|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 3-6 7-6(2) 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Jerzy Janowicz has dispatched another top 10 player and another Frenchman to boot. He is through to the quarter-finals, having served out to love with a forehand smash winner. Next up for Janowicz will be either Federer or Simon.
- - GASQUET 6-3 6-7(2) 0-1 - BREAK! Janowicz goes mental at the umpire when he thinks Gasquet has not got a ball up before the double bounce - Janowicz losing the point afterwards. Replays are inconclusive and Janowicz does apologise to Gasquet but the Pole's behaviour is definitely distracting Gasquet as he nets to concede the early break to open this final set.
- - GASQUET 6-3 6-7(2) - SET! Janowicz has levelled up this clash with Gasquet, the Frenchman netting a forehand to help the Pole seal the breaker 7-2 and force the decider.
- - GASQUET 6-3 2-3 - BREAK! Gasquet is back, the Frenchman works Janowicz around the baseline to earn himself a break back point before a trip into the net seals it. Back on serve in this second set, albeit Gasquet still trailing by a game.
- - GASQUET 6-3 1-3 - BREAK! Gasquet has been completely thrown by that bad call when he should have had a break, and is promptly broken as he struggles to maintain concentration.
- - GASQUET 6-3 1-2 - The Frenchman is left justifiable angry when Janowicz challenges a backhand volley from the Gasquet. The ball was called good and replays certainly suggest the ball did catch the line. But the Pole has got the umpire down from the chair and pointed to a mark that missed the line, the umpire confirming it was out. It does not seem like that was the right mark. It was a break point for Gasquet and Janowicz goes on to hold.
- - GASQUET 6-3 - SET! Gasquet has finally found a breakthough the Janowicz defence, breaking in the eighth game before serving out with no troubles at all. The Frenchman has one foot in the quarter-finals now.
- - GASQUET 3-2 - French ninth seed Gasquet saves an early break point with a backhand winner before going on to hold with a great serve out wide that Janowicz can only return long. And the Frenchman remains on serve in the early stages of this clash.
- - While we wait for the Roger Federer v Gilles Simon match still to come we are going to dip in and out of the match currently going on over on the Supertennis Arena between ninth seed Richard Gasquet and mercurial Pole Jerzy Janowicz.
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|