SIMON 3-5 - BREAK! Hewitt produces some great forehands to break the Simon serve again and moves to within a game of the first set.
- - SIMON 3-4 - BREAK! Simon breaks back as neither player seems able to hold their serve.
- - SIMON 2-4 - BREAK! Hewitt breaks the Frenchman again to quieten the home fans on Lenglen.
- - SIMON 2-3 - Hewitt gets his nose back in front with a good hold. Very fast-paced game, this.
- - SIMON 2-2 - We're back on serve now as Simon consolidates his break to square the opening set.
- - SIMON 0-2 - BREAK! Attrocious start by Simon, who has conceded the first two games of the opening set. Hewitt off to a flyer.
- - SIMON 0-1 - BREAK! Hewitt takes the first game on Lenglen. On serve here.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|
|Date of Birth||24/02/1981|