|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GULBIS 2-6 4-6 4-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Gulbis successfully serves to stay in the tournament but Verdasco made him work hard. Indeed, it looks like Verdasco will go through as he holds serve to love quite brilliantly to move into the last 16. Next up is either De Schepper or Monaco, who is trailing by two sets to love.
- - GULBIS 2-6 4-6 2-4 - Verdasco has a break in the third and this could be it for Gulbis now as the Spaniard defends it to love.
- - GULBIS 2-6 4-6 - Verdasco has also managed to hold and close out the second set, although with less fuss than Youzhny. As good as I've seen him play for some time.
- - GULBIS 2-6 4-5 - Gulbis is now fighting to stay in the second, pushed to deuce as he serves at 3-5, but he tosses up an ace to hold and force Verdasco to serve it out.
- - GULBIS 2-6 2-4 - BREAK! Another break for Verdasco, who is enjoying himself out there. He backs it up with a love hold as Gulbis hits a forehand long.
- - GULBIS 2-6 - SET! And Verdasco takes it, overcoming a little slip to backhand volley beautifully into space and claim first blood after half an hour.
- - GULBIS 2-5 - BREAK! Another break for Verdasco, who at this early stage looks more like the thrusting power merchant of old. He serves for the first set.
- - GULBIS 1-2 - BREAK! Lovely drop volley from Verdasco and the Spaniard breaks for the first time this match.
- - GULBIS 1-1 - With serve as this match commences. The head to head favours Spain's Verdasco 2-1 but he has fallen away in recent years and Gulbis won their last encounter in Barcelona in straight sets.
|Date of Birth||30/08/1988|
|Date of Birth||15/11/1983|