|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 7-6(1) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Ouch! Another poor tie-break from Haase as Tsonga cruises through it for the loss of just the one point - the Dutchman netting a forehand to end his interest in this match
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 6-6 - Another serve of hold from Tsonga means this set, and possibly the match, will be decided by another tie-break. Haase has lost 16 straight tie-breaks in a row, can he end that this time around?
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 6-5 - Tsonga quickly holds to level up yet again before Haase holds to force the Frenchman to go through it all again.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 5-4 - Haase holds once again with a forehand winner to leave Tsonga preparing to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends. It's a struggle for both players at the moment.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 4-4 - Tsonga does brilliantly well to get up to a shorter angled ball from Haase. just picking the ball up before it's second bounce, eventually finding a backhand volley winner to earn himself a game point from deuce. And although he squanders the chance with a forehand long but he earns himself a second chance and this time he does hold
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 3-4 - Tsonga finally manages to secure his serve with a forehand winner, after allowing Haase back into the game, albeit not so far that he is forced to face a break point. But Haase quickly holds for a change to sneak out in front again.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 2-3 - Tsonga is left frustrated with himself when he again slips on the baseline and mis-hits a forehand despite having acres of space to aim towards while looking for a forehand winner that would have set up a break point. And Haase goes on to hold to sneak out in front once again
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 2-2 - Tsonga is quick to get things fully levelled up with a second serve ace, his fourth ace of the day, to seal the hold
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 1-2 - BREAK! Ouch. A really poor game from Haase, who looks like he is about to snap once again after handing Tsonga the immediate break back with successive errors.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) 0-2 - BREAK! Haase will feel a lot better now as Tsonga gifts him a service break with a couple of mis-hits, on the latter of which he appears to stumble on his approach to the service line causing him to him into the net.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) - SET! Ouch! Haase is furious with himself when as he allows Tsonga to take the breaker without the Frenchman having to do much at all except wait for Haase to make the mistakes. The Dutchman slams his racquet down in disgust, thrashing it against the ground repeatedly until he breaks the frame. He earns himself a code violation in the process which will hardly help his mood.
- - TSONGA 6-6(3-3) - TIE-BREAK! Haase has lost the last 14 consecutive tie-breaks he has played and although he starts well by grabbing the early mini-break, he lets Tsonga right back into the breaker with a couple of unforced errors. The scores are all square at the change of ends
- - TSONGA 6-6 - Tsonga holds with ease yet again before pushing Haase all the way to deuce in a bid to avoid the tie-break. But the Dutchman holds eventually with a forehand winner. This set will be decided by a tie-break.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - Haase makes light work of serving to stay in the set and levels up yet again - the Dutchman so far is looking pretty confident although Tsonga is not looking too troubled so far.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - No long term affects from that spill of Haase's as he holds without any drama to level up once again. This set reaching crunch point now and still just the one sign of a break - coming in that fourth game
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Haase is left flexing his left leg after slipping on the baseline as Tsonga goes on to hold with a drop shot and cross court backhand passing shot winner
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Tsonga races through another quick service hold to keep the pressure on Haase, but the Dutchman proves more than equal to the task as he also eases through a hold.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Tsonga fails to take advantage of an early break point, slipping on the baseline and sending a forehand long. The Frenchman is not happy about his footing at all at the moment and even less so when he puts another ground-stroke long to concede the game
- - Rain is beginning to fall quite heavily in Madrid and we may be facing a delay shortly while they close the roof. Of course, they can continue playing on a clay court much longer than they can on any other surface in the rain.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - Tsonga holds to 15 with a cross court forehand that beats Haas for pace, the Dutchman not even getting close to the ball until it bounces back off the hoardings behind him
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Tsonga and Haase both post comfortable service holds to get their account off the mark.
- - We're just about ready to go and it will be Tsonga to serve first to get things underway ...
- - These two have never faced each other before so the first few games will most likely see them test each other out and find out their movement on clay
- - Coming up next for us is world number seven Jo-Wilfried Tsonga taking on Dutch qualifier Robin Haase
|Date of Birth||06/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|