No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||6||-||-||-|
- - Next up for third seed Del Potro, then, will be four-times former champion Lleyton Hewitt in tomorrow's quarter-finals.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! DelPo saves it with a very low sliced backhand that Evans can only net on his approach to the net. A netted forehand from Evans then hands DelPo a first match point ... And the Argentine seals the match with a big forehand across court that Evans can only slice wide on a backhand down the line.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 5-3 - A sliced backhand winner across court followed by a forehand winner sees Evans go 0-30 up on the DelPo serve for the first time. The Argentine gets one point back when Evans nets a forehand return and then also a second with an acutely angled topspin forehand across court which Evans can only return into the net on a clay-court esque slide. But a huge forehand return winner from Evans brings up a first break point of the match ...
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 5-3 - A third ace from Evans brings up two game points. A forehand return of serve winner from DelPo denies the Brit on the first but he does hold at the second attempt when the Argentine nets a low off-forehand. DelPo will serve for the match next though.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 5-2 - Forehands into the net on consecutive points from DelPo allows Evans a chance at 30-30. The Argentine makes a trip into the net after a netcord from Evans on the next point though, easily putting away a forehand volley for a winner. And he holds with a running forehand passing shot winner after easily chasing down a backhand stop volley from Evans. The Brit will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 4-2 - BREAK! DelPo ends up flat on his back but not before he had whipped a forehand passing shot down the line and right on to the sideline for a winner. Evans follows it with a double fault and it's two break points to the Argentine. Evans saves the first by backing away from the ball and firing a forehand winner down the line. But an inside-out forehand wide across court gifts DelPo the break at the second attempt.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 3-2 - DelPo's first ace of the match brings up two game points but he only needs the one to sneak out in front again in this second set as he thumps a forehand right down onto the baseline and draws the error, a forehand into the net, from Evans.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 2-2 - Evans holds to 15 this time to double his output in this second set. The Brit seals the game with a 130mph ace right down the centre of the court.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 2-1 - DelPo dumps a low backhand slice into the bottom of the net to allow Evans to level at 30-30. But the Argentine quickly earns himself a game point with a huge first serve into the body of Evans, the Brit netting his rushed return. And DelPo holds when Evans slices a backhand wide down the line.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 1-1 - Dan Evans is on the scoreboard! The Brit races through a love service hold of his own, with some much better serving, to at least get off the mark and deny Del Potro the double bagel victory, which would have surely been on the cards had Evans dropped that game.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 1-0 - Evans backs away from the ball and thumps a forehand winner down the line to deny DelPo a love service hold to open the second set. Another forehand winner, this time down the opposite line, sees the Brit apply some pressure at 40-30. And another winner this time an inside-out forehand across court sees Evans level at deuce. But DelPo quickly steadies the ship to hold without the loss of another point.
- - DEL POTRO 6-0 - SET! Ouch. DelPo breaks to love to seal the first set when Evans again slaps down a double fault. Just 19 minutes n the clock for that opening set and it's the world number eight, seeded three at Queen's, who is firmly in control.
- - DEL POTRO 5-0 - DelPo just snatches a forehand to allow Evans a look at a chance to get one of the breaks back at 15-30. But an ace and an unreturnable serve quickly slam the door shut for the Brit and DelPo holds with another huge serve that Evans cannot return in play. The Brit will have to serve to avoid the bagel set
- - DEL POTRO 4-0 - BREAK! The Argentine quickly has another three break points. Evans saves the first with a gutsy forehand before Del Potro wastes the second with a netted backhand return. A huge forehand down the line (after running round the ball) and a smash winner saves the third for Evans but he hands Del Potro a fourth chance with another forehand down the line after running round the ball, this time long. And this time Del Potro does break when Evans slaps down a double fault.
- - DEL POTRO 3-0 - Del Potro is moving very well in the early stages of this clash as he holds by reacting quickly to the netcord from Evans and easily getting up to put the ball away to consolidate his break advantage.
- - DEL POTRO 2-0 - BREAK! Great tennis from Del Potro as he builds the point perfectly before sealing the early break with a forehand winner from mid-way up the court. He is looking very sharp today, much more so than he did against Malisse in the opening round.
- - DEL POTRO 1-0 - A lovely sliced backhand from Del Potro as he works his way up to the net before finding the winner to seal a love service hold to open the match.
- - We are just about ready to go then and it will be Del Potro to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - So, coming up next on Centre Court is another Brit - Dan Evans taking on Argentine third seed Juan Martin Del Potro.
|Date of Birth||23/05/1990|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|