|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - No, actually it won't go to a third set. Murray has walked back to the chair before deciding he can't play on. He walks around the net and shakes hands with Granollers to end the match. After putting in all that effort to prolong the match, the Scot has decided he can't continue.
- - MURRAY 5-6 7-6(5) - SET! Murray wraps up the second set when Granollers goes long with another forehand. This match will go to a decider!
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 (6-5) - TIE-BREAK! Murray finds a forehand winner down the line after Granollers had gone wide on the opposite wing. And that is quickly turned into a second set point when the Spaniard volleys into the net...
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 (4-5) - TIE-BREAK! Murray immediately concedes his advantage when he goes wide with an angled cross court backhand, and Granollers is just two points from victory after a forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 (4-3) - TIE-BREAK! There is absolutely nothing to choose between the two players at the change of ends as the scores a locked at 3-3 but Murray gets the mini-break just after the change when Granollers slices an ill-advised forehand drop shot short into the net.
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 - Murray fashions a set point but cannot take advantage of it as Granollers produces a superb first serve to save it. And from there Spaniard goes on to hold and force the tie-break.
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-5 - Murray opens with an ace before going on to hold without too much trouble. Just moments after having served for the match, Granollers will have to serve to stay in this second set, while Murray has ensured that he will at least see a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 3-6 5-5 - BREAK! Murray earns himself two break back points when a forehand winner after a tentative rally from Granollers. The Spaniard saves the first with a brilliant backhand half-volley pick-up that he puts just over the net for a perfect drop shot. But he can do nothing about the second and Murray does have the break back once again, the Scot finding a forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-5 - BREAK! Murray pushes his running backhand passing shot attempt just long down the line and Granollers has a point to re-establish his break advantage in this second set. Murray saves it with a forehand winner across court. Granollers gets a second chance which Murray also saves with a forehand across court, this time inside out and not an outright winner, but good enough. Granollers breaks at the third opportunity when Murray nets a volley. The Spaniard will serve for the match!
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-4 - BREAK! Granollers finds a big serve right into the corner of the box in a bid to get himself out of trouble at 15-30 down. It works but it's only a temporary respite for the Spaniard as Murray brings up another break point with a vicious forehand return that Granollers can only net in reply. And sure enough Murray does level things up, Granollers going long down the line with a forehand. It's all level in this second set.
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-4 - Much better from Murray as he gives Granollers something to think about for the first time, holding without too much trouble. The Spaniard still holds the one break but is he beginning to get nervous now?
- - MURRAY 3-6 2-4 - BREAK! Granollers fires a backhand long of the baseline to squander a first game point and then hits a backhand into the net to allow Murray to level at deuce. The Scot then earns himself a break back point with a blistering backhand passing shot return of serve. Murray does get one of the breaks back with another vicious ground-stroke. Granollers still leads by a set and a break though.
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-4 - BREAK! Ouch! Murray is all over the place now as Granollers breaks for a second time. The Scot clearly does not have his head in the game and his Rome Masters campaign could be over bery shortly indeed/
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-3 - Granollers races through the hold this time to consolidate the break and this is a long way back now for Murray, especially with that hip problem that is clearly distracting him.
- - Murray is clearly still being troubled by that left hip niggle that he was feeling in Madrid last week as he has been clutching at it after points throughout the afternoon in this match. And now he is going to take an injury timeout to receive some treatment.
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-2 - BREAK! Granollers is quick to fashion three more break points with a stunning sliced backhand drop shot that bounces back towards the net. The first goes begging when the Spaniard goes long with a forehand but he re-establishes his lead on the second with a backhand that Murray cannot cope with.
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-1 - BREAK! Murray gets a little lucky when his backhand passing shot catches the top of the tape and bounces over the racquet of Granollers to bring up an immediate break back point for the Scot. And sure enough Murray does get this second set back on track when Granollers goes long.
- - MURRAY 3-6 0-1 - BREAK! Murray finds himself another couple of break points down but he saves them both, the first when Granollers goes long with a defensive lob attempt and the second with a great cross court forehand that the Spaniard can only net down the line. Murray serves a third with a great forehand winner, a fourth with a cross court backhand and a fifth with some immense defending but Granollers does break eventually with a sensational forehand passing shot winner across court.
- - It's starting to rain now in Rome as Murray is locked in a tough service game to open the second set. There's not too much sign of the players going off just yet but it is scheduled to rain for much of the afternoon, unfortunately.
- - MURRAY 3-6 - SET! Murray saves a first set point with a blistering inside out forehand winner across court but he can do nothing about the second as Granollers finds a backhand approach shot that does the damage. Very passive from the world number two.
- - MURRAY 3-5 - Murray does well to hold and prolong this first set but Granollers will have the chance to serve it out next.
- - MURRAY 2-5 - Murray attempts to feed a backhand passing shot winner down the line only to miss by just milimetres. And it is another error from the Scot's racquet that hands Granollers the hold. Murray will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 2-4 - BREAK! Ouch! Murray finds himself staring at three break points after coughing up another short high ball on the backhand win. A great approach shot from the Spaniard, landing just inside the baseline, which Murray can only net on his reply and Granollers has the opening break.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Not quite as comfortable as the first two service games for Granollers as he is pushed to 30-30 this time before being able to hold when Murray fails to find the court with a backhand
- - MURRAY 2-2 - The ideal game for the Scot as he holds to love to quickly level up, despite missing his first serve on game point. This match is travelling pretty fast so far - just 16 mintues for the first four games.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Granollers strengthens his start to this match, holding without too much trouble once again. Murray did pick up the opening point of the game, a forehand passing shot winner down the line but it was the only point the Scot could manage.
- - This is a pretty tough opening match for Murray against the world number 37 Granollers, especially after a few days off in between Madrid and Rome. Do you think he is in any danger? Why not come say hi on Twitter @pippawdavis
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray is forced to save an early break point after offering up a high ball for Granollers and receiving the punishment that it deserved as the Spaniard fires over a forehand winner. From there Murray goes on to hold when Granollers goes long with a backhand.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Granollers holds for the opening game of the match, pushing Murray around the baseline and eventually drawing the forehand long from the Scot.
- - Murray and Granollers have just about finished going through their warm-up and it will be the Spaniard to get the clash underway by serving first...
- - Murray and Granollers have played each other on two occasions before today with the Scot winning both of those matches. The first came on the clay in Barcelona way back in 2006 when Murray dropped the first set before coming back to win, while the Scot won in straight sets on the Australian Open hard courts in 2009.
- - Our next featured match will be between Andy Murray, world number two although seeded third in Rome due to the seedings being set before the new world rankings were released, taking on Spanish clay-court specialist Marcel Granollers
|Date of Birth||12/04/1986|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|