|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 6-2 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Djokovic serves it out to 30, chucking in his third error today as he netted a clear winner, and drawing a huge cheer for Chardy who pulled it to 40-30 with a smash. Djoko is through as expected to face 'bogeyman' Tommy Haas (well, he beat him in Miami this season and it's 5-3 on the H2H. As close as you'll get to a bogeyman).
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 5-2 - Chardy moves ahead as Nole returns to net but the next return bounces just past Chardy and in. And a rally follows, which sees Nole net to the delight of the crowd. His second actual error today. And he returns long for a popular hold to Chardy.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 5-1 Chardy serving to stay in the match; a Nole return leaves him for dead, but Chardy levels with a nice forehand across court that even Mr Bendy can't reach. Nole then nets after a serve-volley, but a sweet half-volley from deep bounces past the Frenchman to level. Then an audacious volley at the net brings up match point, but Nole returns long and it's deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 5-1 - (CTRL C, CTRL V: 'Djokovic holds to love'). Ah, actually he doesn't as a rare error makes it 40-15; a fine open forehand into the corner does the trick though.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! Almost a hold to 30 for Chardy but he flicks his backhand just wide. Deuce and now break point as the Frenchman nets a weak backhand. Djoko does break in the end as Chardy spoons one long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-1 - Djokovic holds to 15, with Chardy's third point against Nole's serve this match greeted with a huge cheer as it was a great volley away from the Serb, which he thumbed-up.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 2-1 - The crowd roar Chardy on as he moves 40-15 with a lovely volley, before holding as Djoko returns to net. They just want this to continue.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 2-0 - Djokovic holds to love. I should clipboard that for regular use.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Nole has brought his a-game to Chardy and kicks off the third and almost certainly final set with a superb break to 30, marvellous returning from the Serb and he takes it with a booming forehand that Chardy meets but spoons long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 - SET! Djokovic is serving for the second set out on Centre Court. Now Serena's match against Date-Krumm is due to follow Ferrer-Dolgopolov on Court One, which is shaping up into an epic. We'll see what they do about that - would make sense to move it to Centre so they can play on post-Djokovic. Meanwhile, Djokovic holds easily to take the second, the winning shot a superbly controlled volley at the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-1 - Djokovic holds to 15 and it's cruise control. No way back for Chardy, who is facing an up-for-it Nole.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! Another break point though as Chardy nets after geing his feet and backhand wrong, back to deuce and they stay there for a while before Djokovic takes his chance with a flashing forehand and that is a double break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - Having held with no problems, Nole is now looking for another break. He starts superbly, flicking a deft lob beyond Chardy, before sending a return dipping just at the last to deceive him for 0-30. And what a return! Incredible bendy forehand from Djoko down the line! Three break points... Almost a love break but his next return bounces an inch long, while Chardy claws another back with a fine serve. And deuce as Djoko returns long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Fantastically crafted point from Nole as he flicks away a volley for the first break of the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Chardy on serve to start the second set and, after a blinding return edges Nole ahead, it's a hold as the Frenchman serves well.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! After that love break, and via a poor forehand from the Frenchman, Djokovic holds to zero as Chardy returns out and that is the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - BREAK! Djokovic has his break-face on now as he flashes a double-hander past a Chardy who I'm not sure saw it. And now a double fault for 0-40!! First is saved as Djoko returns well wide... But the next is taken with an impossible flying backhand across the court. Fantastic point!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Still with serve here, but the manner in which Djokovic is keeping par is impressive - another love hold for the Serb as Chardy lobs long.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - A wonderful lob by Djokovic for break point, but deuce with an overhit forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - A hold of serve must feel like a break when it's against Djokovic, both in effort and emotion. Anyway, Chardy is keeping his head above water.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - A love hold from Nole as he chucks in a third ace so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Chardy saves break point with a superb ace. He goes on to hold with a cool forehand down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Nice start for Nole as he batters his way to a love hold.
- - Djokovic and Chardy have played each other six times and Nole has won all six. The last time was here at Wimbles two years ago, when the Djoker went on to win.
- - Sabine Lisicki's win over Sam Stosur means it's Nole time, as world no.1 Novak Djokovic prepares to take the stage against 28th seed Jeremy Chardy. That should start in the next 10-15 mins.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||12/02/1987|