|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 7-6 - GAME, SET, MATCH! Djokovic finally sees off Haas after a great resistence in that third set. It's Djokovic-Berdych in the last eight.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 6-6 - Tie-break it is. Djokovic won't be too pleased as he really should have sown this up by now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 6-5 - Novak holds to 15 but will need another break, or the tie-break, to wrap this up. Can Haas hold on and try to pull a set back in the TB?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 5-5 - Haas dodges another match point and holds for parity.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 5-4 - BREAK! - Haas clung on and clung on and finally took his chance. He's broken Novak from deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 5-3 - Haas holds firm however and Djokovic will serve for it now. Half an hour into the third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 5-2 - Djokovic racks up another quick hold and one more game will do it...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 4-2 - BREAK! - Haas nets from deuce on the second break point and Djokovic has the break he needs to try and finish this in three.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 3-2 - Djokovic reaches 12 Aces in the match during this hold to 15, finished off with a trademark dropper having sent Haas scurrying in the other direction beforehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 2-2 - Djokovic slips while failing to prevent hold point. Looked worrying for a second but he appears to be okay.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 2-1 - Novak again stretching Haas well with his serve and picking him off at the net. Brisk service game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 1-1 - Djokovic begins with strong returns but Haas remains dogged to 30-30 where a failed backhand slice goes wide and completes a hold to 30.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 1-0 - Haas sends Djokovic down low to try and save his spotless hold but he can only net. After that, Djokovic serves to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 - SET! - Fantastic return to form by Djokovic and after engaging Haas into rallies on his own serve a little more often, he forges a set point won with a cracking cross-court forehand. That set was a serious chance for Tommy...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-4 - Djoko busts out his more delicate shots to seal a hold to 15, with a short volley and deft dropper on the last two points after stretching Haas from side to side.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-4 - BREAK! - There it is! Haas had in fact forced deuce from a triple break point, the third one coming after a lovely rally of 37. But a borderline winner after Tommy had netted sealed the break back on first advantage with the German using up a challenge. Djokovic is back level in the second.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-4 - Haas follows up the break with a hold, but Djokovic puts an end to the run of drawn-out games with a crisp hold to love. Needs to recover that break, however.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-3 - BREAK! - These continual deuce games are helping Haas here, and he's found his stride enough to break Djokovic for the first time. Could be interesting now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-2 - Long back-and-forth game but Haas just about keeps serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-1 - At least there are less inexplicable errors from Haas now, which is promising a more competitive set. Novak steps up the serve to hold to 30.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-1 - Haas having more fun with the power shots recently while Djokovic overhits a couple, but two stunning winners from the Serb force deuce. Haas is able to hold from first advantage and avoid the early capitulation of set one.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-0 - Djokovic holds serve comfortable enough to get the second set underway.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! - Novak's returns remain strong, but the quality of some of Haas' winners suggest he should at least force him to serve for the first set. Unfortunately, at deuce he completely hashes two simple shots out of range and hands it over on a triple-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - A beautiful scooped cross-court winner by Haas merely adds a '15' to Djokovic's comfortable hold. He needs one more to go a set up.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Hearty cheers from the crowd for Haas putting his first game on the board with a solid hold to 30. This set looks likely to have already passed him by but it's good to see him getting more into the swing of things ahead of potentially trying to upset the apple cart in the second.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-0 - Again Nole does not dominate on serve - he double faults for the second time already, too - but a hold to 30 is capped with an ace as he makes his lead even more commanding.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - BREAK! - Poor from Haas. He's up to half a dozen unforced errors already as he is broken to love. Too much urgency about him so far, no need for it.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - Haas almost breaks immediately back - his backhand again yielding opportunities against the world number one but Djokovic fights back for deuce, evades a third break point and clings on for the hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - BREAK! - The Serb immediately begins with three comfortable returns before dropping break points one and two to Haas' backhand. He wraps it up the third time of asking, however, for the early edge.
- - Haas has first serve. And we are underway!
- - Here come Djokovic and Haas onto Centre Court. It's our final singles match to start today.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|